Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi, I'm Everly playing on PS4

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Hi, I'm Everly playing on PS4 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Everly » April 2, 2016 4:50am | Report
I recently started playing Smite and I am enjoying it, although I am pretty terrible. I've gotten up to Level 8 mostly on Coop vs AI Arena matches. Last night I attempted yet another Joust and after about 4 minutes the two others aborted and left me with a level 7 Guan Yu against a level 12 Bacchus, but I didn't give up and eventually got up to Level 20 and won the match which was my first Joust win.

I just found this site and love the amount of information and how it is organized. I honestly had no idea how to build the god (or that you could) and how to optimize the item load outs.

Right now I am playing with the free gods but I think I've just earned enough to buy one. I'm wanting to do my homework so I make it a good purchase. The biggest issue I seem to be having is the speed of leveling up. It appears that I'm always lagging behind the enemy and my team mates (they are at 8 while I'm at 5) so I could use any tips and keeping pace.

PSN = Everly1973

Everly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 2, 2016 5:20am | Report
Hi Everly !

While I don't play on the PS4 myself, there are certain things you need to know about buying a god

1. You could buy a god that is Over Powered. That would make it easier to win matches, but when the game updates, your god could become weaker.

2. You could buy a god that is balanced, and that the developers won't mess around with. That is the case of Chang'e, Aphrodite, Apollo, and others. They'll probably stay with their numbers for the entire rest of eternity, or may even be buffed certain points ! However it could be sligtly harder to win than a OP God.

3. Remember that people at max level always play the OP gods, meaning that if you made your ENTIRE god purchases so far on OP gods, you maybe stuck with Free gods. Even if Neith, Ra, Ymir and Thor are pretty strong, everyone knows how they work perfectly ! Guan Yu excluded...

If you need any other help, just ask !

~Prism
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Everly » April 2, 2016 5:35am | Report
Thank you so much for the information Prism. My wife also complains that I research things to death before I decide on what to buy and I guess is this will be no different. I don't know if it is the same on PC, but on PS4 there are two small icons, a green one and a yellow one. I don't know the names yet. It seems you can purchase the green ones outright with money and you earn the yellow by playing the game itself.

A god can be bought with 200 of the green or 5,500 of the yellow. So right now I have just over 6K of the yellow. So I'll figure out what I want to do, but my gut is telling me to just keep learning the game and the abilities of my current roster.

So here is a question...what is the actual names I should be using when I'm referring to the green and yellow icons?

Edit : Ah, I figured it out. Gems and Favors

Everly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 2, 2016 9:23am | Report
I would advise DONT spend gems on single gods. If you're going to put real money into buying gods then buy the God pack (I think it's called the founders pack on ps4 atm) as its much better value, giving you access to every god (and every god to be released in the future) and a few extra skins.

As for deciding which gods you may want to unlock, if you go into practice>>jungle practice you can try out any God for free in the jungle dojo, so you can get a general feel for any God before you buy them. I would advise playing around this way with a few gods you like the look of before you commit to buying any.

Also tell us what sort of playstyle you like, and we can try and suggest some gods you might enjoy, to check out.

Anyways welcome to smitefire, hope you enjoy your stay

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Everly » April 2, 2016 9:56am | Report
Thank you for the welcome Cake. That is a great suggestion regarding trying out some of the gods in the jungle. I intend to use favors to buy them and not gems.

I think the big question that I can't figure out is how the others in the match are leveling up so much faster than I am

Everly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 2, 2016 12:03pm | Report
Are you staying in lane until level 12, or are you rotating a lot and not killing minions ? When you aren't killing minions or you're with 3-4 people to kill the minions, they don't share as much xp. Therefore, you need to stick more to lane before getting out of it. Maybe they're doing jungle camps and you're not ? I dunno, something's happening.

Try to think what is happening !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Everly » April 2, 2016 12:18pm | Report
Humm,I usually try to focus on the minions whether I'm in arena or in Joust which are the only two modes I've attempted so far. It seems that I get hit really hard y enemy gods and either die or have to retreat and by the time I'm back in the action I've fallen behind at least a level and that starts the slide.

I definitely need to adjust my build and make better use of items and relics.

Everly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 2, 2016 2:20pm | Report
Everly... but that's what happens ! When a team is doing better than another, they'll have more EXP and Gold, and with gold they'll buy more items, and with more items, more items, more damage !

But yeah... the same thing happens when you're winning.

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Everly » April 2, 2016 3:37pm | Report
Well..........that build didn't seem to help. I seemed to keep pace better but the team lost and I think my kill/death total was 4/11.

Need to practice more obviously.

Everly

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 2, 2016 3:41pm | Report
Yeah, you're low level ! Common rules don't apply on the boulevard of broken dreams

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }