Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMOCT13] Nephthys - Egyptian Goddess of the night, death, and birth!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMOCT13] Nephthys - Egyptian Goddess of the night, death, and birth! 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 10, 2013 6:59am | Report
Yeah, so to Buddha an his statement if more hard CC, it was because I isn't want another super-soldier god. But the invisibility I just thought because of just having Loki be the only one with invisibility it would make the game more interesting. As for the ultimate. So say you shoot it in a line, the ally god with the lowest health in that line, is then marked. They gain protections and HP5. but they still die, so then the mark activates and they come back to life for 6 seconds. They are still counted as being killed, just they came back for a few seconds. Hope that cleared it up!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 10, 2013 11:31am | Report
ok, then the ulti is dumb, I'm sorry. having 6 seconds of life is useless in most cases, since your abilities will probably still be on cooldown!

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2013 1:08pm | Report
Okay, the crux of the arguement seems to be the effectiveness of the ultimate. The main problem is, we have no clear idea of how the mechanics works. The wording is contradictory.

For example, we have no idea if the god is revived instantaneously or not. That can make a huge difference.

And quite frankly, if your ADC dies at all, they will still die whether they are revived or not. Either an ADC is successful and manages to kill someone and retreat, or they are focused on and die. If it is the former, the ult is unnecessary, but if it is the latter, the ult will be useless. I speak from my experiences as playing as Apollo, Artemis, and Cupid.

Seriously, we need more info on how exactly the ultimate works. What is it's maximum range? How long does it take the god to revive? Is there a short reviving animation? How will you deal with ultimates? Is it a skillshot? Is it a projectile or not?

And oh my god, how will this work with Chronos? He dies, is instantly revived, and comes back to the point 8 seconds later, where he doesn't suffer the effects of Nephy's ult. He will never die!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 11, 2013 12:05am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Okay, the crux of the arguement seems to be the effectiveness of the ultimate. The main problem is, we have no clear idea of how the mechanics works. The wording is contradictory.

For example, we have no idea if the god is revived instantaneously or not. That can make a huge difference.

And quite frankly, if your ADC dies at all, they will still die whether they are revived or not. Either an ADC is successful and manages to kill someone and retreat, or they are focused on and die. If it is the former, the ult is unnecessary, but if it is the latter, the ult will be useless. I speak from my experiences as playing as Apollo, Artemis, and Cupid.

Seriously, we need more info on how exactly the ultimate works. What is it's maximum range? How long does it take the god to revive? Is there a short reviving animation? How will you deal with ultimates? Is it a skillshot? Is it a projectile or not?

And oh my god, how will this work with Chronos? He dies, is instantly revived, and comes back to the point 8 seconds later, where he doesn't suffer the effects of Nephy's ult. He will never die!

If you need a bit of help understanding it, look at Yorick's ultimate from League of Legends. It's definitely apparent that a lot of the inspiration was coming from here.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2013 1:57am | Report
Yeah, but Yorick's autotargets the chosen champ. This ability could either be an amazing skillshot that can save your allies from range, or it can be an automatic thing like Yorick that is more restricted.

And no clarification on Chronos?

(Imagine Yorick ults Zilean who ults himself. Kinda like that.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 11, 2013 3:37am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Yeah, but Yorick's autotargets the chosen champ. This ability could either be an amazing skillshot that can save your allies from range, or it can be an automatic thing like Yorick that is more restricted.

And no clarification on Chronos?

(Imagine Yorick ults Zilean who ults himself. Kinda like that.)

I just feel the need to clarify this, just in case you aren;t understanding it. But to put it simple, it's a skillshot that passes through all allies. Of the allies it passes through, it will pick the lowest health ally, and when that ally dies, they will live for another 7 seconds. This is what I'm interpreting from this.

Having a wide *** skillshot and a narrow skillshot both have pros and cons.

A wide skillshot will be easier to hit, but the lowest health target may be an Athena, which won;t be as good to revive as someone, say, Anhur. A narrower skillshot will allow you to better choose the specific target you want, but it will be harder to hit.

Personally, I would prefer a narrower skillshot for this kit, as I do feel like there aren;t enough moments where you can actually feel like a pro, so making it narrower would make more of these opportunities possible.

However, complete removing skillshots out of the question, I would actually prefer Loki targeting on this ability. It's the one that makes the most sense in all honesty.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 11, 2013 5:29am | Report
ok, also, can we juts talk about the 1? Like, are we all in agreement that AoE invisibility will just break this game's balance almost beyond repair?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2013 3:05pm | Report
Uh, yes. Even if their actual abilities weren't invisible (whirlpool would still be visible), you'd still make yourself effectively untargetable for a few seconds.

Yeah, I'm sure some gods like Ao or Poseidon might be able to do something about it, but most gods can't afford to spam their smaller area attacks into the air.

(Also, Chronos stun from point blank range without the hassle of needed to aim or dodge incoming fire.)

Oh, and if we interpret the shroud effect as staying there even when you move out of range, Nephy can shroud her entire team before they split up to escape. Jesus, Loki's vanish is annoying enough.

Let's not forget the ability to hide from automatic attacks, like towers or the minotaur (yes, I'm serious). I can personally confirm that vanishing does make you immune to being targeted by towers and minions. The towers reveal you when the first shot is fired, but it doesn't make you vulnerable to continuous fire.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }