Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMOCT13] Nephthys - Egyptian Goddess of the night, death, and birth!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMOCT13] Nephthys - Egyptian Goddess of the night, death, and birth! 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 9, 2013 9:03pm | Report
Nephthys Egyptian goddess of the night, death, and birth.
Nephthys is designed to be a melee, magical support.

Passive: Nursing Mother- Every 3rd basic attack is a large 180 cone (like Tyr's 2), allies in the area are healed for 35 (+35% of the damage dealt) and their mana is healed by 15. This means that she can heal with he basics, but hitting enemies with them also in creases the heal.

1: Darkness' Embrace- Nephthys shrouds her allies in darkness. Selects an area, similar to Hel's Cleanse/Hinder.
Invisible for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds
Speed boost: 20% lasts for 4 seconds.

2: Grow up- Nephthy's helps her allies grow, while horribly aging her enemies. Similar to Hel's Repulse/Inspire, though slightly smaller.

Allies:
-Gain slowly in increasing attack speed 10/15/20/25/30% attack speed. Last for 5 seconds. Takes 4 second to get to max bonuses, but lasts like the for 2 seconds.
-And they gain 5/10/15/20/25 HP5 during that time.

Enemies:
-Slows them by 10/15/20/25/30% gradually moving slower, like with Accelerate and the speed boost.
-Cripples the enemy for the first 2 seconds.

3: Flesh Bite- In a large cone Nephthy's bites down on everything. Dealing 120/160/200/240/280 (+50% magical power) while healing for 25% of the total damage dealt. Also, it lowers the healing of the enemies by 25% for 3 seconds.

4: Re-birth- Shot out on a line, Nephthys selects the ally god with the lowest percentage of health. (If no god is in the line, it selects herself). The selected target than comes from the after life briefly.

While they are alive they gain 15 HP5, and 10/15/20/25/30 magical and physical protections. When they die they come back to life for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds. With full health, and with 35% CC reduction.

Notes: the reason for this kit is because I really want a support who isn't meant for always heals, if you look at LoL their are different types of supports. There are sustain, poke, and kill, supports. She would be more of the poke lane. The first ability was a given, due to the fact that she is a goddess of night. Her 2 is to help her ally get a kill while making it easier to catch the enemy. The ultimate is to make it so that the ally isn't bursted down, it enables them to still be helpful. And the 3 is just so she herself has some sustain.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 9, 2013 10:31pm | Report
...okay. This goddess has problems. Let me count thy ways.

1. Ineffective Passive: Yeah, I'm sure you can use your freaking basics to heal. This is useless on a mage and using it in combat is suicide.

2. Invisible? This is way too overpowered. Turning your entire team invisible will be impossible to counter or even hit, and this will be the ultimate initiating tool. People will have no choice but to run when faced with this, since for all they know He Bo could be getting into close range, or Ao Kuang could be setting up his ult. NO NO NO!

3. If the ultimate auto-targets, then why the hell do you put a targeting indicator in the first place? And how does it work? If it's in a line, and resurrects gods in that line, and can select which to heal on its own, then it's not a projectile, it's more like an area of effect ability. Yet your description says "shot in a line."

4. The worst part is, the ult only brings them back to life for a few seconds. What, at full health? This ultimate is probably the most useless ever, since when they see you fire the damn thing, the enemy team will simply switch targets, making it completely useless. There is no way you can force the enemy to hit the target, which means they can just run for 4-7 seconds and negate everything.

5. Zilean's passive is like a more sensible version of the ult. You get points for originality, but originality isn't everything you need tied with a pretty ribbon.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 9, 2013 10:46pm | Report
Yeah, I haven't been doing much lately. Because of my ****ed up computer. So I'm really out of Smite. So a lot of things are gonna be weird. I play a lot more Lol now, so I try to use things I find in lol interesting, and add them in Smite. The ult was supposed to be like Yorik's ult, with the revenant and being brought back. That kind of thing. So because of my really off opiniOns and such, I would actually like to remove this from the contest submissions.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 10, 2013 3:19am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Yeah, I haven't been doing much lately. Because of my ****ed up computer. So I'm really out of Smite. So a lot of things are gonna be weird. I play a lot more Lol now, so I try to use things I find in lol interesting, and add them in Smite. The ult was supposed to be like Yorik's ult, with the revenant and being brought back. That kind of thing. So because of my really off opiniOns and such, I would actually like to remove this from the contest submissions.

Take what he's saying with a grain of salt. It seems he isn't quite understanding some of the mechanics of this god.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 10, 2013 3:37am | Report
I actually love it .-.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2013 3:49am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Take what he's saying with a grain of salt. It seems he isn't quite understanding some of the mechanics of this god.

*irritably* It seems that SOME people refuse to elaborate and instead harp on others without publicizing their own opinion.

People who make snarky comments on the sidelines without devoting themselves to a topic are social cowards.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 10, 2013 4:30am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

*irritably* It seems that SOME people refuse to elaborate and instead harp on others without publicizing their own opinion.

People who make snarky comments on the sidelines without devoting themselves to a topic are social cowards.

I refuse to elaborate because sometimes, the reasoning is incredibly obvious. It takes someone truly ignorant to not acknowledge a good attitude to present to other people.

I do not publicize my own opinion, because sometimes I simply don't have one. I either don't possess an adequate amount of knowledge on the topic at hand, or I am simply indifferent and could not care less for the topic, and therefore do not possess an opinion.

I say you come off as an arsehole because you do, simple as that. Being hard-headed and not open to other opinions, mindlessly insulting for no real reason other than to feel superior, arrogance and overall just acting like you're god's gift to mankind and you are perfect makes you come off as an arsehole.

After elaborating on this more, you definitely do remind me of a former member of this site that had a rather... bad departure.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2013 4:46am | Report
Wow. Someone has been holding back a lot of anger. I recommend swimming. It's pretty relaxing, floating on your back, feeling the heat of the sun on your face, the feeling of weightlessness...ah...

Where was I? Ah, you shouldn't judge people's knowledge of something fro, their attitude. Isn't that rather condemning and...hasty?

If you are saying that my analysis of this god is faulty, you should explain why, or offer your own opinion on some part.

You should not state that another's point is faulty without even understanding the topic. After all, we are all just men, walking along a sea of undefined points, bound by the chains of maybe...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 10, 2013 4:52am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wow. Someone has been holding back a lot of anger. I recommend swimming. It's pretty relaxing, floating on your back, feeling the heat of the sun on your face, the feeling of weightlessness...ah...

Where was I? Ah, you shouldn't judge people's knowledge of something fro, their attitude. Isn't that rather condemning and...hasty?

If you are saying that my analysis of this god is faulty, you should explain why, or offer your own opinion on some part.

You should not state that another's point is faulty without even understanding the topic. After all, we are all just men, walking along a sea of undefined points, bound by the chains of maybe...

Quite frankly, I'm actually too lazy, but I'll try.

Think about this, you revive your ADC for another 7 seconds in a teamfight. If they do not focus the ghost, they get pummeled with ADC basic attacks and take a lot more DPS, if they do focus the ghost, they're focusing a character that gives no reward once you kill it. Isn't that pretty good?

Early game, yeah, they could definitely run away from the ghost, but in a teamfight, that's another story.

I still think this god needs some hard cc so there is some revenge killing potential for your ally, if by chance they do not have hard cc.

Also, the ultimate shouldn't scale. 3 seconds is actually worthless. Just keep it at 7, or 6 if you think that's too high.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 10, 2013 5:44am | Report
ok, I'll talk about this before it escalates: I pretty muich agree with Sub, except for the ulti, with which I agree with buddha. The passive is ok, but I actually thinks it's a bit OP,The 1 is just silly because suddenly invisible chronos, zues, ect. The 2 is ok I guess? it could work, but again chronos is suddenly crazy, as is loki, the 3 I think just does too much, maybe look to Sobek's 3 for scaling? And the ulti I think works quite well, but you didn't explain it well, because when I read it I thoguht it would only bring them back to life for a few seconds, instead of bringing them back if thier killed within a few seconds.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }