Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMDEC13] Mist: Valkyrie of Snow

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMDEC13] Mist: Valkyrie of Snow 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 4:57am | Report
Mist is a Valkyrie that appears, to put it simply, in a list of names in the Poetic Edda. That's it. But that gives me plenty of freedom in design, so let's roll with it.

Role: Mist is a physical melee support with high mobility. She can zone her enemies with her Cloak of Mist and use her slows to kite and harass the enemy. She also has passive damage reduction, which is nice.

Passive: Like the Mist:
Whenever Mist is hit, she gains 5% movement speed and 2% damage reduction for 5 seconds, up to five stacks.

1: Ethereal Wings:
Mist dashes forward, and if she collides with an enemy, she deals 60/110/160/210/260 damage (+50% of your physical power) and stuns the target for 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1.0 seconds, and the target gains Frost..

If the target already has Frost, then they are stunned for double the duration.

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

2: Cloak of Mist:
Mist creates a 20-foot radius cloud of, well, mist, and only she is stealthed while in this mist and grants bonus protections to her allies and herself inside the mist. Attacking or using an ability reveals her for 0.5 seconds. Mist also gains 20% bonus movement speed while in the mist.

Bonus Protections: 20/30/40/50/60 Mist Lifetime: 8 seconds Cooldown: 18 seconds

3: Frost Slash:
Mist's basic attacks now slow the enemy by 15/20/25/30/35% and deal damage in a small AoE. Each attack costs mana.

Buff Duration: Toggle Cooldown: 1 second

Ultimate: Fog of War:
Mist summons the fog of war, obscuring a 35-foot radius circle. Mist is stealthed while inside the fog, and enemies inside cannot see outside of the circle, lose map and ally vision, and are slowed by 25/30/35/40/45%.

Duration: 5 seconds Cooldown: 90 seconds

Strengths: High mobility, good CC, team-oriented ultimate.

Weaknesses: Lacks burst, **** waveclear, stun is difficult to set up, stuck at melee range.

In other words, as a physical support, she'd do well with a magical carry who could waveclear for her. Design!

Old Kit

So...what do you think?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 28, 2013 6:08am | Report
As for her passive, I think that 5% movement speed/stack while max 5 stacks is a little too muc plus you forgot duraiton (not that it's that critical, just FYI).
I'd recommend a 3% movement speed buff and 1.20% damage reduciton for 1 second (max 5 stacks, duration stacks as well).

1: Ethreal Wings: no problem here

2: Cloak of Mist: The duration is a little bit too much, i mean Loki has his Vanish only for 3 seconds and we all know it's one of the cheapest skills in the game. Not that you gain all of the perks from vanish with your cloak of mist idea, it's just that, well, it applies for both Loki's Vanish and your idea; The fact that you are invisible to enemies is on it's own one of the deadliest abilities in this game. To add protections and make it 8 seconds for you and your allies? that's a little bit too much. The element of surprise is super powerful, do not overpoewr it. I'd recommend making it a 4 seconds duration at most, for you and your allies, where as if an ally attacked or used an ability, they are revealed and cannot get back into the mist. I don't know how big is a 20-feet radius in the game, so I can't give you any feedback/opinions ( Hades's Pillar of Agony has a radius of 30 in the game, did you mena anything like that but 20?)

3: Frost Slash: Since she is a physical character (I'd assume you mean a Warrior because Assasins are never support and she's a melee), granting her 15% slow upon mele attack is too much IMO. It makes Frostbound Hammer useless for her, or just make it insane when you stack it. I'd suggest lowering it to around 10%. With the rest I have no complain.

4: Fog of War: All and all it seems nice, but it kinda reminds me Darkest of Nights. I mean, they are both global, both reduce enemy vision, I'm pretty sure that Xbalanque's ult remves map vision for the enemies. Additionally 50% global slow for all enemies for 4 seconds is quite a lot. Just think of teamfights and arena. I get your idea, but there are some untouched parts. Is she able to attack during her stealh? Will it reveal her?

An alternative could be that Mist calls in a fog around her to make her invisible, but the enemies can see the fog (fog's radius is about the radius of Lightning Storm. When she attacks, she is revealed in the fog and unrevealed for 2/1.75/1.5/1.25/1 seconds after attacking. While in the fog she gains movement, immune to cc and her basic attack become ranged.
I'm not saying pick this idea, it's just an alternatice that came out of my head when I wrote this comment.
You are allowed not to listen to me, it's just my opinion.
Apart from everything I said, and sorry if it was too much, it really all seems nice and neat.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 6:57am | Report
You missed quite a bit in your assessment. The buff from her passive lasts 5 seconds.

The main drawback of her passive is the fact that she cannot control it. Bakasura could instagib a nearby minion for a free 10$ boost to movement and attack speed, while Mist requires herself to be hit five times for maximum effect. A fed carry can kill her with three crits. A mage could potentially do it in one. If the damage reduction wasn't as high as it is, it would be a useless passive, since attempting to proc it will be suicide, and buying protections will limit your damage, as intended. I wanted a way to make players avoid becoming an assassin.

Cloak of Mist DOES NOT MOVE. It's an area effect, which means anyone could simply avoid the big circle of mist or use a wide ability. It's hard to sneak up on people when enemies know where you are, not to mention that it gives protections, not physical power.

Honestly, I'm curious. How on earth can you think you can sneak up on people with this ability?

About Frost Slash: 15% slows aren't OP when you have to get into melee range to use it, and when it doesn't deal much damage, and you can't spam because one miss will ruin your combo. You might as well say Ymir's Glacial Strike is OP, since it deals damage, has range, and slows 35% immediately. Or Freya. Freya with Gem of Binding.

Don't worry about Frostbound, as getting it will pretty much ruin your damage. Yeah, in theory it sounds OP, but in theory Artemis will be unstoppable with Frostbound Hammer and Hastened Fatalis, but it doesn't work that way. I've tried.

Fog of War does let her attack.

Don't worry, it certainly is not too much. I like it when people give lots of constructive criticism like you have.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 28, 2013 10:46am | Report
Sorry, I misunderstood Cloak of Mist. I guess I can say it was vaguely written. Just kidding.
Now that I think about the passive, I agree with you. Good arguement. Likewise about Frost Slash.
As for Fog of War, I still think it's too similar to Darkest of Nights.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 28, 2013 10:47am | Report
Just to clear things up, her allies are not invisible while in the mist? Cause otherwise that is so overpowered.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 7:24pm | Report
Er, no, they are not stealthed while in the mist. Only Mist is.

And I need to think of alternate ult ideas, it seems. I need to think about this for a while.

Also, Mist deals and takes 1 more damage to any god related to fire. Just a little thing for flavor.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 29, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Alt Fog of War: Similar to original, but in a huge radius circle, kind of like Isis' circle of protection. Maybe up the slow since it really doesn't do much otherwise. 90 CD.

Alt Diamond Dust: A self-buff damage effect. All enemies within 20 feet take 40/50/60/70/80 damage per second (+20% of your physical power) and receive a stack of Frost per hit. 90 CD.

Alt Freezing Mist: Mist channels for 1 second before freezing ...?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 30, 2013 3:38am | Report
How about an ult where she applies, like you said, an isis-like-ult-size mist, in which enemies are slowed and have their protections reduced, their vision obstructed and every time they get hit by you they gain a stack of frost

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 30, 2013 2:15pm | Report
I reworked her kit slightly, but I'm not sure if it's better.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 30, 2013 10:02pm | Report
She lacks wave clear and burst, her only damaging ability is her dash, Ethereal Wings and while I know that you put it in your cons that she has no burst nor wave-clear, she has to have some, otherwise she would have almost no place in conquest like Ares doesn't.
I'd suggest making Frost Slash do (x amount of damage) + an escalating % of increased damage for the slows debuffs on the target and the slows could come from any source, so you could stack it with Frostbound Hammer. That way it also synergies well with her Ultimate, Fog of War.
You can also implement a healing reduction debuff in either your Frost Slash or Fog of War, or consider a healing increasing buff for your allies in Cloak of Mist or Fog of War.
Additionally I think that Frost Slash, like Xbalanque's Branching Bola should have a mana cost for each strike. Not much, I'm talking about 3/6/9/12/15, or something like that, but still.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }