Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Polynomicon Fix/Branch Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Polynomicon Fix/Branch Idea 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 17, 2014 6:58pm | Report
Basically, a change to the passive.

Mononomicon:
After using an ability, your next basic attack (not basic attack hit) deals 10 x your level + 50% of your magical power as bonus damage.

Reasoning: Still gives burst, but it's a less attractive option for mages like Ao Kuang or He Bo, so they don't twoshot a hunter with squall + basic. Also named Mono-nomicon since it affects only a single target.

Polynomicon: After using an ability, your basic attacks deal 25% of your magical power as additional damage. This effect lasts 4 seconds, and can only be activated once every 8 seconds.

Reasoning: Better for sustained dmaage mages or those who want to be.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 20, 2014 3:19pm | Report
Bump?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 21, 2014 5:26am | Report
So, to put it a little bit in perspective. Mononomicon (pain to write) is more or less a nerfed current Polynomicon. Changes are the lower damage and the fact that it's a skillshot now.

Polynomicon2 is basically a buffed Polynomicon for auto attack gods like Chronos and Freya.

That is, if I understand correctly.

I like Mononomicon, I'm always in favor of having a little higher skill roof when possible, but that's biased me speaking. Especially for gods like Ao Kuang a little nerf on Polynomicon wouldn't be too out of place.

Polynomicon2 sounds like it'd make people whine even more about gods like Chronos and Freya though. Considering 4 seconds 25% quickly becomes far more damaging than 1 100% + base. I wouldn't know what to change about it though.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 21, 2014 2:58pm | Report
Well, even if it is technically more damage depending on attack speed, I would still prefer this since it reduces the amount of burst a sustained damage mage would have.

Edit: added timer/CD effect to Poly2.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 24, 2014 3:38am | Report
I do like the idea. Nerf poly a bit and it give's a possible better option, hirez tho? They will make a hydra's dimize version and leave poly exactly the same.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 24, 2014 5:11am | Report
I don't think it's necessary. Polynomicon has already been nerfed by having it's activation ability reduced to every 4 seconds, which, for many mages, means it can only be used once per skill rotation. I don't think it requires another nerf. The possible branch, however, is interesting, with a bonus to MP contribution for not one auto attack, but a set time.

BTW, instead of going for the cheesy poly/mono, you could name the other one Necronomicon, which is an actual thing.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 5:20am | Report
Poly's problem is when gods like Hel with already high burst get even more burst that they don't need, and it spiraling out of control once you get some big magical power. It becomes utterly ridiculous - Agni stuns you with his ultimate before whacking you once, and are basically hit by a free spell.

At the very least, it needs to reward skillshots and punish spamming, so I think at least making it trigger on the first basic is a good idea.

PS: This is nothing to do with the dead...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 24, 2014 8:43am | Report
Well polynomicon doesn't have anything to do with poly either, but they still named it that. In a simple way, nomicon is a grimoire, a textbook of magic. Necro is not about reanimation or necromancy, it has to do with the manipulation of death or destruction. In this sense, Necronomicon is simply a book dealing with destructive magic. Also, the poly- and mono- don't allude to who it affects, but rather the magic contained within the book.

In any case, I think this will remove Chronos's viability, but balance mages like Zeus. It would have balanced pre-nerf Freya, but I think it ruins her ability to burst at all now. The *new* polynomicon isn't bad, but it's a pale comparison to the old version, as 4 seconds at 25% means you'd have to land one basic attack every second to simply equal the old Polynomicon, but on an 8 second CD instead of a 4 second one, and you must land effectively every attack.

IDK, I'd have to crunch numbers, but I feel like 200+50% is not anywhere close to the 100% it currently provides, which can ruin some mages who NEED it in their build.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Here's an interesting arguement: What if Mono/Poly/Necro/Single-Basic-Thing-nomicon simply gave additional damage equal to double or triple or even quadruple your current basic attack damage?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 25, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Wats the utility of Ma'at's Tome?
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }