Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Pika] Bellona, Goddess of War (Roman Tank-Support)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [Pika] Bellona, Goddess of War (Roman Tank-Support) 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 25, 2014 6:08pm | Report
Verdict: Very unique, I can see the style of someone who really liked Nu wa.

Passive: Eh, flat buff passives are boring, but that sounds decent. I'd lower the number for friendly gods, however, as a flat 15% AS buff to everyone on her team can be absolutely ridiculous, especially if the mid lane mage is someone like Zeus or Chronos.

1st: Dunno, seems a bit overpowered in laning phase. 6 Minions per wave doing extra damage will hard shove a wave, and that's just promoting the heavy pushing, non-tactical playstyle that exists in smite at the moment. I guess it wouldn't be maxed first, but if it was, it'd be impossible to stop. You're talking about 300 damage at max rank per second.

2nd: Does this go through minions or is the first hit? If it's the first hit, the CC is fine, as long as the dash isn't too long and makes her impossible to kill. If it's through minions as well, there needs to be some way to make this not so guaranteed. There's little counterplay to it if she can hit you through minions (while sobek cannot. Athena can but it's much weaker than this ability) AND while CC'd.

3rd: I just noticed, she a physical? This ability might end up ridiculous if they build AD...but ok...it's decent in theory though. I'd have to imagine in my head how the numbers work out but it's a straightforward melee ability (based on the word stabs, not launches or chucks), so it sounds ok.

Ultimate: I find this a bit too overpowered. Having all of her health and half her protections can easily end up just having a wall of unkillable tanks that block basically everything an enemy ADC does for 10 seconds. Like, that can easily create a 4000 x 9 health wall with enough protections to take several seconds each to kill, effectively establishing a 10 second positional CC. It's like a Ring of Spears, except allies CAN shoot through it, enemies can't. I'm not sure if the radius is big enough to hide allies inside, but if they can hide inside and not just behind, it sounds pretty ridiculous. If they're packed tightly enough together, it almost literally becomes ring of spears, with the only exception that you can dash through it as well as jump over it. Combined with her dash ability, useable under CC, she can dash on top of enemies and surround them in unkillable legionnaires while the ally ADC rots through opponents and the enemy can do nothing about it. I don't know exactly what I'd change, as it is the ultimate and shouldn't be underwhelming, but in theory, this sounds incredibly broken, especially if combat blink is purchased.

All in all, despite the god being must-ban and nerf material, the actual concept of it is very solid and very unique, so I still love it. I wouldn't ever let this god be chosen in ranked, but it'd be fun to play, mostly because no one can do anything against it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2014 6:50pm | Report
Thanks for the detailed feedback.

1: It is supposed to be maxed first. And you make a good point about the damage...hmm...here's an idea: damage bonus is halved for minions. Boom. That should solve it. Also, keep in mind that the minions will still be squishnuggets.

2: It goes through minions, but the dash length is roughly as wide as Art's 3, and about half as long as Sobek's or Athena's dashes. If you're going to start a fight, it'll be very telegraphed. It's really meant to stun the enemy damage dealer after Ymir or Nemesis or something initiates onto you.

Okay, there's little counterplay, but it's still a tiny dash that only stuns for a second. Combined with the amount of leaps in the game, and it should be fine. (Might create some interesting interactions with certain moves though.)

3: Yeah, a physical. I don't think 50% AD ratio is that bad, considering how poopy Suppress The Insolent is late game.

4: Okay, then a minion spawn radius of 30 feet should be good. That's the same size as Lawbringer, and there is no way that nine minions could bodyblock that big of a circle.

You might have a point about the minions. I'm pretty sure that the ratios are the same as Wukong's, so yeah. Would 50% of health work?

About trapping: I'm not quite sure if that's possible, not only because everyone has an escape now, but also because Bellona doesn't really have anything to hold someone in place besides her two. It's not like cat call, which slows them so the cats can go ham. And since the minions won't go beyond a certain radius, and Bellona is fairly immobile herself, it's hard to make them chase a target.

Thanks for the review/assessment/verdict!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2014 6:55pm | Report
I was worried about a mage instantly killing all of her minions and making her ult useless, so I made the spawned legionaires take 30% less damage from AoE abilities.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 25, 2014 8:12pm | Report
I like it. Mana costs though?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2014 10:25pm | Report
Ah. Well, I need to work on the base stats.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » June 27, 2014 1:38am | Report
So she is a warrior.

The lead the way: CC 35 dash is OP, with the CC immunity makes it an escape even while crippled. They removed the CC immunity from Agni's dash because he could escape any situation.
Also combined with the knock-ups and stun.
So try to balance that.
I think you'll either need to reduce the dash or transfer her cc immunity to something else.
I was thinking maybe by clicking your ultimate, while active, again you sacrifice two minions or one, to get a 1 second CC immunity.
Also lower the health of the legionnaires. And maybe let the protections depend on their numbers, like a shieldwall legionnaires do, instead of the AE damage reduction.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 27, 2014 10:47am | Report
Thanks for the feedback.

Lead the Way is like that as a way to counter the buttload of CC in this game, and unlike Agni's, you can't use it to avoid CC; you can only break through it. Not to mention Agni is a mage while Bellona is intended to be a tank.

Her CC: Not a knock up, a knock back. And really, a knock back and a stun is no where nearly excessive compared to Ymir's wall, two slows, and 2.25 sec AoE stun, or Geb's knockup, CC cleansing, and massive AoE initiation stun of death, or Khumba's ****ing 3 sec Mez of forever and his insane ultimate, etc.

Again, it's not CC immunity, and reduce the dash further? It's already slightly longer than Warrior's Will, and that's already a pretty short dash.

Sacrifice for CC immunity is just too gimmicky, not to mention not very effective.

Also, I have no clue what your last statement means. Protection depends on their numbers like Shield Wall legionaires?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » June 27, 2014 3:03pm | Report
Not sure if this would work, but could the minions from the ult spawn in a semi circle. Fairly wide with literally the minimum space for a god to walk through them. 9 of them would still body block for you, but not be a oh **** I can't do anything for 10 seconds. Also, a burst mage wouldn't be able to just be like hahaha insta **** your ultimate.

Not sure if that's a solution, but I just thought it might work.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 27, 2014 3:58pm | Report
Um...they already spawn in a circle, and there should already be enough space to prevent the ring-of-spears effect.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » June 28, 2014 1:24am | Report
Ulti is way too good. 100% of her health? Build all the health items! It makes a little army of unkillable romans. I think 50% health would be a little too much as well, maybe like 30%. Either that or just have them have a set health so they aren't unkillable toga partiers but regular mortal toga partiers. Otherwise, seems good. The 1 seems a little cray cray, but pretty much all characters get nerfed after release so I wouldn't get too worried about it. But yeah, her ulti's tll much.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }