Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Pika] Bellona, Goddess of War (Roman Tank-Support)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [Pika] Bellona, Goddess of War (Roman Tank-Support) 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 21, 2014 9:05am | Report
Bellona, Roman Goddess of War (physical tank-support)

For some insane reason, I can't find a picture of Bellona that cuts it. Sorry :(

Passive: Inspiring Presence:
Allied units within 55 feet of Bellona gain 15% attack speed.

1: Legion's Call:
Bellona buffs her nearby allied units, causing them to deal 10/20/30/40/50 additional damage with each basic attack and gain 15% increased movement speed. This damage is halved for minions.

Duration: 5 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds

2: Lead the Way:
Bellona dashes toward an enemy target, knocking aside all enemies in her path, and stunning the target for 1 second if contact is made. If the target is hit, Bellona gains a protections buff for 5 seconds. This ability can be used even when under the effects of crowd control.

Dash Length: 35 feet
Protections: 20/25/30/35/40
Cooldown: 14 seconds

3: Sentinel Strike:
Bellona stabs an enemy with her giant flaming spear, knocking them back and dealing 90/150/210/270/330 damage (+50% of your physical power).

Cooldown: 7 seconds

4: Might of the Legion:
Bellona summons a group of 5/6/7/8/9 legionaries to fight with her. Said Legionaires have 50% of Bellona's maximum health and 50% of her protections. Legionaires group and spawn in a 30-foot radius circle around Bellona and will attack nearby enemies and structures, but will not go beyond 55 feet of Bellona. The minions also have 30% damage reduction from AoE abilities.

Damage: 17/24/31/38/45 damage (+5% of your physical power)
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 110/105/100/95/90 seconds

Now, how does this all tie in together? Well, the idea is a damage-based support done right.

Firstly, you just being there increases your lane presence. Your ADC and your minions both appreciate getting an attack speed and damage increase, and this will make sure that your enemies can NOT afford to leave you alone in a lane. Bellona's passive combined with her Legion's Call means that any structures will take a lot of damage if a full wave reaches it. Sentinel Strike offers decent peeling and Lead the Way helps both start fights and retaliate against an enemy initiation, however, both are limited by their single-target status.

Bellona's ultimate is a redesigned version of Lurking In The Waters or Shards of Ice; a massive damage-based zoning tool. Unlike cat call, this ability does not secure kills or help chase, and instead focused around defending and bodyblocking. In lane, this will deter enemies simply out of the massive damage it deals, and in a teamfight, having a small army of fairly tanky bodyblockers can help a great deal.

In a teamfight, Bellona can initiate with Lead the Way or set up kills via flanking with Sentinel Strike, but mainly occupies a defensive role, passively supporting allies with Legion's Call and peeling as needed. Due to her lack of a true escape, Bellona lives and dies with her team.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » June 21, 2014 9:17am | Report
For The 2 Lead The Way, how does the targeting work? Is it like Nemesis' ultimate?

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 21, 2014 9:22am | Report
Yeah. Or like Brutalize.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bergmeister » June 21, 2014 12:17pm | Report
I love the ultimate. I had an idea just like it but never incorporated it into any of my ideas.

Bergmeister

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 24, 2014 6:30pm | Report
Bump.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » June 24, 2014 6:42pm | Report
With full cdr. That first ability would be active almost nonstop. Ughhh. That's dirty.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » June 25, 2014 2:54pm | Report
This is how i expected Athena to be

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2014 3:08pm | Report
Funnily enough, both are gods of war.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Frost22 » June 25, 2014 5:16pm | Report
Sub, I suggest that you lower the number of legionnaires on her ultimate. Currently, Bellona would be able to surpass the damage of either Shards of Ice or Lurking In The Waters if all of her legionnaires hit the same target two times. In most team fights, this would be an unlikely occurrence, but people will inevitably build her add an assassin or what not it they see an opportunity like this.

Frost22

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2014 5:42pm | Report
I don't want to lower the number, as they're too important for bodyblocking and such, but I'll lower their base damage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }