Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nuba, Chinese Deity of Droughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Nuba, Chinese Deity of Droughts 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 2, 2014 4:42am | Report
To actually add to the conversation:
No she's not.
Does ***bha have health reduction?
Does ***bha have attack spped reduction?
Does ***ba have 2 slows?
That's right. No.
He compared her to ***bha since you called her a ***bha mage.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 2, 2014 4:47am | Report
Guys, stop this, i'm not sending prizes until this stops

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 2, 2014 6:06am | Report

Penta stay out of this kid.

So wait, she is a ***ba copy? That's nice

Jordan do you feel good about winning with so little effort?

Do you understand my pain when I have lore,stats, and bonus info. A lot of other guys also have all of this...
And you JUST put abilities in and win?

I personally think this is a bit boring

Why are you making this personal? Just.., why??

This is really starting to sound like a "You don't deserve to be king! I deserve to be king!" scene. Not to compare myself to a king or something, it just seems like you really want that 2nd/1st place.

She isn't a copy of ***ba. When you think of ***ba, what comes to mind? Ridiculous lockdown potential and his freaking Yawn/Mesmerize. While I would admit that Nuba also has a decent lockdown potential, I can say the same thing about Artemis. Art can stun/root-cripple someone and lock them down for up to 3.5s. So ***ba is a copy of Artemis?

Nuba's defined features are her global presence and CC/slows. ***ba's defined features? Absurd lockdown potential, Mez, ridiculous baits (with his passive).

I don't see why you refer so much importance to base stats. Honestly, when you see a god and look at them from a macro perspective, does the first thing you think of is "Oh, this god's base stats are incredible and are his defined features and his key element!". No. It's not even the second, third or fourth thing you think of. Base stats aren't really important when you create a good, at least in my opinion. Does it matter if I was to write that she has 470 + 85 health per level or 512 + 80 per level? Does the attack speed of a Guardian that has nothing to do with auto attacks in his kit matter? Is the mana pool of a Guardian really important when you judge whether they are balanced or not?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't put base stats when you create a god, I'm just saying that it's such a minor thing when you create a concept of a god and their kit that it shouldn't really matter as much.

Also, I didn't add lore, because, well, firstly, you can google it, and secondly, because her lore is like literally 2 sentences and you can't really understand a single thing out of it. Are you familiar with Chinese mythology? Did you dig deep into the base of the mythologies of each god concept you read to see if it fits the lore? Would you understand a single word if I told you that Nuba is the daughter of the Yellow Emperor and she had aided him in the Battle at Zhuolu agaisnt Chi Yu? Because unless you are a professor to Chinese Mythology, you, me or anybody else for that matter would need about 10-15 minutes just to understand who the Yellow Emperor and Chi Yu were

And "JUST putting in abilities" is about 80% of the quality of the god concept. If I told you that her main focus is creating combos with her passive and that she has global presence with her ultimate, would that be new? Would you not understand that from just reading the whole kit?

Would it really matter if I wrote that her auto attacks' visual effects would be that she throws little dust spheres?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't write all those thing - the more the merrier, but it shouldn't shift you from the main focus, which is her kit.

And why do you have pain about not getting 2nd/1st place in a competition? It's a freaking competition. And, with all do respect, you are not the judge. And no, I don't know Pika personally, and no, apart from playing a forum game which I can't even remember its name, and it happened about two months ago, I never really talked to him.

I didn't decide who won, don't blame it on me. I only did my god concept because I got bored and had nothing to do and SMITE's servers happened to be offline. Oh, and "Do I feel good about winning with so little effort?" This sentence is more condescending than me. I'm certainly not sad that I took 2nd place, but I'm not thrilled about it either and I didn't jump when I saw that.

So, please, if you just can, stop making this so personal. I did nothing to offend you.
Don't you talk to my PENTA like this! ;)

And it's Jorden.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by InfinityPvP » July 2, 2014 7:13am | Report
Fatality just to be clear I am not a close friend to Jorden but from reading the actual thread about you and your friends *****ing because you thought this idea sucked. Just deal with the fact that you and your idea lost to this brilliant idea. To also add your idea was a complete rip off of mine. So please go; Get. ****. Up. The. Mouth. With. A. Cactus.
IGN: FieryTempest
Favorite Gods: Geb Sun Wukong
Favorite Role: Support and Solo
My Anime List

InfinityPvP

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 2, 2014 7:28am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Guys, stop this, i'm not sending prizes until this stops

Ok so let's stop, otherwise I'll feel bad for Jorden <3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by InfinityPvP » July 2, 2014 7:48am | Report
Aight, Jorden get your prize
IGN: FieryTempest
Favorite Gods: Geb Sun Wukong
Favorite Role: Support and Solo
My Anime List

InfinityPvP

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 2, 2014 10:54am | Report
I won't stop unless he doesn't reply. I'm trying to make a point based on a value, which is more important to me than a few gems.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 2, 2014 11:08am | Report
Ok , ok

This morning was a pretty **** morning for me irl. I was in a lot of physical pain and used smitefire as an outlet.

Infinity I don't see how I ripped you off though

Sorry for mocking this idea, I personally feel it is incomplete but that is no reason for me to mock you.

Also to Aph sorry bro, you could have stopped this all if you just said "Ok let's wait for someone to give a 2nd opinion" but you didn't and that is understandable.

I am not responsible for my friends' actions, understand this.
Also understand that I am not upset about not winning, I just grabbed the closest object which was this thread, noticed it didn't have half the stuff all the other posts have and started flaming.

If the judge thinks this is a winning idea I can respect that. Opinions differ.
So let me do an honest evaluation of this idea:

Passive: Seems like it could be very annoying, I would shoot it down if it didn't synergise so well with the rest of the kit.

Ability 1: Works well with passive, a needed waveclear/damage to put the kit together.

Ability 2: Ok so escape/initiate, basic stuff but this can make/break the god. Wp

Ability 3: Debuff, again basic stuff but is also very important to any god.

Ulti: Ok I still think this needs scaling, if this were added, you level it once and then you have no need to level it ever again. But apart from bonus info this is the only real problem I could find.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 2, 2014 11:18am | Report
Give them their prizes,

If Aphnex accepts the apology and doesn't take drastic action then hopefully I can submit a better idea next time, and this time I won't use the same deity as someone else, it seems infinity somehow sees resemblence and I am sorry he feels I copied his idea.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 2, 2014 11:35am | Report
I don't understand why you have a problem with the ulti not scaling apart from CDR, which, by the way, it actually scales because of the passive. Since the passive scales for 1% slow per level, the ult also scales, and while it doesn't really scale when you level it, I think it still has the same effect. There are many other ults which have almost zero incentive of leveling the ult. Rewind has purely cooldown scaling. Regurgitate also only scales in slow, and there's no real reason to level it before the other skills. Cocoon is the same as well. Some ults just don't need to be leveled past level 5 before you get to max the rest of your kit.

Honestly, her passive would be the most avoidable thing I could ever think of. I don't know if you thought about it, but of course it'll be visually different from the ground so that players could see it. And the trail's width is so narrow that even in the jungle it's coutnerable. You can sprint, winged blade, jump over it. And even so, it's a 25% slow. Just for an example, Ah Muzen Cab's Honey lasts 4 seconds, and he can cast it on wherever he wants in which way and shape that he wants. And it has a 10s cooldown and the slow is 5/10/15/20/25.

Also, why would you want to chase a tank so bad? She's a guardian, chasing her shouldn't be your concern. I can assure you that Geb, with his CC cleanse and HP bonus from his earth shield and his Roll Out on top of his other CC is more annoying and hard to catch/chase. Don't worry, she won't be "can't-catch-me-unbeatable-Sun-Wukong-2.0".

What do you mean by her 2 being able to make/break the god. And what does Wp stand for? (as far as I know it's well played :P). It's her only real hard CC and her only peel, and it's single target. I don't consider root a hard CC because it isn't. And this dash is like Sobek's, in the sense that it could be body blocked by both enemies and minions.

What bonus info would you had liked me to add?

"Okay, she's a guardian with global presence and good single target peel. She heavily relies on her Trail of Drought to grant additional effects to her other abilities and to make them more useful.

Her 'bread and butter' combo is initiating with Dust Storm, banish them, then walk below the banished enemy, cast Famine and then cast Heat Wave to lock down her enemies.

Her ultimate, on the other hand, is very situational, and synergizes well with auto attack based god and carries, like bakasrua, Artemis, Kali and Mercury."

Do you really think that the little paragraph I just wrote is meaningful and helpful to understand the god's concept? It's all freaking obvious. Do you think that this paragraph is what separates a god idea from being good to bad?

I just don't seem to understand your over-emphasis and what seems to be a slight obsession to the bonus info. I'ts BONUS INFO. Bonus. Meaning it's additional, but not mandatory, nor is it the core, main part or essence of the god idea.

Let me put it this way. If you read a guide which has great content, of Pros & Cons, Items explanations, great skill explanations, good build and good team fight / gameplay sections, as opposed to a guide with mediocre Pros & Cons, mediocre build, item and skills explanations and average team fight / gameplay sections, but, it also has a god match ups section, as opposed to the first guide - Would you choose the latter guide to be the better guide, or the former guide?

I know for sure that I'll choose the former guide. God match ups section is a bonus section and is just a nice addition to a guide, but if the core of the guide isn't quite good, than it isn't as worth it.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }