Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Physical Items for inhanders (crit alternatives)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » New Physical Items for inhanders (crit alternatives) 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » April 21, 2015 11:11am | Report
So in season 2 for hunters it's pretty much if you don't build crit you are just plain wrong with no variation, so I have come up with some item ideas to overcome the must have rage and DB.

My first idea is the Gorgons blood quiver. In Greek mythology gorgon blood did one of two things from one half of its body it could heal any wound and was said to even be able to raise the dead, from the other side it was an incurable toxin that would eat away at you from the inside. The reason I explained this was so that it would make more sense as to why the item behaves the way it does.
Branches off from short sword with a tier 2 giving 20 pen 10% attack speed costing 1500 gold total
Cost 2550 gold total
20 physical penetration
30% attack speed
Passive: alternating effects on the first hit applies a 2 second Dot effect that deals 500% of your physical penetration as Physical damage over the 2 secs stacks twice. Second hit gives you a healing over time effect of 75% of your physical power over 10 secs stacks thrice.
Explanation: this item is an item that gives attack speed and pen however it gives no power meaning it cant be rushed early for damage as healing and dot will give nothing meaning this item is more of a mid to lategame item that synergizes particularly well with Apollo as his passive would max stack its both effects.

My second Idea Club of Bhima
Cost 2900 gold
30 physical power
19 physical penetration
passive: for every kill you receive a permanant stack giving 5 physical power and deal 0.5% of enemy god hp (proc on basic attack) max 8 stacks
The thought behind this item was to synergize really well with the item above as both give what the other needs It adds up to a huge amount of physical power with decent pen but doesnt give the attack speed to assist with true damage procs that the quiver would.

I will come up with more items of the same nature over the next while... If anyone at hi-rez reads these please hear my plea for an alternative to the crits as I want more build options for counterbuilding as an adc that doesn't harm my damage and I am sure I am not the only one.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 21, 2015 1:54pm | Report
75% of your physical power every second hit, 75% healing from physical power ever second hit along with 20 pen and 30% attack speed seems crazy strong for an item costing 2400 (this is essentially Asi, but with a much stronger passive, more pen and 600g increase), I could be wrong about that because I haven't actually calculated anything but I think that should be scaled down quite a bit, or made more expensive.

Also, club of Bhima's 40 true damage at max stacks just seems a bit overkill, even for an ADC late game, but again I'm not calculating the numbers so I could be wrong.

Overall though, I don't see these items replacing crit builds, if anything Gorgon's Blood Quiver would be an alternative to Ichaival / Asi and Club of Bhima would see a lot more use on Warriors and Assassins that want the true damage late game.

An interesting article on this that I found was here. It discusses how Smite's Season 2 hunter builds are very limited and what can be done to fix them. I wish Hi Rez would take some of its advice, I want to make more hunter guides but my builds would always be the same QQ
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » April 22, 2015 2:05pm | Report
I reworked the Items a bit and and even came up with a build.
Charged morningstar healthpot start__Trancendence__AS boots__asi__Club of Bhima__gorgons quiver
With that build Endgame on Ullr (who it works with best) you would have.
2080 health
2080 mana
187 Physical power
2.21 Attack speed (bow Stance)
1.96 Attack speed (axe stance)
49 Physical pen
15% Lifesteal 35% with asi passive (passive Bow stance)
40% Lifesteal 60% with asi passive (Axe stance)

Then the interesting part comes in, each attack will deal 4% of a targets max health as well as an average 123 extra damage. In addition each hit will heal you 140 health.

Where this is balanced out is that at 2.21 attack speed you can and while just over cap max stacks on the damage in Axe stance and will easily overcap the max stacks in Bow stance. The healing is designed to be overcapped So think of it more as a constant 42 health per sec in a teamfight (more if Ullr uses his steroid). end result being a very similar damage out put to a crit build with less possible damage but once again like unicorn build higher survivability.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }