Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hachiman: Japanese God of Samurai! (Warrior)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Hachiman: Japanese God of Samurai! (Warrior) 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2013 12:10pm | Report
Hachiman is the Japanese god of war and archery, and is also the patron of samurai. Also, he's the god of agriculture for some reason.

Passive: Honorbound:
Whenever Hachiman would take damage that would remove than 15% of his maximum health, any more than 15% is halved. This ability does not affect damage from structures.

In addition, Hachiman has a swing chain of x1/x0.5/x0.5/x2, with the last dealing damage in a small AoE.

1: True Shot:
Hachiman switches to his bow for 5 seconds, making his basic attacks ranged, removing the swing chain and dealing 2/3/4/5/6% (+1% of his physical power) of his target's maximum health as additional damage.

There is a visible delay after activation, kinda like Ne Zha's Flaming Spear.

Cooldown: 17 seconds

2: Iaijutsu:
Hachiman becomes untargetable and blinks to an enemy, striking and dealing 40/70/100/130/160 damage (+30% of your physical power). This ability is treated as a basic attack, and can critically hit and apply on-hit effects.

After successfully striking an enemy, Hachiman can cast this ability again for free in the next second, up to three more times. This attack deals 25% less damage for each successive strike on the same target.

This spell can only be used on an enemy; it can't be used on empty space as an escape.

Cooldown: 12 seconds

3: Iron Focus:
Hachiman can activate this ability to break any crowd control effect on himself, removing debilitating effects such as Tornadoes and healing him for 50/90/130/170/210 (+50% of your physical power).

Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds

Ultimate: Challenge:
Hachiman challenges a single god to a duel. Hachiman gains doubled movement speed when walking toward the target of his challenge, and becomes immune to slows, roots, and cripples. The target receives 20/25/30/35/40% increased damage from Hachiman. He also becomes immune to damage from anyone except the target of his challenge, but he also deals 50% less damage against anyone except his chosen target.

If Hachiman successfully slays the chosen enemy, the cooldown is halved.

Duration: 8/9/10/11/12 Cooldown: 90 seconds

Role and Strengths: Hachiman is a warrior-assassin focused on singe-target melee damage, with great chasing ability with his Iaijutsu. His early game is somewhat weak, but he becomes scary late-game with his percentage damage shredding tanks. His ultimate is great for ganking, but can also be used turning around a fight. Also, his ability to break crowd control is very powerful, but must be used carefully.

Weaknesses and Balancing Factors: His reliance on basic attacks make him weak against items like Wall of Absolution or Midgardian Mail. Iron Focus can be wasted by careful distribution of CC, and while his ultimate protects him from slows, roots, and cripples, he is still vulnerable to hard CC. His passive is also useless against smaller chunks of damage, like Qin's Sais, Tornadoes, or bleed effects.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by oDeadeyeo » October 31, 2013 12:35pm | Report
So, based on the passive and ult, I'm guessing you drew some inspiration from Poppy in LoL? This certainly looks like an interesting concept, but 4 gap closers seems like a bit much, especially all on one ability. Of course, that's offset by his lack of cc, so it might be okay. The other main thing is that 12 seconds of invincibility is quite a bit. Maybe tone that down a bit and it looks cool overall.

oDeadeyeo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2013 12:53pm | Report
Yeah, part of it was from Poppy, but I like to think it has an original flavor of it's own. Also, I just played Dual Destinies, and I kinda got samurais stuck in my head.

I hope that those gap closers won't be too overpowered, especially with his ability to ignore CC. Any thoughts on his other abilities?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by oDeadeyeo » October 31, 2013 9:34pm | Report
His 1 seems a bit out of place in that most of his kit is designed to get him close to his enemy, so an ability that makes him ranged seems odd. If you're trying to use the bow to preserve lore you could switch this to some sort of ranged nuke that uses his bow.
His 3 looks solid as a sustain ability and the cc removal is a nice tactical alternative to straight cc immunity.
And yes, samurai ftw!

oDeadeyeo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 1, 2013 1:38am | Report
I must day, I am glad you didn't try to incroporate agriculture into his kit, unlike someone else that I know who would. Yes, I'm looking at you M4XiiMUS.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 1, 2013 7:02am | Report
;~;

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 1, 2013 12:55pm | Report
oDeadeyeo wrote:

His 1 seems a bit out of place in that most of his kit is designed to get him close to his enemy, so an ability that makes him ranged seems odd. If you're trying to use the bow to preserve lore you could switch this to some sort of ranged nuke that uses his bow.
His 3 looks solid as a sustain ability and the cc removal is a nice tactical alternative to straight cc immunity.
And yes, samurai ftw!

Well, I kinda like the idea of being able to change your gameplay style for a few moments, kinda like how a strategist would adjust his tactics. And thematically speaking, this guy was designed to be the anti-nuke.

Now, if someone could create a ninja god, my life would be complete.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 1, 2013 1:06pm | Report
I had an idea for one, although it isn't a god per say, it's Jiraya the ninja master of Frogs.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 1, 2013 1:11pm | Report

I had an idea for one, although it isn't a god per say, it's Jiraya the ninja master of Frogs.

GRENINJA

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 1, 2013 1:46pm | Report
well, I made it forever ago, but yeah

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }