Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[God Suggestion] Yuki-onna - The Winter Siren

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [God Suggestion] Yuki-onna - The Winter Siren 33 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fredathor » April 23, 2014 7:19am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Personally, I'm with Sloogz on this one, mana-burn is an anti-fun, unfair mechanic that is unnecessary and does not add any value to the game at all. Mana-burn has the potential to completely shut down any champion, and I truly believe it is a horrible mechanic that should not be introduced.

Mana-burn is incredibly powerful, yet it does not offer a fun or engaging experience playing against it.

If mana-burn is tacked onto something that is hard to land, what's the point? You've just added a ton of power onto a God that he can't reliably utilise, meaning his overall power is down with no guaranteed benefit.

What I can't agree on is Sloogz opinion on using X values. Personally, I prefer X values to actual values, as it takes the focus away from constant criticism about numbers, and gets people to actually think the concept of the ability and witness its ingenuity.

Do you prefer that I should change the spell into something else?

Fredathor

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 23, 2014 12:21pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

What I can't agree on is Sloogz opinion on using X values. Personally, I prefer X values to actual values, as it takes the focus away from constant criticism about numbers, and gets people to actually think the concept of the ability and witness its ingenuity.

You know what, I'm gonna start using X values once you've said this.
I've really gotten tired of people simply criticizing on numbers and ignoring ingenuity, as you said.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 24, 2014 2:56am | Report
Fredathor wrote:

Do you prefer that I should change the spell into something else?

Do what you want, but I feel like the mana-burn needs to go and some other compensation is required.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }