Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[God Suggestion] Yuki-onna - The Winter Siren

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [God Suggestion] Yuki-onna - The Winter Siren 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fredathor » April 19, 2014 12:45pm | Report

NOTE: This is my very first god suggestion, so please be kind and don't critize me too much! This is just something I would do for fun! :3
I've been struggling for spells and mechanics for a while now and had several different ideas but never ending up with a 100% brilliant suggestion, so I hope this will do. If not, please, come with suggestions and help me improve my thread. I'm more of a visualist and not that good in the theoretical parts. So, if there's something that is under-/overpowered or doesn't make sense at all among the rest, so please, help me out with that :3

Yuki-onna

Lore
Some legends say the Yuki-onna, being associated with winter and snowstorms, is the spirit of someone who perished in the snow. She is at the same time beautiful and serene, yet ruthless in killing unsuspecting mortals. Until the 18th century, she was almost uniformly portrayed as evil. Today, however, stories often color her as more human, emphasizing her ghost-like nature and ephemeral beauty.

Pantheon
Japanese

Types
Magical, Ranged

Role
Mage
Passive: Frost Ward:
When falling below 30% health, Yuki-Onna grants Frost Ward, making her immune to the next harmful spell.
Duration: 5 seconds
Cooldown: 120 seconds
1: Winter's Kiss:
Kissing an enemy reduces its body temperature by encasing it in ice, sending it into a deep sleep for 1 second and takes x/x/x/x/x (+x% of your magical power) damage every 5s for 2s. If the target dies during Winter's Kiss, the effect will spread to nearby enemies.
Mana: 70/90/110/130/150
Cooldown: 10 seconds
2: Drain Soul:
Yuki-Onna drains the soul of an enemy god, stealing 6% of the targets current mana and deals x/x/x/x/x damage.
Mana: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
3: Hearbeats:
Yuki-onna passively steals the heartbeats from her victims, gaining health on each kill. Alternatively, Yuki-onna can use the victims heartbeats against themselves, dealing damage per second, but quickly draining her own mana.
Misc. Info: Toggle to deal x/x/x/x/x (+x% of your magical power) damage per second to nearby enemies
Mana Drain: 20/30/40/50/60 per seconds
4: The Spirit of Winter:
Yuki-onna transforms into pure ice, allowing her to summon an enormous twisting snowstorm. All enemies caught in the storm are slowed over time. For its duration, Yuki-onna becomes one with the snowstorm, allowing her to fly around in the storm, dealing x/x/x/x/x damage to random enemy gods for 3 times. If an enemy god is being hit multiple times, additional damage will be added.
Misc. Info: x/x/x/x/x additional damage if hit more than once
Mana: 110
Cooldown: 85 seconds

Fredathor

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 19, 2014 12:58pm | Report
Her passive shouldn't have RNG. That's a big nono.

We need some actual numbers to know how much damage she does.

She has a really weird 3. Just an MP5 aura? A bit lackluster.

Her 1 is interesting, I feel like you could just last-hit someone with it and have their entire team stunned one by one.

I really don't get the whole "X" damage and such. Numbers are really important.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fredathor » April 19, 2014 1:05pm | Report
the X'es are just filling up the emptiness for the moment, and thanks for feedback, since I've never done this before.
I'll try change the things that wouldn't work

Fredathor

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 19, 2014 2:07pm | Report
Mana drain isn't a mechanic in SMITE for one reason - anti-fun.
Mana = abilities, abilities = fun. Without mana, no fun.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aqueoux » April 19, 2014 4:01pm | Report
Her 2 could be potentially overpowered.

The only issue I have is her 3, it's extremely confusing.

Aqueoux

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 19, 2014 5:09pm | Report
Aqueoux wrote:

Her 2 could be potentially overpowered.

The only issue I have is her 3, it's extremely confusing.

Passively get health on kills-
Activate to gain DoT aura
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » April 19, 2014 5:56pm | Report
wait, wut? No, mana burn is perfectly fine. Just no-one has it. I actually like this, but I think the passive should return assuming low numbers. Maybe it doesn't do damagem and returns the mana to allies in an aoe over time?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » April 19, 2014 6:47pm | Report
Think of Athena. Taunt would be anti-fun, specially because she is the only god with the taunt.

A god with Mana-Burn would be totally fine, specially against heavy mana users like Ao Kuang. It would be certainly a interesting mechanic( Dota 2 has it, so why not Smite?).

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 19, 2014 7:26pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Think of Athena. Taunt would be anti-fun, specially because she is the only god with the taunt.

A god with Mana-Burn would be totally fine, specially against heavy mana users like Ao Kuang. It would be certainly a interesting mechanic( Dota 2 has it, so why not Smite?).

Well, Taunt is just another type of CC. Mana burn literally prevents you from playing the game.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » April 19, 2014 7:34pm | Report
in what way? Mana burn does nothing to stop basic attacks, it just makes mages use pots more. Heck, reducing the ease of certain characters to stay in lane isn't actually a bad thing really!

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }