Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea! Janus, God of change, and doorways. <----(He's Roman!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea! Janus, God of change, and doorways. <----(He's Roman!) 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 19, 2013 2:00pm | Report
I did change the passive though, not sure if you noticed.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 19, 2013 2:07pm | Report
"It already exists in other MOBA:s, and it works very well. Maybe give it a cast time so it isn't THAT powerful. Also, does it count as CC?"

A swap exists. Urgot (League of Legends) suppresses and swaps places with a target.
But this is a unique MOBA in that it is all skill shot, and 3rd person. When you swap with urgot, you can go back to auto attacking by right clicking on somebody. In this, it's all aimed. You swap with a ranged carry, and they will not land a single shot for the debuff period afterwards. Then add in protections afterwards to you, and a dead ranged carry in the middle of your team, and GG.

Say you swap places with an artemis (say her boar either wasn't used or isn't available). She is dead. There is no skill about that, she is now dead in your team. Because not only is she in the middle of 4 people, but she can't move due to the control handicap.

And his 2 being overpowered - I meant that your team can just sit behind you while you're in portal mode. They can't attack you due to the 35% reflection, WHILE you're additionally attacking. This ability, if you can land any sort of skillshot, makes it effectively. 1 versus 1.35.

Your idea to change from physical to magical and back is iffy. It means you will build more or less one set of items and that's it, and then stay in that stance permanently. I suggest everything scales of magical and you can swap from your normal attacks (mage with a staff) to a warrior type (with a polearm - same style as staff so it has continuity) that still scales off magic power. If you do play league of legends, think jayce - he scales off physical despite going between ranged and physical. But this way, there's one set to build, yet both are useful.

As for his 2, I do like the idea of a reflect, just not an exceptional period of time. If you're going to reflect, make it a shield that still makes you take full damage, but acts like a bubble. You can move, but any hit you take is reflected back. But you should be able to be CC'd, and AoE/Non-projectile attacks will hit you. Projectile has not technically been needed to be defined, however, so things like Chronos's Time Stop will not be reflected, nor Apollo's linear attack, but Bastet's Fling would.

This way, people can make the choice to attack you for the still full damage, but have a hard time dodging the attacks.

I like the change idea better though. We have no true hybrid type character that isn't a mashup. I like Jayce from LoL. He's my favorite top lane, and I'd like to see a similar god in here.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 2:40pm | Report
I don't really see how his passive would be useful. If you want to see enemies behind you, why not just turn around for the duration. And you can still see them on your minimap. No, just no. This passive is just useless. Come on Mr. Creative, do something!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 2:55pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

"It already exists in other MOBA:s, and it works very well. Maybe give it a cast time so it isn't THAT powerful. Also, does it count as CC?"

A swap exists. Urgot (League of Legends) suppresses and swaps places with a target.
But this is a unique MOBA in that it is all skill shot, and 3rd person. When you swap with urgot, you can go back to auto attacking by right clicking on somebody. In this, it's all aimed. You swap with a ranged carry, and they will not land a single shot for the debuff period afterwards. Then add in protections afterwards to you, and a dead ranged carry in the middle of your team, and GG.

Say you swap places with an artemis (say her boar either wasn't used or isn't available). She is dead. There is no skill about that, she is now dead in your team. Because not only is she in the middle of 4 people, but she can't move due to the control handicap.

And his 2 being overpowered - I meant that your team can just sit behind you while you're in portal mode. They can't attack you due to the 35% reflection, WHILE you're additionally attacking. This ability, if you can land any sort of skillshot, makes it effectively. 1 versus 1.35.

Your idea to change from physical to magical and back is iffy. It means you will build more or less one set of items and that's it, and then stay in that stance permanently. I suggest everything scales of magical and you can swap from your normal attacks (mage with a staff) to a warrior type (with a polearm - same style as staff so it has continuity) that still scales off magic power. If you do play league of legends, think jayce - he scales off physical despite going between ranged and physical. But this way, there's one set to build, yet both are useful.

As for his 2, I do like the idea of a reflect, just not an exceptional period of time. If you're going to reflect, make it a shield that still makes you take full damage, but acts like a bubble. You can move, but any hit you take is reflected back. But you should be able to be CC'd, and AoE/Non-projectile attacks will hit you. Projectile has not technically been needed to be defined, however, so things like Chronos's Time Stop will not be reflected, nor Apollo's linear attack, but Bastet's Fling would.

This way, people can make the choice to attack you for the still full damage, but have a hard time dodging the attacks.

I like the change idea better though. We have no true hybrid type character that isn't a mashup. I like Jayce from LoL. He's my favorite top lane, and I'd like to see a similar god in here.

If the Ultimate works like Loki's leap just that it switches positions, it is still a skillshot. And, because it is concidered as CC, it can be countered by beads or aegis, just like any other CC ultimate. I think about it as a Ares ultimate that you mave yourself when using, and only works one one target (these are just my thoughts and may not be like the author's thoughts at all). The two I imagned being waaaay more underpowered than you described it, but that may just be 'cause M4XiiMUS haven't written too many details about Janus' abilities, just the main concepts. I didn't think he would be able to move, an I didn't think that he would be able to attack. I thought of it as a toggleable ability. fachinating how two people can have such different thoughts :D. I know Jayce, played him today accually (me as Jace carry bot with Udyr support. Why? Because we're awesome like that!), and I enjoy playing him A LOT. I think that kit would fit Smite really well.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 19, 2013 5:14pm | Report
Well for his 2 he plants himself down, not being able to attack, and I mean it only reflects 35% percent of the damage not an additional 35%. And for his ult, what if it had a targeted system like Neith ult, so people know they are being targeted. and then it has a 2 second charge up? So they could block it?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 19, 2013 6:13pm | Report
You pull a blink with the ultimate. Like you can only switch places with an all in combat or with 25% health. I guess it could work like that.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 19, 2013 6:14pm | Report
I felt agree that the ulti is OP. If you compare it like loki's ult, it doesn't make the enemy get close to your allies. And, if you compare it to ares' ult, he needs to be very close to enemy to pull them. And no way you should make it like Neith, you could target enemies from base and have them in your base XD. This is kinda hard to think actually. I don't actually really see this ult match a tank. In my opinion, tank should be a large area ult and make enemy have problems. If you still want this skill, you should make a delay on it and not as far as loki's ult, i left you to think about it.

I actually don't feel bad about the 2 but i like the idea of changing mellee to range (although i don't really know how to use Jayce (tried it a week ago and fail) but i like it)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 19, 2013 6:47pm | Report
Well I meant with the Neith ult, that they can see if their targeted. Not that it is a global ult. What if it was only for allies? So it could support them.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 11:04pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well for his 2 he plants himself down, not being able to attack, and I mean it only reflects 35% percent of the damage not an additional 35%. And for his ult, what if it had a targeted system like Neith ult, so people know they are being targeted. and then it has a 2 second charge up? So they could block it?

(VVY) - Yes!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 11:07pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well I meant with the Neith ult, that they can see if their targeted. Not that it is a global ult. What if it was only for allies? So it could support them.

No, that would just be trolly. Even trollier that Ymir's wall. You could juts swap positions to make them go to a dangerous place, or maybe make them unable to secura a kill. No, juts no.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }