Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea! Janus, God of change, and doorways. <----(He's Roman!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea! Janus, God of change, and doorways. <----(He's Roman!) 27 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 20, 2013 12:06am | Report
Well I meant for it as support, being a tank and all.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 20, 2013 1:51am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well I meant for it as support, being a tank and all.

Yes of course, but it wouldn't be less trolly for that, would it? You must bear in mind that there are players that troll just for fun, or just haven't learned much about the game yet. Do not make it an ally, keep it as it is, maybe with shorter range or something, I dunno.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 20, 2013 10:43am | Report
Ok.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 20, 2013 11:03am | Report
Sounds good, but about his 4 skill, I think it could be a risk adding the chance to switch position with an ally...
There are a lot of people which trolls for no reson, except just for be a troll. It could lead to some realy annoying behaviour from this kind of people, teleporting ally directly under enemy Towers or in the middle of team battle...
Sure, a good player could use it effectively to saves allies life, but it's a risk.
Your choice if adds it or not, it could be both good or bad, it is most at the discretion of who would use it.
Casual player due low time.

Egypt pantheon rules!
Fan of Ra and Anubis, but open to try more to find other favourite.

Inhabitant of 'God and Item idea' topic, a lot of idea in mind!
Best idea: Discordia, the goddess of strife

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 20, 2013 11:23am | Report
I don't really see how his passive would be useful. If you want to see enemies behind you, why not just turn around for the duration. And you can still see them on your minimap. No, just no. This passive is just useless. Come on Mr. Creative, do something!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 20, 2013 11:56am | Report
It should have the ability to affect allies.
Simple way to stop trolling?
Make it cancellable from either side. You know how right clicking stops an ability? If you right click during the 2 second charge up time, the ult will stop and the ally won't swap. No trolling!

And I like the charge up idea. It balances it, and gives beads a chance to take effect. The instant swap literally left 0 opportunity for reaction to live; like I said, it was instant teleport, into a 3 second 'WTF CONTROLS', into death. This way you can beads the ult and live.

And as far as the portal, I know he doesn't do 35% extra damage, but he's doing his OWN damage as well. So his 100% plus his enemy's 35%, means it's more or less impossible to lose a trade as Janus unless the enemy god is a very AoE based god (only agni really comes to mind)

And as for the passive, what about, "Janus's dual-gaze is apprehensive of events occurring behind him. It senses enemy gods attacking his back, girding his body, receiving 5/7.5/10% less damage from behind" (Or some other scaling)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 20, 2013 2:35pm | Report
That is such a good idea, perfect counter to Loki.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }