Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Amaterasu, the Heavens' Radiance

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Amaterasu, the Heavens' Radiance 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 11, 2013 12:24pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Tyr doesn't becomes virtually immune to CC.

He can buy boots as well. Provided he's only affected up to 1 second by hard CCs he can get up to FIFTY percent reductions. (i.e. Mummify is then only 1 second + boots reduction, if I'm not mistaken)

Subzero008 wrote:
Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you perhaps new to Smite? Most of the stuns in this game are 1 second or shorter, and Tyr's passive only protects him from the huge stuns and mesmerizes and such, and doesn't make him immune to chain stuns.

Right. There are some gods who have longer and some who have shorter.

Subzero008 wrote:
He has weaknesses, a flat 70% CC reduction does not.

Flat 20-30% from passive.

Subzero008 wrote:
Also, if you've actually done your homework, you'd realize that 40% CC reduction is the cap.

I didn't know that as well.

But then - shouldn't that completely change your point? You were rambling about CC when you knew that max cap is 40%? Is free Resolve really THAT great to you?

Subzero008 wrote:
And? You seem awfully fond of that word.

I'm not, I only wonder why you consider it that good.

Subzero008 wrote:
All the other teleports are both delayed and have some indication of where they are going.

Most of the other skills have something more to them than just jumping. Usually a slow.

Subzero008 wrote:
Yes, but Bakasura relies on attack speed, sacrificing other forms of damage. Glad to see that you've come to your senses, at least on this matter.

I really mistook the numbers, sorry on that. Yes, he does sacrifise other forms of damage for a mere 70 true damage and 30 Physical passively.

Subzero008 wrote:
We can't read your mind, and this self buff is horribly awkward. Make it an attack, or make it a self buff, but not this frustrating mashup. Split them into two abilities if you wish, otherwise, it looks like you just want to cram as much power into one ability as possible.

Irelia has a similar ability - two CCs in one. My idea is based on that and on Amaterasu's own history - she and her brother being on Heaven's Trial which judged whether they told truth.

Subzero008 wrote:
If she's a hybrid goddess, she's the worst one I've ever seen. Freya had both magical and physical damage, but they were fitted together in her basic attacks. Whether you build magical or physical power, her attacks increased in damage either way.

Freya was way too OP before her passive changed to Vamp. Amaterasu isn't supposed to be glass cannon like her, like I said, but a hybrid bruiser.

Subzero008 wrote:
This deals magical damage scaling off of physical power. Worst Idea Ever, since she'll need to sacrifice power for penetration, or vice versa. As in, she'll gain literally no damage from buying magical penetration items.

So there we go. She can get her main drawback back, so she's not as good anymore. She won't get any penetration from her third skill, yet still protections and damage apply.

Subzero008 wrote:
If she was a normal hybrid goddess, swapping penetrations would be overpowered as hell, since you could fuse items like Polynomicon with Titan's Bane without sacrificing damage.

We can no longer buy Physical items on Magical Power gods and vice versa, so it doesn't matter.

Also, notice that she only gets the penetration, not Physical Power from Magical Power, like Freya once did.

Subzero008 wrote:
Yes, the huge, global ult that deals great damage AND CC without s single drop of aiming required. Truly, this is balanced. /sarcasm

Artemis has an Ulti with great damage, CC, and no aiming as well. Moreover, she isn't prone to CC for 3 seconds.

Then, my ulti scales with enemies' health, and if I take penetrations swap from thirds it becomes even more mediocre compared to Artemis's. Edit: Just so you know - damage isn't global.

Subzero008 wrote:
And her flat damage is NOT weak! Look at Sun Ray! It's a teleport that can give crits,

I'm not used to Smite's game mechanics. As it goes for me, on-hit effects cannot crit.

Subzero008 wrote:
with freaking 200 base damage

Well, maybe I gave it too much level scaling. Starting with 40, is that really much? If so, what should it be, around? I'm not used to designing abilities with on-hit effects so I didn't know if this is much.

Subzero008 wrote:
with 70% contributions! With Deathbringer, it turns into 450 base with 210% contributions. Even Mercury's poke isn't that broken, and it's also not a freaking teleport.

Note that Amaterasu isn't an Assasin but more of a Bruiser, as she scales better with Health.

Should she be built full Physical she'd be more like a Bakusura or Loki.

Subzero008 wrote:
Just...stop making a fool out of yourself. His escape is his ult!

If he doesn't use his Stealth to close the gap. Which is exactly what Amaterasu would do as well, except that he's "safe" for much longer period of time.

Also, I would rarely use Loki's ult for escape. What's more, compare Fenrir with his two jumps.

Subzero008 wrote:

Believe me, she needs a lot more than that. Stay tuned.

Okay, I'm sorry I'm not the expert here. Kindly asking: any ideas?

PS. I've considered God Idea like this to be much more Overpowered: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/rmoct13-persephone-maiden-of-the-underworld-fate-of-life-2734 (just consider that I originally meant second Amaterasu's ability to deal 1,5% max HP in damage and her Sun Ray not to crit)

Fungamespl

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 11, 2013 12:38pm | Report

Tyr is only hard CC

Yes, but it still negates roughly between 33-50% of the time of many CCs. It is a "free" negation, which means that (if I'm not mistaken) he can buy items reducing the lenght of those CCs even further.

A blink is OP in smite because it's instant and all the other's aren't. Plus you can't see where the person is going, AND it always goes through walls because blink.

Maybe it could only work if an enemy god was targetted? (meaning that this is no longer escape utility in that way that you can target ground to teleport)

The damage on the 3 is a little high for everything else it gives and how easy it is to hit, I'd suggest lowering it.

Notice it doesn't scale. But yes, I could lower it.

Loki only has an escape if you don't hit him while invisible

That's what I meant. I consider it extremely good escape mechanism.

Edit: You meant that Loki needs to attack to break his invisibility or that if you hit him with anything he stops being invisible? Because I though you must CC him to make his invisibility wear of, if not worse. (so that he still remains invisible, even if CCed)

if the dmaage on the ulti is only in a small area, then fine, but global super-damage is OP as hell.

I knew I threw too much stuff into that so I would be perfectly understood.

I only wanted to stay as close (even slightly resembling) to her myth story as possible. I considered her ulti to be similar to Xbalanque's, except I didn't know that stun on his ulti can be avoided, so instead I gave it a global blind effect and local damaging/CC effect. When I hear now what Xbalanque's ulti really looks like I consider the one I've invented really OP, but hey - I think it's reasonable to think CC could wear off using Beads (not the damage though), wouldn't it?

Fungamespl

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 11, 2013 2:20pm | Report
Fungamespl wrote:

He can buy boots as well. Provided he's only affected up to 1 second by hard CCs he can get up to FIFTY percent reductions. (i.e. Mummify is then only 1 second + boots reduction, if I'm not mistaken)

Right. There are some gods who have longer and some who have shorter.

Flat 20-30% from passive.

I didn't know that as well.

But then - shouldn't that completely change your point? You were rambling about CC when you knew that max cap is 40%? Is free Resolve really THAT great to you?

I'm not, I only wonder why you consider it that good.

Most of the other skills have something more to them than just jumping. Usually a slow.

I really mistook the numbers, sorry on that. Yes, he does sacrifise other forms of damage for a mere 70 true damage and 30 Physical passively.

Irelia has a similar ability - two CCs in one. My idea is based on that and on Amaterasu's own history - she and her brother being on Heaven's Trial which judged whether they told truth.

Freya was way too OP before her passive changed to Vamp. Amaterasu isn't supposed to be glass cannon like her, like I said, but a hybrid bruiser.

So there we go. She can get her main drawback back, so she's not as good anymore. She won't get any penetration from her third skill, yet still protections and damage apply.

We can no longer buy Physical items on Magical Power gods and vice versa, so it doesn't matter.

Also, notice that she only gets the penetration, not Physical Power from Magical Power, like Freya once did.

Artemis has an Ulti with great damage, CC, and no aiming as well. Moreover, she isn't prone to CC for 3 seconds.

Then, my ulti scales with enemies' health, and if I take penetrations swap from thirds it becomes even more mediocre compared to Artemis's. Edit: Just so you know - damage isn't global.

I'm not used to Smite's game mechanics. As it goes for me, on-hit effects cannot crit.

Well, maybe I gave it too much level scaling. Starting with 40, is that really much? If so, what should it be, around? I'm not used to designing abilities with on-hit effects so I didn't know if this is much.

Note that Amaterasu isn't an Assasin but more of a Bruiser, as she scales better with Health.

Should she be built full Physical she'd be more like a Bakusura or Loki.

If he doesn't use his Stealth to close the gap. Which is exactly what Amaterasu would do as well, except that he's "safe" for much longer period of time.

Also, I would rarely use Loki's ult for escape. What's more, compare Fenrir with his two jumps.

Okay, I'm sorry I'm not the expert here. Kindly asking: any ideas?

PS. I've considered God Idea like this to be much more Overpowered: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/rmoct13-persephone-maiden-of-the-underworld-fate-of-life-2734 (just consider that I originally meant second Amaterasu's ability to deal 1,5% max HP in damage and her Sun Ray not to crit)

Oh my god. Please, listen to what I have to say.

Resolve maxes at 40%, but you specifically put that it stacks with resolve. Ergo, she gets 70% CC reduction, which is overpowered as hell.

You specifically put Tyr as a counterexample. You said that using Resolve + his own passive would give over 50% reduction.

Firstly, no, it does not. If Tyr is hit by CC, he applies the CC reduction BEFORE factoring in his passive. Which means if he is hit by a 1.2 second stun with 20% CC reduction, the stun time is reduced by the CC reduction to 0.96 seconds, then he becomes stunned for 0.96 seconds.

If it were the other way around, Tyr would have the stun reduced to 1.0 seconds, which would be further reduced to 0.8 seconds.

In other words, no, it does not cut the stun time in half. Research is your capital. Buy.

This means that Resolve works as well on his as with any other character. A 1 second stun will still be a 1 second stun. The limit of 1 second was provided to prevent him from having virtual CC immunity.

In other words, your point about it being in line with other passives has disintegrated like burning paper.

About her One: You just countered your own point. Loki's ultimate is too precious to constantly waste on escaping, yet Amaterasu gets it on a 12 second cooldown. I have made a god, Hachiman, with a similar move, but it cannot be used as an escape, and has a long cooldown. While some may call my god unbalanced, almost all will call your even more unbalanced.

Also, Stealth is not foolproof, and it can't make you teleport.

About her Two: You don't have to cram every but of a god's history into their design. It just makes it even more awkward. Anubis is technically not the god of the dead (he's the god of embalment) but can you imagine trying to turn embalming rites into an ability? Perhaps he can stuff enemies with the liquid they rub on corpses!

Point is, the ability makes very little sense both thematically and technically.

About her Three: You said she was a hybrid goddess earlier, so I assumed she would get both items. Also, it makes little sense for her attacks to deal magical damage.

About her Ultimate: Artemis' ult deals horrible damage, has a short stun time (Even other carries have CC as a regular ability that lasts longer), and only hits once, in a predefined area. Your ultimate hits everyone on the map, virtually crippling them even more than Xbalanque's ultimate, and deals better damage than Artemis' ult, and is almost impossible to miss with. OP.

Here's an idea:

[INSERT NAME HERE]: Amaterasu retreats from the mortal plane, vanishing and decreasing enemy vision by half, removing ally vision, and removing the minimap for three seconds. Amaterasu is in the sky (invisible), and can move at her normal (change if needed) speed.

Three seconds later, Amaterasu reappears in a burst of light at target location, blinding enemies in a 30-foot radius for 1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0 seconds. Enemies who look at her directly are blinded for twice the duration.

This deals no damage, but is a ****load of CC. It doesn't blind them completely like Xbalanque's ult, nor does it stun, but it is disorienting nonetheless, especially for the enemy junglers. And as for the return; being blind for 4 seconds is extremely powerful, since it's essentially four second where you can whale on them.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 12, 2013 9:33am | Report
Okay, let it be then a "free Resolve in her passive".

Subzero008 wrote:

In other words, your point about it being in line with other passives has disintegrated like burning paper.

I got it wrong on Tyr's ultimate but I DON'T think that "free Resolve" isn't in line with other gods' passives.

If the game doesn't allow more than 40% CC reduction then I automatically assume this passive doesn't change that either. It still would stack, yet it wouldn't change much since the cap is 40%. I hope we made that one clear?

Subzero008 wrote:
Also, Stealth is not foolproof, and it can't make you teleport.

But it makes invisible, immune to slows and speeds you up. I consider it to be on par with such teleport, unless it really wears off if Loki is damaged. Anyhow, the first skill can be changed to "only targetable on enemy heroes". (or, to add to it, mobs as well)

About god history - I imagine that you wouldn't really be able to think of much more for a goddest of sun since Ra has already been invented. That's why I wanted her to be more unique, being a sun goddest yet a bruiser.

Subzero008 wrote:
About her Three: You said she was a hybrid goddess earlier, so I assumed she would get both items.

Unless Smite changes that I imagine that would be impossible. I always try to stay as close to game mechanics as possible. I do cry over the loss of possibility to buy various items for unconventional builds but it can't be helped and Smite surely wouldn't bend their mechanics back to old ones just for one god.

Subzero008 wrote:
Also, it makes little sense for her attacks to deal magical damage.

I wanted her to be sort of hybrid. This is both a strength and a flaw. There aren't many gods in Smite who deal true damage or mixed.

Subzero008 wrote:
About her Ultimate: Artemis' ult deals horrible damage, has a short stun time (Even other carries have CC as a regular ability that lasts longer), and only hits once, in a predefined area.

Her penetrations apply to her ulti, other carries don't have stuns if I'm not mistaken (Mesmerize, Snare, but not stun) and her ulti hits up to 5 people. The boar follows her if I remember, so it's debatable whether it is just "that area".

Subzero008 wrote:
Your ultimate hits everyone on the map, virtually crippling them even more than Xbalanque's ultimate, and deals better damage than Artemis' ult, and is almost impossible to miss with. OP.

Damage and cripple is local. The ultimate only blinds everyone on the map. It deals damage scaling with max health, dealt in magic damage, which without any penetrations left on her third skill is more than mediocre damage, were the enemy team to buy any resistances VS Magic Damage.

Subzero008 wrote:
Here's an idea:

I've educated myself on 'Blind' CC and I must say that's really okay as it is.

Fungamespl

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 12, 2013 1:36pm | Report
So I was asked to look at this by someone who I won't name (no tattletales ;P), and I thought it was for specifically them before I realized it was a different author. As such, I haven't read comments up until now, sorry. Here are my thoughts on what is in the MAIN POST, as anything you've changed in comments has not been edited into the post.

Initially, I'm surprised at the lack of involvement with the wolf myth, but it's more of a contemporary version of the myth so I don't mind.

To start, I find the passive icky. It's a reskin of Tyr's. Eh.

Her first ability, as is my general consensus with this type, I don't like the blink idea, as her already CC-reduced, tanky-bruiser style, combined with a blink, provides a lot of survivability at no downside. Tyr has to use his ult, as does Loki, Fenrir has to use a slow jump, and Thor has to wait for his hammer to extend, and can be CCd during that. I'd prefer, if no target is selected, that she instead dashes. I am worried about the damage scaling of her in general, as a dash immediately to a mage or carry as a bruiser could yield instant death, but I'll have to think on her kit as a whole. I'd reduce the 70% ratio, however.

Reverse the order on her 2. If she has LESS health, include the added effect, so as to equalize a fight (simliar to Irelia if you play League of Legends). Otherwise, she just severely punishes a target that she's already ahead of, meaning a combo with her first ability guarantees the added effect. Also, is the non-true damage magical, or physical?

I don't like her ultimate, in numbers only. The idea is great, but it's very problematic. You effectively created a Xbalanque ult, except instead of a very short, avoidable stun, you provided a RIDICULOUSLY high slow (80% at max rank) that ruins any carry, mage, or assassin. Additionally, it does 35% of their health, which just compounds further how much better it is than Xbalanque's. Finally, the slow you provided is 60/70/80, but there's 5 ranks, is it at ranks 1/3/5 it increases?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 14, 2013 9:56am | Report
Raventhor wrote:
Here are my thoughts on what is in the MAIN POST, as anything you've changed in comments has not been edited into the post.

I've actually changed her a bit. I'm thinking of changing her ultimate and first ability.

Raventhor wrote:
Initially, I'm surprised at the lack of involvement with the wolf myth, but it's more of a contemporary version of the myth so I don't mind.

Doh. People keep forgetting this: there is no "wolf" myth of Amaterasu. It is a nice contemporary fable about her.

Raventhor wrote:
To start, I find the passive icky. It's a reskin of Tyr's. Eh.

I've read that she's very calm, Irelia came into my mind and this is the fruit, the outcome. I know it's not very original. It can be changed into anything else really, connected to sun or something.

Raventhor wrote:
Her first ability, as is my general consensus with this type, I don't like the blink idea, as her already CC-reduced, tanky-bruiser style, combined with a blink, provides a lot of survivability at no downside.

I purposefully gave her no CCs. Her base stats and flat damage from skills is (for me) somewhat low and can be reduced further to indicate that she is very item-dependent.

Raventhor wrote:
I'd prefer, if no target is selected, that she instead dashes.

That is an option. I thought she could "extend in light", similarly as Leona from LoL catches her target. She surely could be vurnable to CCs during that time. The question is - should she target anything nevertheless? Should she deal any damage, or should there be some secondary effect instead?

Raventhor wrote:
I am worried about the damage scaling of her in general, as a dash immediately to a mage or carry as a bruiser could yield instant death, but I'll have to think on her kit as a whole. I'd reduce the 70% ratio, however.

That's 70% of her Normal Melee Attack.

Fungamespl wrote:
(...) and deals one melee attack to the enemy targetted. (...)

Raventhor wrote:
Reverse the order on her 2. If she has LESS health, include the added effect, so as to equalize a fight (simliar to Irelia if you play League of Legends). Otherwise, she just severely punishes a target that she's already ahead of, meaning a combo with her first ability guarantees the added effect.

I purposefuly counted her damage to be similar to Bakusura's Butcher Blades. If I were to reverse the order then I'd have to buff this effect as well, say, up to 2-2,5% her max hp and healing of course.

Yes, the combo with Sun Ray guarantees the effect, which was my intention.

Raventhor wrote:
Also, is the non-true damage magical, or physical?

In case she has more health it's some damage done as True Damage and some in Physical. In the second case it's mixed Physical based on her Physical Power and Magic Damage, based on scaling with the skill and again, Physical Power.

Raventhor wrote:
I don't like her ultimate, in numbers only. The idea is great, but it's very problematic. You effectively created a Xbalanque ult, except instead of a very short, avoidable stun, you provided a RIDICULOUSLY high slow (80% at max rank) that ruins any carry, mage, or assassin.

Subzero already told me that it's too good. Yet (up to) 4 seconds of Blind is also quite much, which he proposed.

Raventhor wrote:
Additionally, it does 35% of their health, which just compounds further how much better it is than Xbalanque's.

Mind you that I thought Xbalanque's ulti cannot be "outwitted". I considered 1,5 stun for anyone, global, and global view sight range reduction to be really good, so instead I made a cripple, damage and view reduction. Now that I see Xbalanque's ulti isn't really that great I need to change it a lot.

Raventhor wrote:
Finally, the slow you provided is 60/70/80, but there's 5 ranks, is it at ranks 1/3/5 it increases?

Oh, right. I forget about those things. Yes, I guess it would.

Fungamespl

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }