Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cupid Rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Cupid Rework 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 18, 2013 4:43pm | Report
Alright, the biggest problem with Cupid seems to be that he has no clear role. His damage output is pathetic for a hunter, he has nearly no support ability, his passive is terrible for what it does and his ultimate is out of place.

The goal of this rework is to make Cupid a "soft carry" as well as a hunter/support hybrid.

Passive: Lovestruck:
Cupid applies a debuff on his attacks called Lovestruck that lasts 6 seconds. Only two enemies can be afflicted with this debuff at a time. When two enemies with Lovestruck are within 55 feet of one another, they deal 15% less damage.

1: Share the Love:
Cupid scatters hearts, healing allies within 30 feet by 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% of your physical power). Allies healed also gain a 15% movement speed bonus for 3 seconds. Lovestruck enemies are slowed by 15% for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 12 seconds

2: Arrows of Love:
Cupid passively deals 3/6/9/12/15 additional damage (+1% of your physical power) with each basic attack, stacking consecutively per hit, up to five stacks. (So the first hit will deal 15 extra damage, then the next would deal 30, then 45, then 60, maxing at 75.)

When this skill is activated, Cupid deals 50% of his basic attack damage to enemies within 15 feet of the target. The splash damage does not apply any on-hit effects expect for Arrows of Love. The buff lasts 5 seconds.

Cooldown: 9 seconds

3: Love's Wings:
Cupid dashes forward, leaving a trail of butterflies behind him. Allies gain 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed while on the trail and Lovestruck enemies are slowed for an equal amount.

Cooldown: 14 seconds

4: Heartbreak:
Cupid fires several volleys of arrows, dealing 40/65/90/115/140 damage (+20% of your physical power) in a large cone, firing four times. For six seconds, Lovestruck has no limit on the number of targets and affects all enemies.

Cooldown: 70 seconds

The changes to his passive were because, frankly, his old passive was terrible. The fact that you had to hit something with a basic attack ten times to do anything useful was a huge detriment to Cupid's usefulness in teamfights.

His one has been changed to a more effective healing skill.

His two is now his main waveclearing skill, and this is what is supposed to make him a soft carry. With this skill, there is more emphasis on attack speed, rather than crit chance, which makes him less of a hunter and more of a support, which in this case, is a good thing. (I hope)

His three is basically Flutter that also applies a situational slow. The healing bonus is just there for synergy with his one.

His ultimate is designed to have a dramatic effect on enemy teams, but a passable one to enemy duo lanes. Also, it's essentially an extension of his passive, which makes him less of an ult bot compared to Cupid now.

The entire goal of his kit is to utterly crush the enemy duo while in laning phase, to better help your carry. After that, Cupid becomes a passable healer and buffer/debuffer, while his ultimate becomes terrifying in its utility. The fact that Cupid can still deal decent damage is just icing on top of the cake of pain.

So...what do you think?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 18, 2013 5:14pm | Report
I'm not sure how I feel about this, I think that this is a good step in the right direction but his ult, I really like his current ult and would keep it, or make it smaller with less drastic effects and make it his 3. He doesn't seem to have much wave leaf as it is though, I would probably lower the cool down of his 2 a little. And on his ult, it says no limit on his arrows of love, which I think is supposed to say no limit to love struck.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 18, 2013 5:22pm | Report
I removed his ultimate because I don't want him to be Ares: Hunter version.

Wait, are you typing on a tablet?

TY for the feedback. And thanks for telling me of the typo.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 18, 2013 5:26pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wait, are you typing on a tablet?

Yeah, that's why I have a lot of spelling mistakes.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 19, 2013 7:26am | Report
Actually love this rework idea. His passive naturally works well in the duo lane, his heal is actually for a decent amount while providing utility, his arrows of love gives him a decent amount of damage needed in a carry, And his ult (while I love his new one) isn't a bad replacement, giving decent damage and utility.

The only problem I have is his Butterflies. It seems like it's basically just Aphrodite's birds with a different effect, and it makes him really, really unsafe. Cupid's biggest asset has always been his nearly instantaneous dash - what he lacked in straight up damage, he compensated for in safety, which ensured he could remain in a fight long past what other hunters had to back out of. The way he's set up now, he doesn't have his former ult - a mesmerize/charm, doesn't have his heart bomb stun, and doesn't have a dash. All he has is a slight slow on his butterflies and a damage reduction, which assassins won't care about.

Loki would have a free kill whenever he felt like, without exception. If the speed passive affects him it might be good, but I'm not sure the speed increase and slow is simply enough to help - enemies will still gapclose with skills and there's nothing to do about it, because he doesn't have a solid escape anymore, nor does he have any rock-solid CC.

This also means fenrir's brutalize is going to tear cupid a new..yeah.

He's very utility oriented now, and his damage output isn't bad, but he's kind of like an odd mashup of Anhur's passive, Artemis's speed and slow, and someone else's healing, with no actual CC or escape to survive. All in all though, the abilities designed are very interesting and wouldn't make a bad AD carry.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 19, 2013 7:41am | Report
I have no idea what I want Cupid to be, but he's currently extremely fun, so I say keep his old way.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 19, 2013 9:21am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Actually love this rework idea. His passive naturally works well in the duo lane, his heal is actually for a decent amount while providing utility, his arrows of love gives him a decent amount of damage needed in a carry, And his ult (while I love his old one) isn't a bad replacement, giving decent damage and utility.

The only problem I have is his Butterflies. It seems like it's basically just Aphrodite's birds with a different effect, and it makes him really, really unsafe. Cupid's biggest asset has always been his nearly instantaneous dash - what he lacked in straight up damage, he compensated for in safety, which ensured he could remain in a fight long past what other hunters had to back out of. The way he's set up now, he doesn't have his former ult - a mesmerize/charm, doesn't have his heart bomb stun, and doesn't have a dash. All he has is a slight slow on his butterflies and a damage reduction, which assassins won't care about.

Loki would have a free kill whenever he felt like, without exception. If the speed passive affects him it might be good, but I'm not sure the speed increase and slow is simply enough to help - enemies will still gapclose with skills and there's nothing to do about it, because he doesn't have a solid escape anymore, nor does he have any rock-solid CC.

This also means fenrir's brutalize is going to tear cupid a new..yeah.

He's very utility oriented now, and his damage output isn't bad, but he's kind of like an odd mashup of Anhur's passive, Artemis's speed and slow, and someone else's healing, with no actual CC or escape to survive. All in all though, the abilities designed are very interesting and wouldn't make a bad AD carry.

Yeah, I should change it to a dash. You made very good points.

I feel that I must clarify something here: I intended the damage reduction to be from the enemy, rather than what the ally takes. Er, let me explain.

Alright, the damage mitigation formula currently takes DR at the very end, which normally makes it a very poor stat. But what I intended here was for the enemy's damage to be reduced at the start. I'm not sure how drastic of an effect that would make.

Does that mean 15% would be too high?

@Tal: ;_;

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 20, 2013 3:39am | Report
There are so many gods that needs a rework over Cupid.

Cupid doesn't do damage?
Clearly you have never seen a feed Cupid with:
Qin's Sais + full stacks of Lovestruck + Malice + the attack speed from Flutter

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 24, 2013 5:30pm | Report
I don't mean damage compared to other gods, I meant damage compared to other ADCs. Apollo, Mercury and Artemis and Anhur have their own buffs, and Neith has her burst. Compared to them, he just can't compete.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 25, 2013 4:54am | Report
Cupid's versatility outweighs whatever shortcomings he might have against other ADC's in my opinion. He has good sustain, excellent initiation and escapes, and he has decent cc. Plus his dash increases movement and attack speed, which allows him to shred if built and played right.

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }