Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Create-A-God Process Step 1: Concept Submissions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Create-A-God Process Step 1: Concept Submissions 38 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » May 4, 2014 9:53am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

That's the problem. It IS broke. Haven't you noticed the God Concept forum has been completely dead lately?

This process isn't going to increase how much people are going to be posting. It's probably going to reduce it, to be honest.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 4, 2014 11:11am | Report
Sloogz wrote:

This process isn't going to increase how much people are going to be posting. It's probably going to reduce it, to be honest.

Please, in all seriousness, explain your thought process on how this is. I am completely ****ing lost dude. "Sum1 triing 2 rivive god ideuhz? Nope. lullulululllulullulululuzqsfSDSGHGFDSA."

I just--I can't even...

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » May 4, 2014 11:19am | Report
Thank you aphnex, you explained that better than I could have.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 4, 2014 12:00pm | Report
Name: Teamfight Disruptor / Engager
General Description: A god[dess] that semi-safely disrupts, disengages, or ends teamfights, while not lacking behind in initiation and (low) sufficient damage.
Justification: This concept allows us to night have 24.9357 minute long teamfights, and makes those teamfights memorable and epic. Also, this gives us a feeling of the old SMITE meta, as to way back when not all teamfights had to be game-changing, and when a losing team can have a higher chance of having a game changing teamfight/escape (i.e Fire Giant steal). Lastly, it introduces a slow and safe pace to the high speed -- multi-action meta we know today.
Questions To Be Answered:
Clearly very sufficient late game, though is it possible to incorporate it with a good late game without making it's early so useless?
If so, how can we make it to where its not overpowered?
Did anyone know I got this idea from Old Guan Yu's ultimate?
Can this god[ess] make as great an impact on ending and/or engaging a teamfight as Guan’s old ult?
Who (what god(s)) would this be most viable against?
Is beads just an instant counter to this?
If so, how could we change that?
Explanation: So, countless of times, I have a losing team that makes it into late game.

Let's say, we're down 10k gold, 42 minutes into the match, down one phoenix and they have all, and the score is 32 - 54. Winning team goes for Fire Giant to end the game. All 5 are up. Two on the opposing team are down. Two of the losing team's highest damage dealers get the attention of the winning team's hungriest players, and their damage is reduced from the fire giant and their attention is set on the losing team's players. The losing team's tank (Let's say Ymir) is waiting for the opportunity to blink in and HoG the objective. The losing team does a successful job at baiting and in turn, the Ymir gains the FG for their team. Which leads us to another problem. Out numbered, minimal means of escape, and they remaining 3 on the losing team gets trapped and ambushed. Believe me, it happens a lot more than you think. You need some serious skill to get out of an out numbered FG steal. Or a Bastet.

With my idea, the losing team can successfully get the FG with minimal repercussions, and in-turn putting them back in the game. Fairly simple, yet highly needed.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » May 4, 2014 1:04pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Please, in all seriousness, explain your thought process on how this is. I am completely ****ing lost dude. "Sum1 triing 2 rivive god ideuhz? Nope. lullulululllulullulululuzqsfSDSGHGFDSA."

I just--I can't even...

I liked the part when you insulted me.
If you're trying to argue with me, try not to insult me, it's a last resort.
But really, an over-complicated thread like this isn't gonna give people incentive when they see the poster telling people what they posted was wrong and ****.
If people aren't posting, a thread like this is not going to get people to post more.
That's just a matter of the forum itself.
I'm sorry for being blunt here, but it's the truth. I know it hurts sometimes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 4, 2014 1:25pm | Report
Yes...that did hurt...my feelings.

First of all, how DARE you accuse me of starting an argument or saying I was insulting you. When I said in all seriousness, I was serious. I am in no way shape or form trying to start an argument, nor am I insulting you in anyway. I am simply, if you like to put it blunt, TRYING TO UNDERSTAND YOUR ****ED UP LOGIC with a bit of my own humor. You want an argument? Fine, PM me. We'll have an argument, but I just don't understand how this thread can repel people. Is it saying **** all of your logic we're doing it my way? No. He is simply giving us a guided format on what would be a good idea for the community as a whole to contribute together. Nothing more, nothing less. What was your point in even posting in this thread if you were going to just bad mouth it? Bad mouth the creator?

Second, your failed sarcastic, idiotic remarks dumbfound me. Seriously, you're failure to be the All-Knowing profit is actually quite humorous. You don't understand what you're talking about, and if you can't, then I sure as hell can't either. So please stop acting like you got all your facts together. Because you don't. Far from it. You'll seriously get hated and make a fool out of yourself. After all, a wise man once said (and I quote):

Sloogz wrote:

I'm sorry for being blunt here, but it's the truth. I know it hurts sometimes.

Finish this in PM. This is not the point of the thread, nor shall it continue to cover it with it's pointless idiocy. I'll explain it as best I can, but the point seems to just go right over your head.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » May 4, 2014 2:32pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Yes...that did hurt...my feelings.

First of all, how DARE you accuse me of starting an argument or saying I was insulting you. When I said in all seriousness, I was serious. I am in no way shape or form trying to start an argument, nor am I insulting you in anyway. I am simply, if you like to put it blunt, TRYING TO UNDERSTAND YOUR ****ED UP LOGIC with a bit of my own humor. You want an argument? Fine, PM me. We'll have an argument, but I just don't understand how this thread can repel people. Is it saying **** all of your logic we're doing it my way? No. He is simply giving us a guided format on what would be a good idea for the community as a whole to contribute together. Nothing more, nothing less. What was your point in even posting in this thread if you were going to just bad mouth it? Bad mouth the creator?

Second, your failed sarcastic, idiotic remarks dumbfound me. Seriously, you're failure to be the All-Knowing profit is actually quite humorous. You don't understand what you're talking about, and if you can't, then I sure as hell can't either. So please stop acting like you got all your facts together. Because you don't. Far from it. You'll seriously get hated and make a fool out of yourself. After all, a wise man once said (and I quote):

Finish this in PM. This is not the point of the thread, nor shall it continue to cover it with it's pointless idiocy. I'll explain it as best I can, but the point seems to just go right over your head.

I created a god idea here, got criticized for it "not following the OP" and took it down.
I then expressed my opinion on the matter.
You took it to hostility and escalated the conversation with these comments.
I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but that's no reason to attempt to insult me over the internet. I take no offense from it and there's really no point. I can't really understand your frustration. I quite literally posted my opinion on a forum and was attacked for it. I'm sorry for not liking something once in a while, but this is excessive.
I have no problem leaving this forum, though I won't let just another internet BMer do it. It'll take a lot more. So if you want me to leave this forum, try a little harder please.
Edit: This conversation is over, no reason to continue talking to this person, nothing good will come of it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 4, 2014 2:42pm | Report
Name: Support-Based God(ess)

General Description: A god(ess)[let's just say "it" to make it easier] that is revolved around supporting, no damage-focus, no-kill stealing.

Justification: It would change the "you (the support) take the damage while I (the hunter) go kill everyone in this lane" to "I'm (the support) gonna boost you (the hunter) so you can do your own ****." It would also change the support role in teamfights. Instead of doing damage, you can just boost your teammates while you just throw in a basic attack or two for help."

Question To Be Answered:
How would wave-clearing work?
Will it essentially be a 1v2 lane?
How much would it impact late-game teamfights, Fire Giant/Gold Fury, Titan fights?
Will it work when it's a 1v3 defense?

Explanation: There are probably many times where your support just acts by themselves. This support while stay true to his rank by staying with you or a team during fights. This would change the meta a whole lot by two major things: easier tower push from both sides and helping strategies. Well, if this support can't act on its own, then that would allow the enemy team to easily push you when your hunter is down or in base. Yet, if you get the enemy team down, with your boosts, you can easily take the tower down maybe even as soon as level 5. The helping strategies would be the jungler has to make a jungle route that occasionally takes him to duo lane since he has to make sure you're not getting an essential 0v2. During Mid-Game, if mid has taken his tower down, then maybe he will have to hang around your lane a lot for the same reason as the jungler in early game. This will force the jungler to stay near mid lane to make sure Agni doesn't take it down. So as you can see, solo lane will be virtually gankless if such a support is made.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » May 5, 2014 4:47pm | Report
Everyone please stop arguing and drop any current arguments or take it to PM.

Let me clarify some things:

- The rules state replies to threads must be on the topic of the thread, or else they are considered spam (going off-topic) and may be deleted. Since the topic of the thread is laid out clearly in the opening post any rules given in the opening post apply to this thread, and breaking those rules would be considered going "off topic" (and therefore breaking SmiteFire rules).

If you want to make your own thread for a different kind've discussion then go ahead, I may come back and clean up the off topic posts in here later. Please keep all future discussion on-topic.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » May 5, 2014 5:12pm | Report
Thank you Mowen, your input is much obliged. Now I would like to clarify something that I may have forgotten: You are aloud to, and actively SHOULD, be giving input on the ideas given by other people, trying to help expand upon better understand the logic they've given or help them refine their idea. Once someone believes their idea to be in the perfect state, and therefore ready to be considered by Buddha for being put on the poll, please put

FINAL SUBMISSION

in this format at the beginning of your post.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }