Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Community idea initiative!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Community idea initiative! 115 posts - page 9 of 12

Poll Question:

Should this continue?
Yes
No
The meaning of life is Llamas!!!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 4, 2013 5:31am | Report

^Only dodges attacks not abilities, Dota 2 works with MANY chances very well.

I know, and even then it's stupid. Just because DotA 2 works with chance, doesn't mean Smite will work with chance.

Allow me to elaborate why dodge can be put in DotA and not Smite. DotA's basic attacks are all targeted. If an enemy does end up getting lucky and dodging an attack, then you can always basic attack them again. However, despite having another targeted attack, getting your attacks dodged still feels bad.

Smite doesn't have any targeted basic attacks. This means that you actually have to work somewhat hard (compared to other MOBAs) to actually deal a decent amount of DPS. Now, say you are against someone incredibly, such as Baldr, who will most likely be mobile as he is an assassin. Hitting him will be incredibly hard, and when you do, the chance that your attack will be completely negated will be heart-breaking when it actually does, as you then have to go through all of that stupid aiming to try and hit him again.

Random Dodge is a stupid concept. Being denied a kill because of being unlucky leaves the unpleasant taste of **** in your mouth, and surviving because of dodge doesn't feel awesome either as you realise it wasn't your skill that made you live, but instead was pure luck. On the topic of player skill...

The passive is a passive that does not affect gameplay in the slightest. A good passive is one that affects your playstyle. A bad passive is something that offers nothing in terms of satisfying gameplay, and simply gives invisible power. The passive you proposed falls under a term I like to use, which is braindead power. You do not have to even think about wanting to use it, and you get power from it. This is a terrible thing to have in a game.

Please, I hope this opens your eyes as to why I hate anything chance based/simple buffs, and of course, dodge.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 4, 2013 6:56am | Report
What if he had an increased view range like his father? Seeing as how he is the god of light, he can see farther and all...

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 4, 2013 7:04am | Report
That don't seem so good for an assassin

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » August 4, 2013 9:44am | Report
4 got bout that, sry buddah
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 6, 2013 11:28am | Report
Impenetrable Sun:

Killing or assisting a god grants Baldr a sun ray. Collecting sun rays increases his physical power by 5% of his physical power. After all 5 are collected his next basic attack passes through all enemies blinding the first on he hits for 1 second (+.5 for every enemy hit.) Stacks are reset upon blind and death.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 6, 2013 2:27pm | Report
Baldr doesn't deal with the sun, just light.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 6, 2013 11:35pm | Report
Darn. :c

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 6, 2013 11:54pm | Report
Just change the wording to light rays. BAM TECHNICALITY SOLVED

But fo realsies, that was a straight up good idea. (Practicing my gangster speak.)

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 7, 2013 12:02am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Impenetrable Sun:

Killing or assisting a god grants Baldr a sun ray. Collecting sun rays increases his physical power by 5% of his physical power. After all 5 are collected his next basic attack passes through all enemies blinding the first on he hits for 1 second (+.5 for every enemy hit.) Stacks are reset upon blind and death.

Maybe make the bonus smaller, but make creeps drop sun rays as well (I'm thinking the drop mechnics of something like Thresh's passive from LoL, just using your bonuses and effects).
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 7, 2013 12:13am | Report
I think Baldr/Baldir needs an awesome leap or cool dash, as almost all other norse gods have one! (Fenrir's 1, Freya's ulti, Odin's 1, Thor's ulti, Tyr's 1 AND ulti)

Of course Loki, Hel and Ymir doesn't have one, but there are reasons:

Ymir is a humungus frost giant, he is too big to jump!

Hel has her 3 in light stance to speed up her allies, so instead of having a skill that makes herself moving, she help0s her allies (as she is a support).

Loki is a coward.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }