Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cerberus, keeper of Tartarus.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Cerberus, keeper of Tartarus. 32 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whobbe » June 26, 2013 9:14pm | Report
I didn't find any proof that Arachne or either Bakasura are gods, but i hope that Hi Rez has their facts. I'm sure they search every fact before adding characters to game.

Whobbe

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 26, 2013 11:55pm | Report
Yeah... I dont think so...

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » June 27, 2013 3:44am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

They wouldn't have to add a whole bunch of new beasts. Heck, it'd probably be better for them as it would give them more variety to work with.

Also, OP is right, Arachne and Bakasura are beasts/ non-deity mythological figures, not gods.

I have no idea why Bakasura are in the game, one can't solely know everything :D
I do however know that Arachne is the goddess of spiders, it's told that she was the worlds first spider.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » June 29, 2013 11:11am | Report
Arachne is a goddess? I didn't find it anywhere, i know that Athena turned Arachne into a spider, in two diferent versions, one by envy, and other Athena find her death, and ressurect her as a spider, she was a weaver, that's why spiders can shoot webs.
Arachne is neither god or demigod, she is only a transformation, a "curse" from a goddess, indeed she is the world first spider.

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » June 29, 2013 12:55pm | Report
Khaldron wrote:

Arachne is a goddess? I didn't find it anywhere, i know that Athena turned Arachne into a spider, in two diferent versions, one by envy, and other Athena find her death, and ressurect her as a spider, she was a weaver, that's why spiders can shoot webs.
Arachne is neither god or demigod, she is only a transformation, a "curse" from a goddess, indeed she is the world first spider.

This is correct. Arachne challenged Athena (the Goddess of weaving and many other things) to a weaving competition and when Athena went to humble her, Arachne created a flawless blanket that recorded all of the indecencies and lewd behaviors of the Greek Gods. Athena became angry that she couldn't properly humble her and in return made her a weaver for the rest of her days, i.e. the first spider. From my readings there is no indication that Arachne became a Goddess. It wouldn't make sense for her to since it was a form of punishment.

I feel as though Cerberus could definitely be added to the game. He is the only 3-headed dog in Greek myth as far as I know and he could make for a badass character.

Also, Sun Wukong was not a God, he was a demon.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 29, 2013 1:38pm | Report
Piederman wrote:

What bbenoid. He's not a god, just a mythical beast, an offspring of Echidna, a hybrid half-woman and half-serpent, and Typhon, a gigantic monster even the Greek gods feared. Its siblings were the Lernaean Hydra, a serpant woman; Orthus, a two-headed hellhound; and the Chimaera, a three-headed monster. It would just be wrong by them to add Cerberus into the game as they then would have to add a wide variety of other mythical beasts.

You guys must've forgot that they said that not only gods would be in the game now and On another note, cerberus is a guardian of the river styx, the river that passes through the tartarus relm.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » June 29, 2013 4:42pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

You guys must've forgot that they said that not only gods would be in the game now and On another note, cerberus is a guardian of the river styx, the river that passes through the tartarus relm.

Must have missed out on that, then I guess we'll probably be seeing him in the game at some point.

SmellyHarry wrote:

This is correct. Arachne challenged Athena (the Goddess of weaving and many other things) to a weaving competition and when Athena went to humble her, Arachne created a flawless blanket that recorded all of the indecencies and lewd behaviors of the Greek Gods. Athena became angry that she couldn't properly humble her and in return made her a weaver for the rest of her days, i.e. the first spider. From my readings there is no indication that Arachne became a Goddess. It wouldn't make sense for her to since it was a form of punishment.

I feel as though Cerberus could definitely be added to the game. He is the only 3-headed dog in Greek myth as far as I know and he could make for a badass character.

Also, Sun Wukong was not a God, he was a demon.

Here are some sites who states that she's a goddess, although it doesn't include that the fact is true, it's still nothing that says it isin't.
Arachne - Goddess of Weaving, Mistress of Labyrinths
Arachne, The Greek Goddess Who Became the First Spider

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 29, 2013 7:48pm | Report
Piederman wrote:

Must have missed out on that, then I guess we'll probably be seeing him in the game at some point.

Here are some sites who states that she's a goddess, although it doesn't include that the fact is true, it's still nothing that says it isin't.
Arachne - Goddess of Weaving, Mistress of Labyrinths
Arachne, The Greek Goddess Who Became the First Spider

She's informally known as the goddess of spiders. I doubt anyone would actually worship her.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 1, 2013 9:07am | Report
The second link doesnt explain how she is a goddess, the first one says that athena allows her to be goddess of weaving...i dont remember exemples of mortals turning to gods like that, not even demigods...

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 1, 2013 10:07am | Report
Does it really matter? Honestly, I dont even think they would add It to the game because we already have a dog, and that's fenrir. But on another note, I would want to be in Greece before Arachne was made because I flooping hate spiders.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }