Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Worship needs to be reworked!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Worship needs to be reworked! 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » September 22, 2013 8:19am | Report
What forced me to make this thread was a arena match i just hade. I picked Freya and did really REALLY well and went 12/1 (Most kills and least deaths out of everyone in the match). However we still managed to lose, but i didn’t really care because it was a good game and I felt that I did my part. Guess how much worship I got? Give up?

A WHOPPING 1 WORSHIP!!!!

I have heard that worship is based on how long the match went one, if that is true then what the Hel where you thinking Hi-Rez? First of that means you HAVE to play conquest if you want the the most Worship, secondly way should the amount of worship you earn (something that is used to measure your experience with a god) be based on something you can barely control?

In my opinion worship should be based on how well you play as the god, with means kills, assist and deaths and in also think losing should not have too much impact on how much you earn, sure it could give you a slight boost but even if you are doing amazing you can still lose for many MANY reasons. Also how about extra worship boosts depending on what type of god you are playing as. For example: If you were playing as an assassin and got the most kills or did the most damage you should get extra worship, supports should get extra worship if they did a lot of healing and tanks should still get a good amount of worship if they didn’t get any kills, but didn’t die too much and got but a huge amount of assist..

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 22, 2013 8:52am | Report
I agree. Worshipers shouldn't be based on how long you've been playing or whether you were winning or not, but should change depending on the role you play. After all, being a liability to your team and dragging the match on to over 50 minutes shouldn't earn you 25 worshipers.

For example, Mages/Carries/Bruisers/Assassins should get 3 worshipers per kill, and Tanks/Supports should get 2 worshiper per assist. Since there are very few pure supports or tanks out there, this could work.

Let's say you also lose 1 worshipers per death, and winning or losing affects your score by some multiplier. Let's say .75 if you lose.

I guess you might want to adjust some numbers here and there, but I think this formula might be good. I'm pretty sure there's a flaw in this system that I missed, but that's why I'm posting it here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 22, 2013 10:11am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I agree. Worshipers shouldn't be based on how long you've been playing or whether you were winning or not, but should change depending on the role you play. After all, being a liability to your team and dragging the match on to over 50 minutes shouldn't earn you 25 worshipers.

For example, Mages/Carries/Bruisers/Assassins should get 3 worshipers per kill, and Tanks/Supports should get 2 worshiper per assist. Since there are very few pure supports or tanks out there, this could work.

Let's say you also lose 1 worshipers per death, and winning or losing affects your score by some multiplier. Let's say .75 if you lose.

I guess you might want to adjust some numbers here and there, but I think this formula might be good. I'm pretty sure there's a flaw in this system that I missed, but that's why I'm posting it here.

maybe not 3 a kill and 2 tank assists but 2 for kills and for tank/support assists
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » September 22, 2013 10:50am | Report
I think worshippers are fine in my opinion. You get the most in conquest I believe.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 22, 2013 10:54am | Report
I'm fine with the amount of worshipers we get , more favour would do even better though .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 22, 2013 11:17am | Report
Lemme just point out the biggest flaw in this proposed change:

If the worshipers are earned based on kills and contribution rather than time spent in the match, whats stopping someone from creating a well-coordinated team of 5 players (possibly all in the same clan) to not only stall the match to oblivion, but also rack up a massive ton of kills in the process?

Additionally in short-lived matches like Arena, some gods would do a whole deal better at racking up contribution-kills. Loki, if we used your proposed change, would earn 30-60 worshipers in every match because he can do quite well in Arena.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 22, 2013 11:19am | Report
Romanians wrote:

I'm fine with the amount of worshipers we get , more favour would do even better though .

favor is not so imported to most players, they would rather get more worshippers based on how they play their role.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 22, 2013 3:01pm | Report
Well, whether you win or lose is also a big factor in how many worshippers you get. In Conquest, the max you can get after losing is about 3.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by aloyti » April 14, 2017 6:44am | Report
It is a team based game, so rewarding players on team performance makes sense. If it rewarded on individual performance, it would make players only play so they perform well and ruin the whole aspect of team-play. I agree it is frustrating when you dominate a game but a player or two causes a loss, but it would change the game into a stat hogging nightmare. You can impact a game heavily without putting up big numbers, and you can hurt a team despite having great numbers. If I were to suggest any changes, it would be to remove the almost every weekend of 2x or 3x worshippers. Along with the team worshipper boosts, you can easily get almost 100 worshippers a game, and this has broken any meaning to the worshipper system in my opinion. I had a friend who had 3 diamonds prior to the last 3x event, and by the time the event had finsihed he had 8......................He plays less than 3 hours a day..........

aloyti

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 14, 2017 7:42am | Report
@aloyti, this thread is from 4 years ago in 2013, during which time the worshipper system was indeed worse than the current one. Please check dates to avoid necroing in the future. The thread has been locked.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }