Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why is it players have trouble countering Loki?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why is it players have trouble countering Loki? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » March 8, 2014 12:05pm | Report
I mean, people seem to have a hell of a time trying to deal with him.

Is it because people waste their hard CC?

Is it because people don't build against him?

I'm just curious.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 8, 2014 12:17pm | Report
It's just hard to predict a Loki if you are playing solo.
Because of his insane burst in surprise, you must either build against him at least one item, get Aegis and time it right or stay in a team. And in the laning phase that's less possible.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 8, 2014 12:23pm | Report
I personally just either play safe, get wards far enough back to where his invis won't last long enough, or on a mage, build breastplate. It's really not hard imo. But people are very..narrowminded on builds. They want what they want, and won't adapt.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 8, 2014 1:05pm | Report
Because a fed Loki is nearly uncounterable. And whenever you see a Loki, someone usually feeds him.

Most of us, when we give advice, we're assuming we're facing a Loki with equal gold and levels. But often, when you see Loki, he's 2-3 levels higher and at least 1000 gold ahead.

Eh, the problem with this game is that it's difficult to counterplay anyone who is fed, and Loki is no exception.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 8, 2014 1:18pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Because a fed Loki is nearly uncounterable. And whenever you see a Loki, someone usually feeds him.

Most of us, when we give advice, we're assuming we're facing a Loki with equal gold and levels. But often, when you see Loki, he's 2-3 levels higher and at least 1000 gold ahead.

Eh, the problem with this game is that it's difficult to counterplay anyone who is fed, and Loki is no exception.

FALSE a fed loki is still coutnerable. you use the exact same counter techtics for a not fed loki. being aegis, breastplate, etc.

you make sure he dumps everything on the aegis nullifying his damage completely and then just make sure he can't hit your back or run.

in team fights a fed loki is not a threat because he just suicides into the enemy and tries to take someone with him because he will instantly die after it.
the reason most players don't know how to counter loki is because they are new. loki is the most hatefull god in the level grinders and we know it.

he is a pubstomp and redicoullesly easy to counter fed or not but the reason players don't know is because they simply do not look it up.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 8, 2014 1:53pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

FALSE a fed loki is still coutnerable. you use the exact same counter techtics for a not fed loki. being aegis, breastplate, etc.

you make sure he dumps everything on the aegis nullifying his damage completely and then just make sure he can't hit your back or run.

in team fights a fed loki is not a threat because he just suicides into the enemy and tries to take someone with him because he will instantly die after it.
the reason most players don't know how to counter loki is because they are new. loki is the most hatefull god in the level grinders and we know it.

he is a pubstomp and redicoullesly easy to counter fed or not but the reason players don't know is because they simply do not look it up.

Burst mages don't build defense items. That's stupid. What kind of drugs are you on? L2playnub. //endsarcasm.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 8, 2014 2:23pm | Report
not only that but the fact that people just can't find it that quickly. this you can't find trough a google search.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 8, 2014 6:09pm | Report
Loki is really blunt against warriors and tanks, even for squishy mages he cant do much other than play like a suicide bomber in a team fight. Very rarely we find awesome lokis around, usually infiltrator lokis r good. Hunters too have nice escapes so loki not that effective. Breastplate works awesome on mages but not meant for 1v1 fight with loki. This is where hide of nemeon lion comes in. Get early lead over him then build damage and crush him. Its from playing exprrience.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » March 9, 2014 1:18am | Report
Simple solution: Be Ah Muzen Cab. All of his abilities are awesome counters because his passive can reveal a cloaked Loki. Loki gonna focus you? Make a ring of honey around yourself and make sure its infested, it'll make Loki reconsider diving with his ult and risk taking a DoT to try and kill you.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 9, 2014 1:21am | Report
Nooot sure Ah Muzen Cab beats a Loki. I'm pretty sure I'll have 0 problem killing a hunter with 0 even REMOTE escapes, and 0 defensive stats to speak of, outside a mediocre health regen.

And while you can see the bees, maybe, your allies can't see the damage numbers, so he'll probably get away really safe after killing you.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }