Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which Gem works on Freya?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Which Gem works on Freya? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BluePenguinz » July 25, 2013 9:21pm | Report
Both the Gems, the Gem of Isolation and the Gem of Binding, slow your target by 25%. The Gem of Isolation doing so when they are hit by a damaging ability. The Gem of Binding slows when they are hit with a basic attack. Freya's skills are about changing and making her basic attacks stronger and her 2 counts as basic attacks, does that mean both gems would work the same way regardless?

BluePenguinz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 25, 2013 9:24pm | Report
Gem of Binding will make her sword-hits and pulse hits slow.
Gem of Isolation will make her pulse hits and ultimate hits slow.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BluePenguinz » July 25, 2013 9:31pm | Report

Gem of Binding will make her sword-hits and pulse hits slow.
Gem of Isolation will make her pulse hits and ultimate hits slow.

What if you use her 1 and 2? Does it still count as a pulse hit?

BluePenguinz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 25, 2013 10:13pm | Report
BluePenguinz wrote:

What if you use her 1 and 2? Does it still count as a pulse hit?

Yes. Let me rephrase it because I can see how it was a bit unclear.

Gem of Binding can be applied from her regular sword hits, her irradiated sword hits, pulsed hits, and irradiated + pulsed hits.

Gem of Isolation can be applied from her irradiated sword hits, pulsed hits, irradiated + pulsed hits, and Valkyrie's Discretion hits.

I'm not 100% sure about irradiated hits by themselves on either Gem, but due to the spell effect stating that her basic attacks deal magical damage, it leads me to believe they count as both basic attacks and abilities. Everything else I'm positive about.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 25, 2013 11:09pm | Report
I'm no genius but I have to say your incorrect on this one. Damaging abilities are like Valkyrie's Discretion and say Gungnir's Might. Her 1 and 2 both augment her basic attacks. So I have to say that Gem of Bnding works for her 1 and 2. While Gem of Isolation only works on Freya's ultimate.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 26, 2013 7:58am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I'm no genius but I have to say your incorrect on this one. Damaging abilities are like Valkyrie's Discretion and say Gungnir's Might. Her 1 and 2 both augment her basic attacks. So I have to say that Gem of Bnding works for her 1 and 2. While Gem of Isolation only works on Freya's ultimate.
No, Gem of Isolation applies the slow effect for any ability as long as it does damage any kind of damage (Do note that it works for both magical and physical damage). It affects all of her abilities except for her Banish since it does not do any damage upon hit.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 26, 2013 11:57am | Report
Yes I know that, but those aren't her abilities, they are her basic attacks. That's what gem of binding is for.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 26, 2013 12:04pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Yes I know that, but those aren't her abilities, they are her basic attacks. That's what gem of binding is for.

The thing is, her basic attacks with those buffs up count as both basic attacks and ability hits.

The only difference between the Gems for Freya is that Isolation doesn't slow on regular basic attacks (non-irradiated sword hits) and Binding doesn't slow on her ultimate hits.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 26, 2013 12:05pm | Report
WHERE ARE THE SMITE MYTHBUSTERS I DEMAND THEY SOLVE THIS!!!!!!!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kintastic » July 26, 2013 12:16pm | Report

The thing is, her basic attacks with those buffs up count as both basic attacks and ability hits.

The only difference between the Gems for Freya is that Isolation doesn't slow on regular basic attacks (non-irradiated sword hits) and Binding doesn't slow on her ultimate hits.

This would be the correct assessment to my understanding as well.

Kintastic

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }