Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Where is Elo H3ll And how do i get out

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Where is Elo H3ll And how do i get out 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 7, 2015 12:14am | Report
the start of the coaching part sounds more like calling the shots (at least this is what I see happening in LoL and Dota a lot mostly in the form of pings).

And yes a lot of people who believe in Elo Hell are like I gone 20-2-15 (remove the assists in a ton of cases as those were KS by other players for certain people and others don't care) making supports a pretty picked on role for them going 0-5-15.
still the game does nothing with this number and re-qualifying isn't going to help though.

Also with the flaming part be careful how hard you flame as you can get players to "tilt" making them play even worse.

And yeah I see some big mistakes no actives and god banning. (like with the 3 bans a team the last one is in the middle of picking so should be considered to counter certain comps and then you still see someone ban an adc while the other team picked an adc already.)

Still there is not much to agaisnt these players (IMO those are the players that got carried to their rank or still need to drop to a lower tier as they qualified to high (or are still qualifying)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Salehaza » September 7, 2015 2:08am | Report
meh. dropping the specific examples. I have one more argument for elo hell.

Variance..

You only have control over 1 variable of the entire equation, which is yourself and your skill level. You don't even control the roll you play or the bans you pick half the time

out of 10,000 silver players... lets say... 5000 belong in silver... 2500 qualified too high and need demotion. and 2500 belong in higher elo divisions but 1000 of those players get stuck in elo hell.

The argument "play more games and luck will even out, isolating your skill level" doesn't make sense... For the same reason that you can count cards and still lose in blackjack...

Just because you being on your team increases your win rate to 55-60%%. doesnt mean you'll ACTUALLY win 55-60% of your games...

it's possible that you can play 10,000 games and still be stuck flipping coins. I don't think anyone would argue with the massive luck factor in team decision... I'm at 320-350ish and have yet to climb out. This massive string of bad beat type games is what people mean by elo hell. And a large percentage of good players will undoubtedly get stuck playing 1000+ games before their skill starts to make up for bad variance.

TL:DR Just because the majority of people can climb out by playing more games, does not mean that everyone will get so lucky. For the people stuck in these situations, the elo hell is real

Salehaza

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 7, 2015 10:36am | Report
Salehaza wrote:

You only have control over 1 variable of the entire equation, which is yourself

And you will never be able to control more actually (unless the enemy does exactly what you want aka you are "controlling" the enemy indirect with your actions.)

well one of the problems which make people feel that Elo hell exist is the ranked system itself. And mostly because of the promotion match (I believe you have 1 in smite either win it or lose it menas if you need to restart climbing in TP again) lose it and you need to start over again win and you end up higher.

Even in LoL I see this problem with players playing really good but end up losing the promotion matches every time (because trolls DC whatever).

So yeah the number system DotA has is better IMO. Still the division part is more like real sports which should have made it more fun or more real life sport. (like my team played so well next year (being the next match in smite or LoL) we play a division higher)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Salehaza » September 7, 2015 6:42pm | Report
i don't like starting with 0 TP either. and 1-2 games lost is a demotion... you can get promoted... and demoted in 2 games from god knows what kind of craziness...

Salehaza

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 8, 2015 12:51am | Report
Salehaza wrote:

i don't like starting with 0 TP either. and 1-2 games lost is a demotion... you can get promoted... and demoted in 2 games from god knows what kind of craziness...

that's a bigger flaw then LoL ranked system. I believe you can't get demoted that easily just after promotion. as losing your promotion series you can regain some LP (if you won one you have higher LP) if you get promoted you are protected agaisnt demotion for X amount (I believe 3-5) of games.

and in a demotion you got to a lower tier and start with 75 LP and losing x games at 0 LP will end up in demoting you.

and you off course have the amount of points everyone get. in LoL and smite it depends on your elo and team elo. In dota too but it's the same for every person did you lose 25 the opponent gain 25 (unless they abandoned then they lose points too and 50 points are "destroyed" XD)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Salehaza » September 11, 2015 11:23pm | Report
finally got my promo yesterday... only to duo que with a buddy and get qualifiers 2 games in a row... then a dc in a game where the enemy team almost lost a 4v5 and didn't buy beads at 40 minutes, with an ares support.... Feeder apollo. Whiney feeding Khepri.. Poseiden thats always out of position and krakens the supports... meanwhile im sitting here picking off people trying to hard carry on a 6-2 kali when they have an 8 kill xbal at 10 minutes..

This matchmaking literally makes me hate the game... it makes it less enjoyable... i have to hard carry every single game i enter otherwise winning is impossible.. Their trueskill system is highly flawed... and Elo hell is the result of people getting matched when they are at a misrepresented elo from qualifying too high... I think we can all agree that even the best qualifiers dont deserve much higher than silver 5... but these people are ranking in golds and **** and then just losing 30 of their first 35 games because they got placed way too high... meanwhile were stuck with feeders who get top elo and think that they have an understanding of the game... Im considering e-mailing hi rez 10 games is not enough time to judge skill level.

Salehaza

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » September 11, 2015 11:58pm | Report
Got plat 2 on both of my accounts. From qualifying matches and such. Play Jungle or ADC. Then proceed to carry. Fenrir is my go to god for owning. Apollo is great for split pushing, along with his op passive. Pick a god that can do well early and even better late game.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 12, 2015 2:31am | Report

Got plat 2 on both of my accounts. From qualifying matches and such. Play Jungle or ADC. Then proceed to carry. Fenrir is my go to god for owning. Apollo is great for split pushing, along with his op passive. Pick a god that can do well early and even better late game.

nowadays you can't get over gold.

MM is always flawed every game uses 10 games. but the early elo/MMR adjustments are heavy that's one reason smite is actually calibrating till 35 games.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }