Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Would You Remove From Chronos?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Would You Remove From Chronos? 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 12:39am | Report
It seems to be agreed that Chronos' skills are very bloated. For example, his fat-as-jupiter passive, his Accelerate being Reach + Hastened Fatalis + Boots of Celerity, his two-second stun, and his spam skill.

Basically, my question is, what would you remove?

Personally, I think they should remove the movement speed bonus from his Accelerate entirely. He already has a ridiculously powerful self-buff, he doesn't need Boots of Celerity along his Hastened Fatalis.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 23, 2013 12:57am | Report
To be honest, I feel they should do a Sun Wukong and put Chronos' kit on someone else, and remake Chronos. This isn't based on balance, but moreso that I'm not convinced that this is the best they can do for a time based god.

But from a pure balancing perspective, I feel they should tone down the speed boost, and remove the attack speed buff and add it onto the passive somehow. Therefore, you must choose between extra burst or somewhat better DPS.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 23, 2013 1:37am | Report
roll back on all his previous nerf's. (insert duhn duhn duuuuuuhn music)
okay maybe not all the nerfs on his 2 because it used to be so overly speedy

and only mess with his 2. the reason he is OP is how good he can stick to people and having a get out of jail free ult.

chronos can be fixed with one nerf. take away his to "remove basic attack penalty" instead of him just not having his basic attack penalty removed just reduce his basic attack penalty.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 23, 2013 2:45am | Report
Quoted:
What Would You Remove From Chronos?

Yes.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 23, 2013 2:50am | Report
All4Games wrote:

roll back on all his previous nerf's. (insert duhn duhn duuuuuuhn music)
okay maybe not all the nerfs on his 2 because it used to be so overly speedy

and only mess with his 2. the reason he is OP is how good he can stick to people and having a get out of jail free ult.

chronos can be fixed with one nerf. take away his to "remove basic attack penalty" instead of him just not having his basic attack penalty removed just reduce his basic attack penalty.

this was my 1000 post.
WOO HOO
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 23, 2013 4:20am | Report
Chronos himself .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 23, 2013 5:02am | Report
The little blue ball of time(?)auto attacks. It's not that scary at all. And Chronos is scary. Doesn't fit him at all.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 23, 2013 3:07pm | Report
I think Chronos is in an okay place right now, personally. It sucks dealing with a good Chronos in arena when you have a bad, scattered team, and he's completely broken in Hoarder and Cup Runneth Over, but that's not what Smite is balanced around. He's been getting hit with the nerf stick consistently of late, and while there hasn't been one lethal blow, they are adding up.

If anything, I would make his ult take a tiny bit longer to activate. Or even better, I'd like him to not be immune to damage while he rewinds. If he rewinds to 8 seconds ago, he shouldn't instantly heal damage he took 7 seconds ago. He should reheal that damage when he gets to his 7 seconds ago position. He would still heal off any damage that you do to him while he's rewinding assuming he lives, but this would make it easier to burst him down when he ults to escape.

He's an easy camp and easy kill throughout most of a conquest game, people just let hyper-carries be and complain when they destroy them later.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 3:10pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

I think Chronos is in an okay place right now, personally. It sucks dealing with a good Chronos in arena when you have a bad, scattered team, and he's completely broken in Hoarder and Cup Runneth Over, but that's not what Smite is balanced around. He's been getting hit with the nerf stick consistently of late, and while there hasn't been one lethal blow, they are adding up.

If anything, I would make his ult take a tiny bit longer to activate. Or even better, I'd like him to not be immune to damage while he rewinds. If he rewinds to 8 seconds ago, he shouldn't instantly heal damage he took 7 seconds ago. He should reheal that damage when he gets to his 7 seconds ago position. He would still heal off any damage that you do to him while he's rewinding assuming he lives, but this would make it easier to burst him down when he ults to escape.

He's an easy camp and easy kill throughout most of a conquest game, people just let hyper-carries be and complain when they destroy them later.

I play Artemis. I am okay with hyper carries. The problem is, there is no "carrying." He has a two second stun that destroys melee characters, his waveclear isn't great but isn't as bad as, say, Artemis'. His rewind is essentially a Get Out of Jail card if he screws up, and his accelerate is better than every self buff in the game. Seriously, Artemis needs a support-tank to babysit, but you see Chronos go in mid and solo roles, because he can handle it.

I am okay with hyper carries. I am not okay with hyper not-carries.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 23, 2013 3:20pm | Report
His killing potential is extremely low for the first twenty minutes though. His stun makes him annoying, but someone like Tyr (a relatively common melee solo matchup,) can eat the stun, heal off the wave and keep going. And that's assuming you're letting him hit you and the wave with his stun. If he stuns you instead of the wave, you can push him back to tower where he'll lose gold. If Tyr catches Chronos with a full combo, the Chronos just got completely chunked. With any kind of gank he'll die in the process. Chronos beats melees like Guan, but that's what counter picks are.

I don't really know the matchup from a mage perspective, but it seems to me like most can out push and out poke him. Again, how is he supposed to kill you early without a gank or you getting way out of position?

He's hard to 1v1 and kill, but so is any duelist god. Get some help from the jungler and he falls behind. Once he's behind he's not a threat at all outside of his stun in team fights. Compare that to a hyper carry like He Bo who can fall behind three levels and still one shot carries and 100-0 bruisers late game. There are bigger problems than Chronos in the game.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I see way more Chronos's who feed than I see that carry. He's not played a ton at the highest levels either. He's dangerous, but counterable. Just focus him early.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }