Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What does Artemis need?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What does Artemis need? 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 6, 2013 11:15pm | Report
We all know that with the addition of newer Gods, Artemis continues to lose her fame as a playable Goddess. She becomes increasingly less viable because there are better Gods, like the CC-ridden ***** Neith.

So the question is, what does Artemis need to fill the void and bring her back to fame? What is she missing?

Before I go into my opinion, allow me to explain this and Sunfall can agree with me here: Artemis is a hyper-carry. Unlike most carries, she doesn't scale as much during early and mid game but during late game she scales at such a rate that in a fight she will have the upper hand in raw AD and DPS. She does not compare to most other AD's early game, with Gods such as Xbalanque having the most OP and insane early game known to man, woman, and sheep, as well as the ***** I mentioned above (Neith) having so much CC up her *** that it's hard to keep her in one place enough to deal damage unless you have a hell of a lot of CC yourself. That is something that Artemis lacks. Crowd Control.

So here are my thoughts, and Ragingstorm has been talking with me about this. She needs additional CC, because her AD is just fine and we don't want to push her over the OP limit. Transgressors Fate is one such place that could be altered, but how? Increased range could be nice, but could CC be added to it? Maybe, lifesteal, or a residual slow? Something could be added, but as to what I couldn't tell you.

Another thought is a slight change to Vengeful Assault. I say slight because a large or even moderate change would definitely overpower her, seeing as in late game you pop this in a fight and you absolutely have the upper hand, especially if you build lifesteal and crit chance (as my build does, check it out). What could be added to that, maybe a phys. protection debuff?

If that doesn't work, then what does? I'm sure that there's plenty of opinion on could be done to change Artemis in the right direction. So what are your thoughts? Feel free to tell and maybe we can restore Artemis to her former glory.

I should also mention that, even though she's losing fame, she could kick Bacchus' *** anyday. Why? Because his damage sucks and I really feel like dissing on Bacchus today.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » May 6, 2013 11:32pm | Report
I agree! They should really think of bumping up art just like with that kali balance! And somehow I think you quoted ComicGuy with that "should also mention that, even though she's losing fame, she could kick Bacchus' *** anyday. Why? Because his damage sucks and I really feel like dissing on Bacchus today." XD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 6, 2013 11:35pm | Report
Quoted Comicman? No no, I would never do so.

Kali got balanced for the opposite reason, in that her late game was slacking. Artemis, on the other hand, has a slacking early game unless you either play her right or are up against a squishy mage who really doesn't understand that you can wreck their **** (ex. A-Noobis).

That's something else to consider. Could a more balanced scaling throughout the game be essential? There are plenty of options here.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » May 6, 2013 11:38pm | Report
I see what you mean there. I really hope they do something with art tho, she was the first god I played and shes one of the best classic gods in my opinion.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 6, 2013 11:44pm | Report
It's necessary for them to change her, because if not than if it weren't for the fact that she's the first ranged AD (unless you bought gems or got the Ult God Pack, you get the point) that people play than she will see minimal use. I can imagine she's not seen much in Ranked, which I haven't touched since I'm not the best player.

Damn right she's one of the classic Gods, I love playing her. Her AD is undeniably strong and even if the player is being ****ped on their late game is going to be game changing. She has so much to offer to the field, with a (mostly free) ward/trap, an attack/slow that dominates in lane, a damage buff that gives the ultimate upper hand in a 1v1, and an Ult that not only makes for a great initiator but can completely change the tides in a game.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 6, 2013 11:48pm | Report
Well, let me explain this about Artemis.
1) Xbal, Anhur and Neith are straight up better than her, they have the damage and the CC, but they also have leaps and a dash. That makes a huge difference, they are a lot less risky and powerfull early and midgame, and lategame it is still not much of a difference. That is the main reason I think.
2) The goddes of hunt has no escape, that is stupid. I watched a tourney and the lane that Artemis was in was like this:
Artemis-Guan Yu, Sobek-Cupid, the first ten minutes Cupid was already crazy fed because Artemis couldn't escape them.
3) Ult is ok, but there are much better ones (Neith, Anhur) or better teamfight ones (Cupid, Xbal)
4) No CC except her traps that no one cares about and her ult that she can't target, it goes where it wants
5) This is is the most important one, Neith and Freya look much hotter xD
Btw Bacchus kicks her ***

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 6, 2013 11:55pm | Report
1. They have the damage early game, which certainly makes a difference. CC-wise everyone beats her there. Late game she WILL have the advantage in AD because that is when she shines.
2. That is a problem with her, unless you can learn to use her 1 very well or if you don't mind wasting her Ult, then she has no escapes.
3. I'd say that her Ult is on par. Anhur's requires specific things to have happened (ex. a stunned enemy) to use to its max, while Neith's is great but leaves her vulnerable. Cupid's and Xbal's beat her in some ways, but not damage-wise.
4. That's my main problem, her lack of CC. Don't say that no one cares, because unless I'm a nobody then that's overgeneralization (which is fallacy) and in some circles that's a big no-no.
5. Neith and Freya are ****s, let's be honest. Also, they're characters in a game, so as far as whether or not someone should fap to them, I could care less.
Like hell he does.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » May 7, 2013 1:18am | Report
no jump isint such a big deal if u play smart just always run away in jungle people tend to fall in the 1 then
but she does need a tweek just not sure how xD

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 7, 2013 1:26am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

1. They have the damage early game, which certainly makes a difference. CC-wise everyone beats her there. Late game she WILL have the advantage in AD because that is when she shines.
2. That is a problem with her, unless you can learn to use her 1 very well or if you don't mind wasting her Ult, then she has no escapes.
3. I'd say that her Ult is on par. Anhur's requires specific things to have happened (ex. a stunned enemy) to use to its max, while Neith's is great but leaves her vulnerable. Cupid's and Xbal's beat her in some ways, but not damage-wise.
4. That's my main problem, her lack of CC. Don't say that no one cares, because unless I'm a nobody then that's overgeneralization (which is fallacy) and in some circles that's a big no-no.
5. Neith and Freya are ****s, let's be honest. Also, they're characters in a game, so as far as whether or not someone should fap to them, I could care less.
Like hell he does.

1) She won't have it, because there is always a way to there. If you don't manage to get really fed with her early and mid game will suck and your endgame will be ruined
2) Agees, but I hate needing to waste my ult to escape
3) Yeah, ults are kinda hard to compare
4) Yeah, kinda
5) No comment

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 7, 2013 1:28am | Report
loopyman wrote:

no jump isint such a big deal if u play smart just always run away in jungle people tend to fall in the 1 then
but she does need a tweek just not sure how xD

Jumps give utility, I would might use Artemis if she had ANY utility

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }