Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Twitch streams on smitefire main page...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Twitch streams on smitefire main page... 41 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 30, 2013 10:25am | Report
Not wrong, I would normally go watch streams on twitch if I wanted to watch streams. And I do actively check everyone's posts using the tabs, so much lag. But I also do understand that smite fire wants to promote themselves on the website
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jephers0n » May 30, 2013 10:37am | Report
coldhotshot wrote:

Not wrong, I would normally go watch streams on twitch if I wanted to watch streams. And I do actively check everyone's posts using the tabs, so much lag. But I also do understand that smite fire wants to promote themselves on the website

That is understandable, but I can see many other options for them to do so, instead of forcing the streams. A large ad of some sort instead of the always active streams would be a much better idea, and result in less people screwing their bandwidth without even noticing it.

If I go over my download cap, monthly, I have to pay more money. In essence, I'm now paying because I use smitefire. Based on that factor, they are literally screwing me out of my up/download limit per month for each time I opened a window before realising the bloody streams were there.

BAD business practice, IMO.

jephers0n

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 31, 2013 1:52am | Report

there is an option XD
didn't you look? :p

also its sad that you made an account for this, you should instead have made this account to talk about guides on this site, and discuss a bit.

Hardly sad that he made an account for one comment. It's people like them that keep SmiteFire alive. Also, it increase the amount of accounts made for SmiteFire.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » May 31, 2013 3:27am | Report
Aye, we need more people to quit lurking and make accounts, so they can have their opinions heard.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jephers0n » June 1, 2013 7:50am | Report
Nogglez wrote:

Aye, we need more people to quit lurking and make accounts, so they can have their opinions heard.

Very true, especially when this topic is kind of important. I'd rather not hit my download cap due to streams I'm not actually trying to watch.

When I have constructive things to say about builds/guides, I'll definitely post them. As per the first response in this thread, would you rather every user just patted each other on the back regarding builds, or guides, rather than posting worthwhile constructive criticism? That's what it would imply he meant.

Quality over quantity shouldn't be chastised. It's that simple.

jephers0n

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » June 1, 2013 8:26am | Report
Hey I lurked for 5 god patchs. Didn't feel the need to type

Other guides:

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jephers0n » June 1, 2013 9:06am | Report
coldhotshot wrote:

Hey I lurked for 5 god patchs. Didn't feel the need to type

Exactly! I mean, for me it's a bit longer (started with smite last August), but I didn't feel I had many constructive things to say, up until now.

jephers0n

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » June 1, 2013 11:41am | Report
I mean nothing was going on except x person's rage....

Other guides:

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jephers0n » June 2, 2013 8:18am | Report
coldhotshot wrote:

I mean nothing was going on except x person's rage....

Wait, you mean I'm raging with this thread or others?

I think smitefire should just make a toggle for the stream for registered users. That way they still get to promote their stream to guests who may not know about it. On the other hand, registered users can turn it off if they choose.

Could work out nicely, cut down on lag loading pages, and as an aside, expand the smitefire user base.

jephers0n

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » June 2, 2013 8:58am | Report
he's talking about someone who long left the site, just go look at the oldest posts on here. It's most likely his XD (or some of the locked threads or because of him)

why he put X instead of his name, is because it's he-who-shall-not-be-named XD

also, I like that idea, I'll tell some people about this :p
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }