Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

To be young again...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » To be young again... 31 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 15, 2013 3:48pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

That's the problem when I think about smurfing. Plus, I've suffered that on Guild Wars 2: I created a new Character, but I can't really enjoy playing like in the first time. I feel sad by deleting my old character. :|

Oh well, my memories of early Smite... I guess my more remarkable memory is to get my butt kicked by a Smurf He Bo. haha. Really, if it wasn't THAT guy, I would not dedicate myself to Middle Laning. When I lost to him, I thought: ''I MUST KICK THAT GUY'S BUTT. AND I'LL LEARN HOW TO MASTER AO KUANG.''

And that's what I became. k

I wonder if one of my smurfed victims would try to get back at me like that? :D
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 15, 2013 9:51pm | Report
Good old times :)

Only ran around with Ymir 98% of the games, mostly buying Rage and Deathbringer. Where blink wasn't there and noone bought blink in the first place. I played Ymir 98% of the time till lvl 28 because I wanted to master him. Now I can't play assassins at all.. :D

And I remember the shivering when a new god was announced ( I don't remember, but I think my first new god released was Poseidon or something before).

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 10:55pm | Report
Vaeldyn wrote:

Good old times :)

Only ran around with Ymir 98% of the games, mostly buying Rage and Deathbringer. Where blink wasn't there and noone bought blink in the first place. I played Ymir 98% of the time till lvl 28 because I wanted to master him. Now I can't play assassins at all.. :D

And I remember the shivering when a new god was announced ( I don't remember, but I think my first new god released was Poseidon or something before).

Not trying to rain on your parade, but Ymir is a magical tank, who isn't an assassin and can't use Rage or Deathbringer.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 15, 2013 11:11pm | Report
Not trying to rain on your parade, but this was the *first* game introduction into smite, and he used to be able to. The separation of physical and magical happened relatively recently. Facepunch Ymir with Deathbringer was a thing.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 15, 2013 11:16pm | Report
Vaeldyn wrote:

You have not known true fear until you have witnessed the terror that was Release Day Guan Yu.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 16, 2013 12:03am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

You have not known true fear until you have witnessed the terror that was Release Day Guan Yu.

Sadly no (sadly?^^). But I remember the release of Hercules. That was fun :D

Ghraf wrote:

Not trying to rain on your parade, but Ymir is a magical tank, who isn't an assassin and can't use Rage or Deathbringer.

There was a time where everyone could buy every item and every magical god had physical basicattacks ;)
MotD with only Poseidon --> Physical Pos!!

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 16, 2013 2:04am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Not trying to rain on your parade, but this was the *first* game introduction into smite, and he used to be able to. The separation of physical and magical happened relatively recently. Facepunch Ymir with Deathbringer was a thing.

I see. For some reason I'm thinking I actually remember being able to buy everything now too. Crit build Ymir would be terrifying.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 16, 2013 2:21am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I see. For some reason I'm thinking I actually remember being able to buy everything now too. Crit build Ymir would be terrifying.

It was, until they nerfed the attack speed of tanks across the board. At that point it became more of a novelty since you probably wouldn't get too many hits off, and most players would probably prefer you to be their dedicated tank.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 16, 2013 2:33am | Report
On the Guan Yu note; I recently ran across the first skill stats. All the trauma!
Quoted:

Passive – Fortified Defense Guan Yu gains +20 physical and magical protection when he is near friendly or enemy structures.

Tranquil Gift Guan Yu’s tranquil leadership is infectious and, when focused, heals himself and his allies for 50/85/120/155/190 (+50% of your magical power). Healing friendly gods reduces all cooldowns by 2s. Cost – 50/60/70/80/90 mana. Cooldown – 6s.

Warrior’s Will Guan Yu charges forward, his Green Dragon Crescent Blade extended in front of him. After passing through the area, enemies are damaged for 90/150/210/270/330 (+60% of your magical power) magical damage and slowed by 25% for 2s. Hitting enemy gods lowers all cooldowns by 2s. Cost – 50/60/70/80/90 mana. Cooldown – 6s.

Taolu Assault Guan Yu spins his blade in a controlled but furious display, slicing enemies for 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% of your magical power) magical damage every .4s for 4s. Each hit debuffs the enemies protections by 10 while buffing Guan Yu the same amount, up to 30, for 3s. Guan Yu is immune to knockback for the duration. Cost – 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown – 13s.

Tactician’s Advantage Guan Yu attacks 3 times. Enemies hit take damage of 100/125/150/175/200 (+30% of your magical power) magical damage and are slowed by 25% for 2s. Enemies hit a 2nd time take damage +50% and are silenced for 2s. Enemies hit a 3rd time take damage +100% and are stunned for 2s. Guan Yu is immune to crowd control for the duration. Cost – 80/90/100/110/120 mana. Cooldown – 90s.

On-top: my best "young smité" experience was when I met my main man, Porz, in-game. We duo'd as Hercules - Anhur and obliberated. (back when jungle wasn't a thing - ofcourse). Since it was the first friend I had in Smite we built up amazing chemistry and, at the time, wrecked everything without teamspeak at first. Later on we built the clan En Stars, recruited more buddies, did 2 tournaments and disbanded. But we still play together daily, 1 year later.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 16, 2013 2:47am | Report
All I remember of pre-level 30 is Arachne.

The only reason I only played Arachne pre-level 30 was because of this video (was the first time I ever saw the game):

This video is also the reason I hate He Bo

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }