Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

To be young again...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » To be young again... 31 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 15, 2013 6:52am | Report
Do you remember the days where you first started Smite? Where you just fumble around with the controls. Reading your skill window while in the middle of a brawl in arena? Panicking what skill to use. Being owned by a smurfer...

Tell me your stories! Because I forgot mine...
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 15, 2013 7:34am | Report
1st god I played was Isis(she was in the free rotation).

I was throwing my 2 at the enemies and wondering why the hell does it do no damage on the enemies it passed through. Same with my 3 and ultimate (I wasn't detonating it).

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 7:35am | Report
I remember golden days of balanced matches on a regular basis. A land where you did not have to live in fear of the other team queuing only top tier god picks, while four people on your team are all calling jungle at the same time and refusing to do anything else. A time where you could try a new god out without three people insulting you in four different languages, none of them being English, because your k/d wasn't 10000/1.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 15, 2013 7:54am | Report
Coming from years of MMO gaming, I hardly had to adjust myself at all to the controls. However, I learned the hard way that minions can pack quite quick the punch. It also took me forever to realize that towers focused you even if you entered its range after minions if you attacked an enemy god. Like...it took me way too long to realize that...

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 15, 2013 9:04am | Report
The account I'm using now wasn't mine. The owner had played up to 30 before I even started. So my first games were plagued by screaming, reports, "uninstall noob", "WTF your not level 30" etc etc.

I'm glad, in a way, since I got to skip most of the learning process. I did meet a few helpful players who told me what to do, like never buy meditation and sprint, not using autobuy, the mechanics of the game, and other subtitles that aren't very well-explained. One of them even introduced me to this site.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 15, 2013 11:10am | Report
Basically, I had already played LoL since beta, and my friend had heard my ramblings every now and then how the game's too focused on farm and not straight up skill. He told me about SMITE, and how it was entirely 3rd person, but still a moba, and I was really confused, but I downloaded it, and he queued us for a game.

Now realize how intricate the AI system is in league - both a beginner and an intermediate mode for every game type save ARAM. So I expected us to join bots when I played with him, but he queud us immediately for an assault. And when I realized my level 1 self with no idea what was going on was going to be facing other people, I nearly ****ped myself.

I ended up going 9-6-something as Poseidon with autobuy and autoskill on, and loved it. It was the biggest rush I'd gotten, being in something 100% new and having to rely on landing skillshots 100% of the time, and learning to dodge them.

Fastfoward, we queue for a conquest. I go long lane with my friend, Poseidon and Ao Kuang. We had our mid lane Apollo DC, but we were facing something like an Apollo and Guan Yu. Through passive play (mostly from being scared and having 0 idea what they do) we got to level 5 and started to dominate lane through our ultimates. Fast forward about an hour and 40 minutes, the enemy lost every tower, 2 phoenixes, and surrenders, because my friend and I were such hypercarries that no one could take us head on, not even the enemy Loki! This was the second game I played, and I had taken off autobuy. My build was something like Boots, Breastplate of Valor, Gem of Isolation, Polynomicon, Rod of Tahuti, and Ethereal Staff (because the Loki scared me).

So yeah, I literally gained 71 worshippers from that one match.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, you just asked for the story, so there's mine. The rest is history, I played for a few more months, found smitefire eventually, and now I'm here :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 15, 2013 11:25am | Report
Pfft I played since closed beta, get on mg level. Jk Anyway, I got into smite by just seeing gameplay it was the first game I was deeply interested to. I got a beta key and went my first match as sun wukong(old one). Used my jump to kill minions and all that junk, but I loved it so much I kept playing it, until 1 day, I got paid and bought the god pack.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 15, 2013 11:38am | Report
The bad part is when everything is not "new" anymore.
The best feeling is when you learn things, understand something, realize how much damage a god does or what items to pick/what you can do.

The game feels new and because you don't know the map/gods yet this "newness" makes smite look different then when it gets old and you are used to it.

I don't know, I remember the old days with "happy new year" and the old maps, the whole idea/look of smite felt much better when it was newer.

Now its just a dark/depression of oldness until a new god comes out :D

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 15, 2013 11:54am | Report
ICEN wrote:

The bad part is when everything is not "new" anymore.

That's the problem when I think about smurfing. Plus, I've suffered that on Guild Wars 2: I created a new Character, but I can't really enjoy playing like in the first time. I feel sad by deleting my old character. :|

Oh well, my memories of early Smite... I guess my more remarkable memory is to get my butt kicked by a Smurf He Bo. haha. Really, if it wasn't THAT guy, I would not dedicate myself to Middle Laning. When I lost to him, I thought: ''I MUST KICK THAT GUY'S BUTT. AND I'LL LEARN HOW TO MASTER AO KUANG.''

And that's what I became. k

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 15, 2013 1:37pm | Report
I played LoL for a little bit. Not a whole lot because I wasn't a big fan of it, but enough to where I was used to the play style of conquest, so it wasn't too hard for me to pick up. I also specifically tried out Smite because I prefer playing games like this or RPGs in the third person view and having to skill shot my attacks.

I think the first god I ever played was Artemis, but the first god I ever fell in love with playing and mained was Anhur. He was on free rotation, and I had so much fun playing and learning him. Nowadays, I rarely play him anymore, considering I play Assault, and he's pretty much lost the fun factor I used to have with him.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }