Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

To All of You Who hate "Oversexualized" Gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » To All of You Who hate "Oversexualized" Gods 31 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » March 22, 2014 2:20pm | Report
I thought of this long ago. And it's why I shrug at all the ""Goddess's are ****ty!!" threads.. Gimme a break, if anything Hi-Rez is taking it easy on the sexualization.

Psh. Hi-rez could just slap a 17+ rating on this ****. Reskin aphro to be bare-chested. Booya!

And oh yeah! inb4whiteknights

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by renegat18 » March 22, 2014 3:47pm | Report
yes but why they always have big boobs? The only time a woman have a small chest is when they are minor(like scylla). I don't care about breast size but sometime its fun a normal size.

renegat18

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » March 22, 2014 4:42pm | Report
renegat18 wrote:

yes but why they always have big boobs? The only time a woman have a small chest is when they are minor(like scylla). I don't care about breast size but sometime its fun a normal size.

I don't think that neith and kali has enhanced boobs, they are just normal and aphrodite is the goddess of beauty, so kinda justified.

Keari

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 22, 2014 5:27pm | Report
Alright, I really don't want to repeat myself.

This topic has been discussed multiple times. And the video has nothing I haven't heard before. It just rehashes the old arguments, like "original depiction is more explicit."

My response to that is yes. Yes, traditional works are usually more explicit. I know that. That's pretty obvious. (Seriously, the amount of times I've heard this same old argument make my head want to explode.)

Here's my counterpoint: If we follow that depiction, well, shouldn't EVERYONE be more sexualized? After all, it's not just Kali and Freya who are nude in lore. Loki was a bestiality-hermaphrodite and Zeus was a rapist and Freya slept with multiple dwarf brother to get her shiny necklace. Luckily for us, Smite has used some artistic license to depict things in a, well, more tasteful way.

My problem with sexualization is the double standard at work here. If Thor can turn from this to this, then you can afford to put more clothes on the goddesses, right?

tl;dr: If gods are "covered up" in a sensible and tasteful manner, why can't you do the same for goddesses?

I know. It's just business. I understand that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, or advocate it.

(Lastly, for the people who point out Aphrodite and other sex gods, please, I'm talking about the gods in general. I welcome exceptions like Aphrodite. I don't want to see Smite - [Religion-That-Doesn't-Like-Sexuality-Here] edition. I'm not saying sexualization is bad. Okay?)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » March 22, 2014 5:44pm | Report
so basically you want everyone to be nude

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 22, 2014 5:44pm | Report
I think people look into the sexualization of this game way too much. It's a pretty sad state in society when we consider a girl even remotely revealing to be a **** or as being degrading. Granted, it's a lot more "tasteful" for a female to be fairly covered up, just as it is for a male, but most people who see a guy walking down the street with his shirt off don't even take a second glance to register that fact, while if people see a woman walking down the street in a belly shirt and/or short shorts, clearly not revealing anything that could be considered her being in the nude, many people may think something regarding that.

Like he stated in the video, and that has been stated so many times, the older depictions are a lot more revealing to the point where a lot of them wore no clothing. This was because they didn't see the female body entirely the same way we do now. They viewed a woman's body as a beautiful part of her. We do the same these days, but in a different way, obviously. They didn't see it as shameful for a woman to be revealing with her body, but then, neither did they for the males. Times have changed a lot since then, but I still agree with the video that HiRez has, for the most part, done a very good job in depicting the goddesses in the way that they had been depicted for a long time now, while adding a little bit of their own spin to the character. Sure, plenty of the goddesses have a different spin on them that are sexualized in their own way (Ms. Diagnosis Neith, for example), but for the most part, I don't think HiRez oversexualizes the game too much.

By the way, plenty of male gods are "sexualized" as well. Just because we don't get particular arousals from really buff, shirtless males, doesn't mean they're not sexualized.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 22, 2014 5:49pm | Report

so basically you want everyone to be nude

You missed when I said "after seeing this, I wish Aphro got her leggings and long hair back"
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » March 22, 2014 5:53pm | Report
I was replying to sub ;P

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 22, 2014 5:57pm | Report
@Swampmist: When did I say that? No, seriously, quote me. When did I say that?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » March 22, 2014 5:58pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Freya slept with multiple dwarf brother to get her shiny necklace.

Ah, that's why her passive gives 10% wifesteal (or husbandsteal?)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }