Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tier List?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tier List? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Perplex » July 27, 2013 4:50pm | Report
I just started playing, and got enough Favor to buy a God or two. I pretty much play all the roles, I just don't want to buy a bunch of bad Gods at first.

I also mainly play conquest. can anyone list 3-4 Gods that are pretty good for each role?

Perplex

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PowaManG » July 27, 2013 5:10pm | Report
Carries: Anhur, Neith, Apollo.

Mages: Poseidon, Agni, He Bo, Chronos, Isis.

Tank: Guan Yu, Odin, Athena, Sobek, Bacchus.

Bruisers/Assasins: Thor, Hercules, Fenrir, Freya, Hun Batz.

Not sure what the free god rotation is for you, but those are the top tier gods for competitive play.

Rep+ if I helped :)

PowaManG

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 27, 2013 5:11pm | Report
Mage: Chang'E, Poseidon, Zeus, Ao Kuang, He Bo, Chronos
Assassin: Loki, Ne Zha, Fenrir
Bruiser: Thor, Hercules
Tank: Odin, Bacchus, Sobek
Ranged Carry: Anhur, Apollo, Neith
Support: Chang'E, Aphrodite, Ymir, Athena
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Perplex » July 27, 2013 5:11pm | Report
Is Hel an carry or a support? And is she good?

Also who is probably better to start with He Bo or Poseidon?

Perplex

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 27, 2013 5:21pm | Report
Hel is a support, but no she is not good. Just overall not good scaling and falls off late game.

Poseidon is better to start with - he's easier by far and much less squishy, with an easier to use escape mechanic with his speed buff.

Just ALWAYS buy gem of isolation (for his whirlpool) and you will do fine
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Perplex » July 27, 2013 6:27pm | Report
Is Poseidon probably one of the better casters to carry with? His ult seems pretty amazing if you land it.

I'm debating between Poseidon, Thor, and Fenrir. I'd like to be able to "carry" though. I don't want to be a 5-2-13 Ymir and not be able to do to much >.< (even though Ymir is probably my favorite character so far.)

Perplex

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » July 27, 2013 7:02pm | Report
Poseidon is your best pick then.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 27, 2013 7:05pm | Report
Yes, poseidon is your best bet. With a partner who is similar to Ares, Odin, Hades, etc, where you can ult an entire team, you will get many triple/quadra kills
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 27, 2013 7:30pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Hel is a support, but no she is not good. Just overall not good scaling and falls off late game.

Poseidon is better to start with - he's easier by far and much less squishy, with an easier to use escape mechanic with his speed buff.

Just ALWAYS buy gem of isolation (for his whirlpool) and you will do fine

Her scaling is fairly good: 80% and 60% on both of her damage/healing spells (though not exactly amazing). She's actually better late game when she has a good build going, which gives her low cooldowns, high nuke damage, effective heals, and enough defense to survive focus long enough to get receive help from teammates. Honestly her worst problem is how incredibly unsafe her farming is due to the close range on her Repulse and the fact that it puts Inspire on half cooldown. Her second worst problem is the shared cooldowns in itself. She also requires some of the best positioning in the game.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 27, 2013 7:54pm | Report

Her scaling is fairly good: 80% and 60% on both of her damage/healing spells (though not exactly amazing). She's actually better late game when she has a good build going, which gives her low cooldowns, high nuke damage, effective heals, and enough defense to survive focus long enough to get receive help from teammates. Honestly her worst problem is how incredibly unsafe her farming is due to the close range on her Repulse and the fact that it puts Inspire on half cooldown. Her second worst problem is the shared cooldowns in itself. She also requires some of the best positioning in the game.

I can understand this PoV coming from someone who wrote an indepth hel guide, but no, the scaling is very mediocre, and her teamfight presence is passive at best, lest she get nuked. She has no 'nuke' you speak of, good heals, but that's it. She is far outclassed by people like aphro and chang'e.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }