Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Problem with Chang'e

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The Problem with Chang'e 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 6:14pm | Report
Firstly, I want to clear one thing: I want Chang'e to be a support goddess. With that in mind, please read.

I think HiRez is going the wrong way with Chang'e. The problem with her healing was that it was weak, especially when it dealt no damage, and healed less than other abilities like Repulse and Love Birds. They changed her 3 into a damage/heal skill, which brings her one step closer to a mage than a support, if that makes any sense.

Don't get me wrong - she needed a buff. But I think they should focus less on damage and more on the support role.

For instance, she had (or still has) a bunch of very weak buffs. Why on earth would 30 physical protection make a huge difference? If anything, I think they should focus on her buffs. Buff her buffs.

Maybe remove the damage from her 3, and make it give a buff, rather than a debuff. It would make a bit more sense, since you would only rarely go up in your enemy's face to deprive them of healing. I think a fine balance change would be removing the speed from Hel's heal and giving it to Chang'e.

Also, I think they should step up the healing. If Chang'e sacrificing damage for healing, it makes sense that she should heal more, right?

Heck, if you're worried about damage, then you could just nerf her ultimate and buff her 1.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 23, 2013 6:45pm | Report
I think I'm pretty much with you. Every time I play Chang'e, I want to play her as support. That's just the play style I've grown to enjoy while playing her, especially when I'm playing Assault or Arena so I can benefit my entire team, rather than just myself and one other person I may be laning with. I actually have fun playing mostly support as her. I might pick up some kills at times, which is great too.

I know a lot of people agreed with giving her 3 damage because, like you said, it makes her more of a mage than a support, allowing her to decently push, but honestly, like I said, I prefer her as a support, so I never thought Chang'e was really an effective choice to push anyway. Even now, though I haven't tried her much since the patch, she may (or may not) be able to push fine, but I still think she shines the most playing support, at least the way I play her, others may do a lot better of a job playing her more offensively.

I would definitely like to see Chang'e be focused more as a support role in terms of her abilities and what all they do.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 23, 2013 7:31pm | Report
Hi-Rez is stupid -.-

I have nothing else to say
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 23, 2013 9:06pm | Report
Danny you are a simple but intelligent man.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 24, 2013 1:27am | Report
I agree , this "buff" was really not needed (I still find it more like a nerf) .

If I would be working at Hi-rez I would get her cooldown on her 1 back to 4s , remove the damage on her 3 , buff her 3's heal just a bit and bring back the 50% heal bonus for any ally in the area .

Of course , now that her 3 makes some bit of damage too she doesn't have just one damaging ability , which is good , and I feel more encouraged to hit an enemy healer with it debuffing his heal by 50% .

I liked the old Chang'e more either way .
Hell , I still try to get as many allies in my heal even if they are full hp because i'm used to getting more hp for more allies healed even though now that thing is no longer available .

That OR give her 3's "passive" back in a way that her 3 will heal her and allies more for any ally in its area and deal more damage for any enemy in the area .That would solve her low heal issue and her 3 will deal more damage than it does .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » November 24, 2013 4:09am | Report
I miss getting all of my team in a heal for a massive boost to myself, it was an excellent way to make people play chang'e support. That said, she's great at distracting enemy gods / saving your team from attacks, so I still think she's a darn good support. She just has abit more "oomph" now and is a little easier to level up.

I honestly disagree about reducing the damage on the ult - It's the stun that is deadly. Chang'e base damage is low comparitive to more "pure" mages like Ao or Ra, that can hit 1k+ with their ults. I think the amount of stun should be capped to around 3 seconds, but thats as far as it goes imo.

The amount she can heal is actually very decent on a CDR build with magic power, getting out 200+ healing every couple of seconds is very nice imo. The difference is she can heal EVERYONE unlike aphrodite, and hel seems built more as a support than chang'e, hence her higher healing.

I honestly think she's pretty good where she's at. Admittedly her buff on her one is completely useless, and the healing debuff on her 3 will very rarely be of use [abit more relevant now that it can be used offensively though.] But alot of gods have useless skills, so meh.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 24, 2013 4:22am | Report
Hel has literally all useful skills, can deal insane amounts of damage, and have better waveclear AND healing than Chang'e. Oh, and her sustain is better too, since she can just sit there and wait for her mana to regen. She's not a support, she's a mage who can also support really well.

Aphrodite is also a better support, since her healing can waveclear at the same time, deal good damage, heal a LOT, and being limited doesn't matter since you'll be in lane with one partner, tops. Also, more CC and a damage boost to her carry, while Chang'e gets a useless physical protection buff and a heal debuff.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 24, 2013 10:30am | Report
I was watching a stream where Hi-Rez was saying things like
"next patch is in about 10 days"
and another thing I seen was Hi-Rez said "Change Nerf coming"

I don't know if they were trolling through in the stream

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 24, 2013 10:58am | Report
erez would have made a monkey face if he would be kidding.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 24, 2013 11:04am | Report
ICEN wrote:

They we're not trolling .Some guy posted on Reddit some spoilers from some developer named Erez . According to those spoilers , Chang'e will get ANOTHER nerf (damn you hi-rez) and the patch will be delayed until next week .Aphro will get buffed and Kali will get a rework .

Also , Smite's release date will be finally announced .

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }