Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Steve- WTH xbox players?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Steve- WTH xbox players? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 21, 2016 1:02pm | Report
So depending on how strurdy the rock you're living under is you may or may not know that the most (excuse my language) ******** **********ing God is currently playable on Xbox. Susano is Overpowered. Why aren't people playing him?
Maybe people don't know how to play him right, which is a fair point that I will rectify soon (I'll be making a guide that ACTUALLY works) when I talk about my build for him, but anything short three or more players focusing the **** outta Susank he will not die.
I'm not gonna go into detail about how to playing him Here, but once the general public figures it out, I shouldn't see a game where he is not present. 3.9 didn't nerf him Xbox community, so we have at least three weeks with this OP God.
If I'm too ambiguous, let me reiterate: Susano. When played correctly, will **** on any team comp short of five ***bas. Hell yesterday's motd was all out assault, and all three games my group played A) the enedmy team didn't ban him and B) our team of two susanos, ra ymir and odin won every match, including a Four Athena one Apollo game and a team of THREE ymirs and two Chang'e.
If your not aware, he is currently the best God in this game. Don't believe me? Bring your team to Saturday Night SMITE. Or join me I'm some joust or conquest. I'll show you. In the mean time, learn how to play Susano. And always max his one first, and ult last.
Love you smitefire.
Rant done.

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 21, 2016 1:57pm | Report
Heh... Steve how many gods have you seen released since you started playing? Believe me, I know he's op, but.. there's been worse. A LOT worse.

Some very.. special ones in recent memory:
  • Sol: her 2 did most of your hp bar, she took down tier 1 towers 3 minutes into the game (often tier 2's 8 minutes into the game), couldn't be countered by ability users or basic attackers and she could be played in mid or as ADC. NOT fun.
  • Ratatoskr: Release ratatoskr was actually pretty similar to Susano. Infinity dashes, 3 seconds and you're dead, can't escape him, can't kill him. Biggest difference was that if you CC'd him he'd actually die since he's so squishy, but unlike Susano his late game was still stupidly op.
  • Ah Puch: While not the absolute worst in conquest, he made Arena and Assault completely unplayable when he was on the opposing team. Single handedly destroyed two gametypes.
  • Bellona: Literally the worst. She was unkillable, inescapable, capable of killing anyone in the game, could heal off of towers, I could go on. Taking her down was like taking down a raid boss, it took 4 coordinated team members, and at least 2 would die along the way.
  • Ao Kuang: Basically Loki if Loki could kill people without his ultimate. His 2 and 3 were strong enough that the only reason you'd need your ult was if you wanted to be flashy or just needed an escape.

Some other strong ones include Khepri, Chiron, Skadi and Amaterasu, but I think Susano is worse than them. (There's also some very old ones like release Nemesis, Fenrir and Guan Yu that are pretty infamous, but I wasn't around for those. Also Fenrir still hasn't been released sooooooooo....).

TLDR: He's not the worst thing to come out of HiRez so... I guess expect as much in the future? IMO HiRez does a terrible job with making release gods balanced, even if they have been making more interesting and fun gods in recent times.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 21, 2016 3:28pm | Report
@Zilby I know what you mean, and yes I see ths trend that every God thy comes out is op as ****. DMbrandon has a video explaing why this happens, and I agree with how the release-op-nerf cycle works. It's similar on every game that I know that has characters release. What suprises me is Hi-Rez actually not giving a **** about it, and the lack of playtime he seems to be getting on Xbox. I do howeverthink you should make a thread called "SMITE history with Zilby" and talk about smite stuff from these past and have special guests and stuff, as you can maks a damn good article.

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 21, 2016 4:16pm | Report
I could go into why I think making release gods OP actually hurts the game more than it helps it, but I know that's an unpopular opinion so I don't feel like delving too far into that here. As for a history thread, honestly while I am a seasoned player I only started playing towards the end of Season 1 ( Serqet was the newest god at the time), so I'm definitely not the oldest player here. Many players and smitefire members started playing way earlier than me, as far back as the early beta, thus I don't feel the most qualified to make an article specifically relating to that.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 22, 2016 10:19am | Report
Green is probably the best person to go for the history stuff as he is atm one of the longest playing members we have.

I gotta agree that release opness is bad however in HR ccase it's too much. If they aren't careful they will scare away a big part of the playerbase, which will go over to other mobas with the same feel or the more known ones, just because they want to play a moba which is kinda balanced

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 22, 2016 11:29am | Report
This history thing should definitely be a thing. Like a community broadcasted smite news.
And with the relaease of overwatch plus the terrible 3.9 patch (we don't want a character that can 1v100 or anything) some notable faces are going to be taking a smite break.
What if a SMITE 2 came out? Same Gods, all reworked and remodeled with a different art style? I would buy that.

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » May 22, 2016 11:31am | Report
"Story time with Grampa GreenEvers and Uncle Zilby!"

Make it happen.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 22, 2016 12:14pm | Report
It's that I don't remember a lot anymore from S1 (or well I do but not a lot of smite stuff more SF stuff tho)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 22, 2016 1:01pm | Report
I'm making a Thread

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 22, 2016 1:01pm | Report
I'm making a Thread

Steve Abate

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }