Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Steve- I have a Question

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Steve- I have a Question 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » April 12, 2016 9:02am | Report
So, I'm playing joust on pc right? Queue pops, dude autolocks loki. I'm like ok. I target medusa. Other dude autolocks chiron. Im still like, not a problem, we should be fine. I pick Ymir. Game starts. Loki says "YOU ****ING IDIOT WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU PICK MEDUSA" i [v] SORRY! You know i don't want to fight. Every time this Loki dies, he flipps out. Blames us. Like, sorry loki you just dove an au puach and hades. He quits at five minuets.

This expirence repeated for me four times in a row, two jousts, a conquest, and a clash.

Always just some dude getting pissed and quitting. So What do I do? Im on at odd times during the day when my friends aren't. no one joins when i ask in lfg. So do i forgo SMITE during the day and force myself to wait until later, when I only have time to play on match with my friends? or do i deal with this, accept the losses? Is this normal?

And why the hell cant i change my controller sensitivity? I cant 360noscope ra ult!!

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » April 12, 2016 9:19am | Report
There are bunch of trolls and angry people on Smite getting pissed off on the most smallest things ever. You mostly can't do anything about it so it's not you is just the internet. The only place that no one can't change it.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » April 12, 2016 10:24am | Report
Well it sounds like a low-level game or a day with free gems to be farmed- on 30 it is recognisably better regarding such actions; although of course, as mentioned there's always a possiblity of bumping into a troll.

If You don't care about winning that much, then I'd suggest doing your best and simply not caring about instalockers and so on; on the other hand You could just play characters with carry potential, as to make up for such "zombie" players.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » April 12, 2016 10:39am | Report
Yeah when gem storm weekend came last week I only got Saturday Gems because so many Pro *** players and raging try hard are DCing

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 12, 2016 11:53am | Report
@Abate, once you play for a while you start getting paired up with more and more people of higher skill levels. I actually can't remember the last time I saw someone auto lock, and I don't even play ranked very often. I will admit, as someone that does stay up until all hours of the night, matchmaking does tend to get worse in the off hours.

My suggestions for now are these:
  • mute people who rage for no reason and just play the game. If they feed their brains out, just play defensively and surrender at 10. It's not all that gratifying, but most of the time when a teammate feeds the enemy team thinks they're better than they are and will make more aggressive and risky plays. Usually, because of this I can pick up a few kills and go positive on my k/d even if I'm several levels behind before surrendering just from taking advantage of poor tower dives and such (not that it really matters, but it feels better to end a game 4-2 than 2-4).
  • if frustrated with autolockers play assault. It's generally the most friendly game type and is much less toxic than conquest or joust.
  • find someone that's a higher level to play with. You'll be playing harder people but at least they won't be toxic. If you want you can add me since I do tend to have strange hours, but that's up to you.
Good luck out there :)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 13, 2016 2:56am | Report
Sounds like lower lvl queue.

Also I'm going to agree with your pick a full physical team in joust it cringes me and the same for no tanks in joust.

And I agree with zilby assault is the most toxic free game mode as people accept the RNG fate.

you should be able to change sensitivity somewhere. at least for mouse

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }