Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sprucing Up Old Passives

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sprucing Up Old Passives 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 14, 2013 2:25am | Report
It occurred to me that HiRez has developed some kind of fetish for emblems on the player's screen. Sun Wukong's weird horseshoe, Athena's Spear, and now He Bo's...water scroll top thing.

Anyway, if they decided to change some boring passives *cough*NeZha*cough* to be more exciting and/or more effective, how would you like them?

Idea: Dead of Night: Xbalanque gets a circle on his screen that changes slowly to a full moon as he gets stacks. And maybe have the moon turn black when he uses his ult.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 14, 2013 5:41am | Report
I can't think of any other good ideas, but you really should post that Xbalanque one on Reddit.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 14, 2013 8:39am | Report
Well for the Ne Zha one he should have one of his wheels that spins and flames up according to his stacks.
(I've got a few more ideas but they might already have one, so bear with me)
Aphrodite: When she is not linked, she has a greyed out broken heart. When she is linked, she gets the standard pink heart. Or to avoid stepping on cupids thing, a dead and living bouquet.
Herc: An arm that folds in and muscles up the more power his passive gives him.
For anyone with a passive that marks enemies ( Bastet, Zeus, Hades, etc): should get an icon that turns on when an enemy is marked. Zeus' should have 2 stages, one when someone is stunable.
Vamana: His head in normal size is like it is in the icon for it. When he takes damage, he winces, and when his ult is ready he is stuck in the wince, like hes having a bad dream. When he is colossus, his head goes vertical and taking damage causes him to 'yell.'
Thanatos: His passives mask. When an enemy is revealed, the eyes open. When he sucks minion health, the mouth opens a little, like a sip. When he kills a god, it opens wide.
Loki: a knife that gets bloody if his basic will proc his passive
All this really leaves is champs who debuff enemies ( Anhur and Anubis), and Ao Kuang.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 15, 2013 1:22am | Report
I think Hi-rez added this because it makes it a lot easier for the player of the god to judge when there passive is ready

I like the Xbalanque idea

Sirsir94 wrote:

Well for the Ne Zha one he should have one of his wheels that spins and flames up according to his stacks.
(I've got a few more ideas but they might already have one, so bear with me)
Aphrodite: When she is not linked, she has a greyed out broken heart. When she is linked, she gets the standard pink heart. Or to avoid stepping on cupids thing, a dead and living bouquet.
Herc: An arm that folds in and muscles up the more power his passive gives him.
For anyone with a passive that marks enemies ( Bastet, Zeus, Hades, etc): should get an icon that turns on when an enemy is marked. Zeus' should have 2 stages, one when someone is stunable.
Vamana: His head in normal size is like it is in the icon for it. When he takes damage, he winces, and when his ult is ready he is stuck in the wince, like hes having a bad dream. When he is colossus, his head goes vertical and taking damage causes him to 'yell.'
Thanatos: His passives mask. When an enemy is revealed, the eyes open. When he sucks minion health, the mouth opens a little, like a sip. When he kills a god, it opens wide.
Loki: a knife that gets bloody if his basic will proc his passive
All this really leaves is champs who debuff enemies ( Anhur and Anubis), and Ao Kuang.

Ne Zha: I pretty sure they already has a lotus flower that gains pellets as he gains stacks.
Aphrodite: I don't think she really needs it since its already easy to see if she is linked with somebody or not
Hercules: I like the idea!
Vamana: Also like the idea
Thanatos: Again I don't think he needs it since you can hear the heartbeat of an opponent when they get within the threshold (and the ping if you have ward ping enabled) and you see the souls/small orb things fly from dead enemies to Thanatos when he kills something.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 4:51pm | Report
Ne Zha: His new passive is kinda boring, isn't it? How about this: Ne Zha gains 0.01 seconds of CC reduction for every % of his missing health.

Artemis: She has a quiver with three arrows, and bands on the quiver glow for every stack of Still Target. When she has Vengeful Assault on, the quiver becomes filled with more arrows.

Ao Kuang: A Bowl of Ramen gets more noodles as he gains more magical power. Done.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 16, 2013 4:32am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Ne Zha: His new passive is kinda boring, isn't it? How about this: Ne Zha gains 0.01 seconds of CC reduction for every % of his missing health.

How is that less boring?

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 16, 2013 7:22am | Report
Well for Ra. He has one feet above his portrait. Each time he uses his skills light streams out under it, the more skills is used the brighter it gets. Kind of like a rocket
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }