Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » So... 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xyrd » November 19, 2012 7:58am | Report
Suspended for 'match greifing' for 72 hours whilst mid game. Lawl.

Free accounts anyone?

Ps: what was that suspension about?

Xyrd

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 8:12am | Report
You were either feeding or raging at people in chat.

Sorry I wont help out a greifer.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 19, 2012 8:14am | Report
Griefing comes down to one thing, control. The griefer feels they have lost control of the situation and they try desperately to regain it. This is something that happens in every single tribunal case I have seen. The player first loses all hope of winning the game. Either because they are feeding or because they are on a horrible losing streak, or a teammate is feeding, maybe there are too many OP champs on opposing team ext...

Secondly, if they cannot control the game in their team's favor they will control the game by purposefully losing. They will start "Trolling", by buying silly items and purposefully dying. They may also go afk, thereby crippling their team. They become the ones in control, because they are choosing to lose. The most compelling evidence I have seen for this is when a griefer says something like, "You didn't gank my lane, so now I will feed, have fun losing noobs." Especially apparent is when the player starts griefing after they initiate a failed surrender vote.

Depressingly, griefer's going AFK is quite similarity to suicides. This is on a much smaller scale of course, but most suicides happen because the person feels they have lost control of their life, and the only way they can regain control is by ending it. (I'm not saying they are on par or anything, suicide is a very serious issue)

The griefer may also try to gain control by verbal harassment. Just like a playground bully they will attempt to undermine the self esteem of the other players so they will think they have also lost control and give up.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xyrd » November 19, 2012 8:32am | Report
Lawl. Asmoday, it's okay. Enjoy your time with smite, along with your friend's 'company' that will 'sponsor' you.

Troll.

Xyrd

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 8:59am | Report
Will do, we can see why you were banned tho.

I do enjoy my time, along with MY company and not will, am :)

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » November 19, 2012 9:45am | Report
I have so many ****ing accounts lol. My main troll account is now suspended for over 300 hours, the other one for over 100. I'm down to my serious account now, and I have to remind myself not to troll.

They take it so serious, I don't get why. I mean feeding I can understand, you ruin the game. But I never feed, I generally do fairly well except I spam voice commands the whole time and accuse everyone else of feeding and accuse the enemy team of hacking in the lobby if they win.

If you ban for that, why bother having a mute option at all?

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 19, 2012 11:02am | Report
Because it's annoying as hell. You don't mute people, because they will probably say something useful. People like you are just annoying, laughing home alone about annoying other people.
Doesn't make any sense.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 19, 2012 9:13pm | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

I have so many ****ing accounts lol. My main troll account is now suspended for over 300 hours, the other one for over 100. I'm down to my serious account now, and I have to remind myself not to troll.

They take it so serious, I don't get why. I mean feeding I can understand, you ruin the game. But I never feed, I generally do fairly well except I spam voice commands the whole time and accuse everyone else of feeding and accuse the enemy team of hacking in the lobby if they win.

If you ban for that, why bother having a mute option at all?

I had to read this post twice because at first I thought it was a joke. The only way that you will get good answers to your questions is in therapy.

I would guess that with antics like that you are probably between the age of 9-13 so I'm sure your parents would be glad to take you.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 19, 2012 9:34pm | Report
I don't understand why people even troll in games. It's not particularly fun, and everyone hates you, so I honestly don't see why. I honestly don't care if someone does badly or if they choose a role the team doesn't need, but if someone full on shouts insults at someone, that's when I report.

This is kinda fading away from the original topic, but I hate it when people report because someone sucks. It's not their fault they're still learning.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 19, 2012 9:52pm | Report
It's a control thing. Same as players who grief (not enjoy pvp, but actually grief other players). Nearly impossible to grief in the MOBA gameplay style but is definitely prevalent in some MMORPGs. Both have a lot in common with bullying.

Normally players who don't have control in their own lives, have poor self esteem, etc. so they enjoy making other people suffer in order to makes themselves feel better. Again, it is a fine line but is very different from players wanting to dominate or "own" the other players / team which is more of a competitive thing.

Xareth

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }