Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite MMORPG?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite MMORPG? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IHypnotiickz » November 16, 2019 3:42pm | Report
Devs-

Have you ever considered a Smite themed MMO?

IHypnotiickz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » November 16, 2019 3:45pm | Report
Devs dont read here...

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 17, 2019 1:37pm | Report
Hi IHypnotiickz,

To elaborate a bit more, this website is a 3rd party site for SMITE, not one created/hosted by the developers themselves.

As such, my suggestion would probably be to post this either on the official site's forums, or perhaps as a thread in Reddit (r/SMITE).

In my personal opinion, I would say that creating an MMO is a huge undertaking. In addition, with the setting you're considering, consider that in SMITE, we play as one of the gods. These gods are fairly limited in #, especially if you're considering a game type that might include many thousands of players all playing at the same time. As such, in a SMITE MMO, it would be unlikely that you'd play one of the gods...you'd play some kind of regular person, and interact with the gods here and there (perhaps as quest givers, bosses, or something else). That is much less appealing when you're used to playing as a god, and I just don't think this idea would pan out well. Again, just my opinion.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }