Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Mexican Server Sign ups

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite Mexican Server Sign ups 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2013 6:39am | Report
Thiel wrote:

I eat philadelphia on my bread, if that makes me any cooler!

My download speed is, on average, at 85 mb/s and my upload is 90 mb/s according to speedtest. I also live in Amsterdam, exactly where the EU servers are located. Life's good. (Other than the whole banned situation ..)

This is my only, not really, contribution to the topic. :-)

Edit: Wait I do have some insightfulnes to share. Your hardware does not affect your ping shown whatsoever. What Ghraf said is partly true, bad hardware might make it seem like you have a high ping due to similair symptons like slow rendering and choppy/late responses. But since you said you actually saw a high ping (by clicking F8 and monitoring, I assume). It's safe to assume that your hardware is not at fault.

In hindsight, what Ghraf said could also be entirely true, but only if your hardware is so slow that the simple packages Smite sends get queue'd in due to slow processing. But it's highly unlikely Smite would be play-able at all, at any time, if that was the case.

Conclusioné: Server located far away, bad connection between ISP and specific server, DDOS, bugged out, **** out of luck.

I was pretty doubtful about his hardware being so bad that was actually having to queue packets, but you never know.. Probably just bad connection to the server through any thousands of causes. Only thing to do is contact his provider.

I would say the main thing to try here is running a hard line straight to your PC from your modem. I have my computer hardwired to my router which is hardwired to my modem and there's no wifi latency and my ping is pretty much always good, except at times with the servers take a dump and everyone is lagging regardless.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 19, 2013 6:44am | Report
Icen, seriously. Stahp with that First World Country Problems, I play with 180~200 ping all day FINE.

HiRez might focus on creating different servers( South America, Oceanic, etc) for now, but they might hear your curses soon enough.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » December 19, 2013 4:10pm | Report
Lol icen what I get is pretty much the standard for most of australia unless ur in the small percentage of people that are lucky enough to have the new nbn system in their area

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 19, 2013 8:20pm | Report
.... your not seeing my point... 180 ping does not bother me even though I normally get 90ish ping.

I can play on 180 ping IF IT STAYED LIKE THAT.

MY point is that it SPIKES and when IT SPIKES and is not a constant ping number than it causes ****ed up lag that is worst than having 200 ping.

A simple ping spike from 70 to 140 causes worst **** lag then what constant 200 ping does. That is my point, I could careless if I had 140 ping, I hate that it SPIKES UP AND DOWN that is what causes ********.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 19, 2013 9:55pm | Report
You will experience true spike when you play at normally 300 pings and suddenly goes to 999 pings (but mostly goes to 400-500 pings)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 19, 2013 10:30pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

You will experience true spike when you play at normally 300 pings and suddenly goes to 999 pings (but mostly goes to 400-500 pings)
Dem true spikes

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 20, 2013 6:11am | Report
A bit out of topic. But... what does "Tunneling" mean? It's ping related I think but I have no idea how it is used or what it's meaning...
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 20, 2013 6:33am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

A bit out of topic. But... what does "Tunneling" mean? It's ping related I think but I have no idea how it is used or what it's meaning...

It's not really ping related and completely unrelated to SMITE, tho, if you want to read in on it, this wiki explains the basis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunneling_protocol
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }