Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked toxicity levels are rising

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ranked toxicity levels are rising 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bucklacy » June 2, 2019 6:32am | Report
HiRez just reported with the last patch that the number of people playing ranked has increased. Im a level 129 would be higher if i didnt take a year off. I have noticed in the past couple weeks that matches are getting very toxic again. I feel people are also becoming more and more tolerant of this behavior too. Please report toxicity it does nobody any good being toxic and also listening tolerating the toxicity. What if people treated eachother in the streets this way? Than why is it ok on a video game?

Bucklacy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » June 2, 2019 8:00am | Report
Bucklacy wrote:
What if people treated eachother in the streets this way?

Who said they don't?

Toxicity is bad, yes, but there's no way to stop it. You just have to be thick-skinned.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bucklacy » June 2, 2019 8:22am | Report
That is not acceptable behavior in an advanced modern society if you want things to evolve and advanvce.

Bucklacy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 2, 2019 8:39am | Report
while I have to agree sadly it is and will probably stay part of life. Not only in games or gaming culture, which is pretty known for it even in everyday life it happens. Steps are being made against it, however the simpel report and ban is easy to "dodge" with a new account etc.

like tlaloc said, who says it doesn't happen in the streets?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » June 2, 2019 8:47am | Report
Bucklacy wrote:

That is not acceptable behavior in an advanced modern society if you want things to evolve and advanvce.

Yes, but nothing much can be done about it. There is no plausible permanent fix. Most "solutions" only dampen the issue and create another slew of problems. It's like trying to cure the common cold.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bucklacy » June 2, 2019 9:09am | Report
Altogether thats a bad philosophy and mindset for evolution.

Bucklacy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » June 2, 2019 9:18am | Report
Bucklacy wrote:

Altogether thats a bad philosophy and mindset for evolution.

No, it's not. What is a bad mindset is clinging on to what toxic people are doing instead of moving on.

Also, why are you so focused on evolution?

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » June 2, 2019 10:15am | Report
Bucklacy wrote:
I feel people are also becoming more and more tolerant of this behavior too.
What do you base this on? Personally, I would keep my interactions with a toxic player to the bare minimum while in game, but I would still make sure to report the player afterwards.

Bucklacy wrote:
What if people treated eachother in the streets this way? Than why is it ok on a video game?
First of all, I think many people will agree that it isn't ok, ironically enough including the players who are toxic in the first place. With that said, don't forget that the anonymity which the internet provides is also a contributing factor to the toxicity. Talking to people like that on the streets is a lot riskier, since for all you know they could physically retaliate.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 2, 2019 4:59pm | Report
The mask the internet provides definitely makes it easier to be nastier. There's no face to face confrontation. Also, games just make people mad. Agree with Wayne keeping interactions with a toxic player to a minimum. Found my best ranked experience when I muted anyone that showed any type of toxicity and kept on playing. Sometimes your whole team can be toxic. Sucks you don't get team calls but it allows you to play your best without distractions and getting tilted.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }