Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"Call To Arms" Preliminary Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » "Call To Arms" Preliminary Patch Notes 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 5, 2015 6:07pm | Report

CALL TO ARMS - SEASON 2

“Welcome to Season 2 of SMITE! A lot of exciting things are happening this year, and to kick it off we have created a brand new Conquest map! Many things are changing, but the important things to keep in mind are that your options as a player have been widened through itemization changes, god balancing, and alterations to the way Conquest is played. Shake off the old ways of Season 1 and we encourage you to explore new and unique team compositions, item builds, and gameplay strategies. [VEW]!”

New God Skins

• Primal Huntress Artemis
  • Jandroid Janus
  • Prizefighter Mercury
  • Jungle Beast Xbalanque (Visual Upgrade)
  • Rage Bakasura (League Reward)
cards

New Voice Packs

• Primal Huntress Artemis
  • Jandroid Janus
  • Prizefighter Mercury
  • Rage Bakasura (League Reward)

New Ward Skins and Player Icons

• Smite Showcase Player Icon
  • Valentine Player Icon

New God Rotation

• Hades
  • Agni
  • Apollo
  • Hercules
  • Thanatos

Updated Cards

• Slickshot Apollo
  • Standard Neith
  • Blue Lotus Ne Zha
  • Earthshaker Poseidon
  • Deathdealer Sobek
  • Standard Xbalanque
  • Jungle Beast Xbalanque

New Emotes

• Athena Furious
  • Bastet Dance
  • Cabrakan Dance, Clap, Wave
  • Chaac Dance
  • Hades Clap
  • Hel Wave, Clap
  • Kukulkan Dance
  • Kumbhakarna Dance
  • Nu Wa Clap
  • Scylla Special
  • Tyr Dance
  • Vamana Wave, Dance

New Conquest Map

• Season 2 marks the release of a new Conquest Map, highlight features include:

• Completely new visual design.
    • Improved player navigation.
    • Improved immersion and creature interactions.
    • Refined Jungle Layout, and new gameplay rules (Listed below).

• The Conquest tutorial has had a number of updates and improvements.

Leagues

“Season 1 of League is wrapping up, and in this patch players will be earning their exclusive rewards! In Season 2 we will opening up Conquest League to allow players to queue up with a friend, which was one of our most requested features from Season 1. As a majority of our players prefer to play with friends, we feel this change will increase the population in League, which brings a number of benefits.”

• League Rewards have been given out for Season 1.

• All League participants have received Icons for the division they completed this round in.
    • Players who placed in Gold Tier or higher received the Bakasura Rage Skin.
    • Players who placed in Platinum Tier or higher received the Rage Loading Frame, with indicator of their Tier.

• TEAMING: At the start of season 2 we will be allowing teams of two players to queue together in League.

• Teamed players cannot enter the League queue if they are placed more than one Tier apart for each other.

• At the start of Season 2 we will be adjusting the MMR distribution of league divisions, in order to achieve the correct targeted population percentiles per division. Players may be “soft reset” into a higher division or Tier, but no players will be demoted.
    At the start of Season 2, legacy players who did not undergo Qualifying matches (before they were added), and are significantly under placed, will be automatically promoted as if completing qualifications.

• Any players who are still in the Qualifying phase with some games played in the past but not enough to actually be placed into a Division will have their rating reset and their previous record cleared in order to start fresh in Season 2.

General Gameplay

“There are several changes happening in the Jungle that are designed to increase aggression and the viability of invading, while also better balancing the buff options available to your team. Although there is now more room for activities, the Jungle is a bit more unsafe. The removal of the mana buffs on the Gold Fury side of Conquest focuses more on choice through itemization and team combinations rather than through buffs. The addition of the new Attack Speed and In Hand Power Buff empowers gods who prefer Basic Attacking, for those who would rather shoot their enemies down.
The harpy camps in the middle of the Conquest map now show up late to the party, and don’t even bring a dessert. They now spawn at the three minute mark instead of at the beginning. The Jungle starts in the beginning of the match are now identical, but it also means your enemies know exactly where you are at the beginning and can punish you for it.”

• Jungle Camp Changes (All Maps)

• All Jungle camps, including the Fire Giant and Gold Fury, no longer become invulnerable and heal instantly when leashed or reset. They now heal at a rate of 10% of their maximum health value every 1s and are able to be re-engaged during their retreat back to camp.
    • While leasing or out-of-combat, camp monsters will no longer take damage from sources outside of their leashing area.
    • A new Attack Speed Buff (Purple) has been added into all maps and provides +15% Attack Speed, +15 Magical In-Hand Power and +12 Physical In-Hand Power. This buff replaces the Speed Buff (Orange) in every map except Conquest, where it replaces the Gold Fury side Mana (Blue) Buff.

• Jungle Camp Changes (Conquest)

• Mid Harpy camps now have their initial spawn delayed by 3min.
    • The Speed Buff (Orange) now only provides movement speed, and not attack speed.
    • The Power Buff and the Speed Buff on the Order side of the map have been swapped and are now aligned to be on the same side of the map.
    • Both Mana Buff camps on the Gold Fury side of the map have been removed and replaced with the new Attack Speed Buff (Purple).
    • Jungle camps now have introduction animations, as well as reaction animations. Note: The introductions have been improved over the course of PTS, and camps are now “hittable” at the correct map timings.
    • Jungle camps and minions will no longer target each other, allowing minions to return to lane quicker.

• Titans

• Titans will no longer take damage from any source outside of its leashing range while being leashed or standing at its spawn point.

• Fire Giant:

• The Fire Giant now uses both Melee and Ranged attacks.
    • The Fire Giant now uses a new set of abilities, and has a new encounter.

• Towers and Phoenixes

• Fixed an issue that will allow for faster targeting of towers and phoenixes onto players.

• Lane Mechanics:

• Assist reward range for minion and camp kills reduced from 80 to 60.
    • The time to earn rewards from tagging (damaging) minions and camps has been reduced from 10s to 5s.

Check out the official post here to find out about items, god balance, and more!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 6, 2015 3:56am | Report
So an update from last phase of pts:

Duo ranked implemented
3:00 mid camps
Herc nerf
Osiris nerf

These are the near final patch notes for 4 days. Then seasons 2 starts!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DustZX » February 6, 2015 5:46am | Report
Still waiting for they to retire magi's blessing nerf, qin's sais nerf, witchblade nerf, maybe hou yi divebomb change. And herc and osiris nerf looked pointless. Besides that looks like an awesome patch ( and i want my baka skin asap :) )

DustZX

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » February 6, 2015 11:55am | Report
Quoted:

Jandroid Janus

Aand this patch is the best patch ever.

I like duo ranked, too. Should be interesting to see how it works.

Once they add a ranked premade system I'll be very happy.

(Cause then SMFG could do premades and have a leaderboard to show how much we rek :P)
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » February 6, 2015 12:33pm | Report
AMC got an overall buff.

megusta.jpg
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » February 6, 2015 12:52pm | Report
Still no guan Yu buff. :( I just want a real passive, preferably something involving mana regen or something like that

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » February 6, 2015 3:05pm | Report
Guan needs a buff, and Qin's need to stop being kicked while it's down. Seriously, the poor sais have had enough...
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 6, 2015 5:47pm | Report

Guan needs a buff, and Qin's need to stop being kicked while it's down. Seriously, the poor sais have had enough...

We need to start a non profit called "Save The Sais."

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » February 6, 2015 5:50pm | Report
I don't know why, but the new Conquest map gives me nostalgia for some reason.....
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 6, 2015 6:29pm | Report
Anyone know when this will be dropped? (Also RIP Qin's Sais QQ)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }