Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Queueing In Ranked

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Queueing In Ranked 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SilasWesley » March 7, 2020 12:12am | Report
I play on console and my friend has moved onto PC but we still play smite together. We never had issues playing cross platform or when we were both on PS4. My friend has finally hit level 30 so we can finally play ranked and he bought he God pack so he has everyone. My mmr is currently at 1387 and my friend is at 1290 but the game won't let us play together. Anyone might have an idea as to why? Any help would be appreciated uwusolitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/

SilasWesley

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 7, 2020 12:28am | Report
I know cross play exists in casuals, however I believe ranked restricts it to the input mode.

Aka are you both using KBM or both a controller. If yes then it's possible that ranked is still restricted if no then try that (reason for this is that there is quite some "lvl" difference in play for KBM users). Only thing I do know for sure is that you have a KBM "leaderboards" and a "controller" leaderboards

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 7, 2020 8:04am | Report
There might be PC players playing on controller who can queue with console players but im not 100% sure. Otherwise, yeah PC ranked is separate from console.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nirvanausual » June 3, 2020 12:55am | Report
SMITE gets cross-platform multiplayer for everyone but PS4. ... PC, Xbox One and Switch players will be able to play together with new cross-platform support and players can even continue their progression on whichever platform they feel like.

nirvanausual

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 3, 2020 1:03am | Report
As far as I know people from PS4 can play with people from pc. Prism or vini should be able to testify to that.

The way crossplay works has to do with the use of keyboard (KBM) or controller. people using controller will be put against each other and people with KBM.
The thing breaking this rule is partying up with other people. This will use the majority input system

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 3, 2020 1:24am | Report
Dunno what you're on about, but all the platforms have crossplay already.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 3, 2020 2:58am | Report
nirvanausual wrote:

SMITE gets cross-platform multiplayer for everyone but PS4. ... PC, Xbox One and Switch players will be able to play together with new cross-platform support and players can even continue their progression on whichever platform they feel like.

Crossplay and cross progression are 2 different things, and PS4 has cross play.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by elwishfour » December 2, 2020 10:38am | Report
Cross-play is the ability to play an online video game across more than one platform – meaning someone playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch could be on the same server as someone using an Xbox One – as well as allowing players to access their player data from those different consoles

elwishfour

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » December 2, 2020 7:28pm | Report
I'm fairly confident, I think, in saying that keyboard and controller queues are separated. Now that I'm forced to use console I can tell how different not only I play but everyone I'm playing against cause it seems they're also using a controller. The extremely fast VGS, emote inputs and the ability to turn 360 degrees in a the span of a nanosecond are not something people can do in my games. They all have the same awkward movement I do and can't turn around very fast. Unlike PC where I was spoiled with tight controls and quick reactions. Oh and the ability to ping quickly and far away on the map is also not something I see ever on controller. I don't even know if controllers can ping across the entire map?

It's like an entirely different game on console. I kinda hate it but I don't have a choice, but I got respect for anyone who can reach GM on controller cause playing like this is like a handicap.

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 3, 2020 2:14am | Report
Yes, the queues are seperate IF you're solo queueing. When you party up, it depends on the number of party members using a certain control scheme, defaulting to kbm if it's even if I recall the latter correctly.

Therefore, crossplay still exists

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }