Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Qualifiers & ELO

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Qualifiers & ELO 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 7:40am | Report
Thanks for those inputs.
What I can tell you is that we had 3 qualifiers so far (3 wins) with my friend (jivelake4301955), we have almost the same casual Elo according to Smite.Guru (2104 vs 2135 for me).
When it comes to Elo in League, he has 1685 while I already have 1722 (we started with 1500).
So I assume that at least a part is based on the game itself, not only the result.

He played twice as solo-laner (but that the game can't tell) and once as a mid-laner while I played twice as a support and once as a mid-laner.

My friend's average KDA : 2.26, my friend's average GPM : 477
My average KDA : 5.03, my average GPM : 424

Maybe both are used to determine the Elo, but it's more likely that the KDA is more important than the GPM.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 12:23pm | Report
(smite guru doesn't show your casual elo it shows a score from all game modes)

and you are sure your friend is on the same amount of qualifiers because it seems a bit odd.

because you can have a super good KDA but still lose the game (I had a friend going 41-2-x in a LoL match but he lost because 2 afks (bit unfair comparison but this can also happen with 5v5))

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 3:21pm | Report
Yes, we've been playing together for 2 months, and we only had qualifiers together.
I can't explain why, just showing you what I found on smite.guru, that I blindly trust so far! xD
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 10:47pm | Report
I also need to say I do find the starting Elo number a bit off to. because qualifiers are considered as Silver players. so IMO the starting number should be around 750 (which would be more in the middle of silver tier) or 1000 (more at the end aka silver 1) and then take around 50-100 Elo depending on the match

Maybe casual has more to do this. as calculating Elo gained from KDA doesn't make sense to me at all.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 29, 2015 12:39am | Report
I agree with that as well. 1500 as the starter is way too high considering it's really close to platinium level. If qualifiers are considered as silver players, then their Elo should reflect that.

HOWEVER, as qualifiers are supposed to reveal your real level (at least that's how I see it), your Elo should be really flexible on the way UP (3 times more than in normal league games) in order to allow your to find your right place and your Elo should only go down if you loose twice in a row (meaning that your current division is too difficult for you).

As a result, if you start Silver III, and win your first five games, you'd be around Gold II, but if you loose three times in a row, you'd be back to Gold IV. If you win the last 2 games, you'd be Gold II, which could make sense.

Of course, that means that you should only play with guys in the same division during your qualifiers (and not against other qualifiers whose level is unsure yet).
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 29, 2015 1:56pm | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

I agree with that as well. 1500 as the starter is way too high considering it's really close to platinium level. If qualifiers are considered as silver players, then their Elo should reflect that.

HOWEVER, as qualifiers are supposed to reveal your real level (at least that's how I see it), your Elo should be really flexible on the way UP (3 times more than in normal league games) in order to allow your to find your right place and your Elo should only go down if you loose twice in a row (meaning that your current division is too difficult for you).

As a result, if you start Silver III, and win your first five games, you'd be around Gold II, but if you loose three times in a row, you'd be back to Gold IV. If you win the last 2 games, you'd be Gold II, which could make sense.

Of course, that means that you should only play with guys in the same division during your qualifiers (and not against other qualifiers whose level is unsure yet).

1500 is considered to be plat Elo (see news matchmaking Elo picture released by HR itself probably)

I agree with what you say in some way.

yeah matchmaking can be weird because if you are bronze 4 with 1400 elo you can be queued against silvers because Elo. the tier system doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes (Dota's MMR makes more sense in most cases)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }