Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Qualifiers & ELO

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Qualifiers & ELO 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Red XIII Phantom » September 28, 2015 2:41am | Report
As I'm reading this, I see a brick of "you don't know jack" falling on my face. I'm still not sure what ELO is. I'm assuming a rank representing a players skill? Anyways I'll keep working on getting to level 30 so I can play in leagues someday.

Red XIII Phantom

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 4:45am | Report
ELO is a score that (should) reflects your level according to other players and will influence the matchmaking system. In short terms, players with 2000 ELO should not be playing with/against people with 500 ELO (which happened to me my last qualifying game >_<)
However, you ELO score is not the same on all games. For instance, you have a different ELO on ranked games and casual games. Also, in ranked, joust and conquest are 2 different ELO scores.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 4:47am | Report
Elo= the same as MMr which stands for match making rating. this is a number (in Smite and LoL it's hidden because of the tier system while Dota shows it in their system as a number on your profile)

the number helps the matchmaking system to put you in a match on your lvl of play.

However the system can be pretty ****ed up especially in qualifiers.

Also the system is pretty secret (at least full details) there are a lot of theories especially about qualifiers Elo (being the most ****ed up with Match making)

vithaliy your question is a bit vague.

That guy was probably queueing for a good time which makes the system search a bit higher to not let someone wait forever on a match.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 4:52am | Report
I'll simplify my question : if there anyway to build up a 5 players team and go ranked with it?
Do you have to be pro to do 5 vs 5 teams in ranked?

I like competition, but playing with randoms kinda ruin my mood :-/
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 5:04am | Report
atm there isn't maybe smite will make a 5v5/premade conquest ranked mode. but because the amount of players isn't a lot don't think it will be anytime soon.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 5:10am | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

Also, in ranked, joust and conquest are 2 different ELO scores.

(every game mode has it's own Elo/MMR score (Elo isn't an abbreviation like MMR. it's from a name so only the E should be a capital)

I'm probably going to make a guide sooner or later which explains the MMR/Elo system with my knowledge over it (but probably gonna get more opinions on it before I even start and add more chapters to my first guide)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 5:24am | Report
Thanks Devampi, that would be really appreciated! :D
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 28, 2015 5:33am | Report
You can only queue with 2 people in a party. Premade(5v5) queue was removed due to the length of the queue - meshed into casuals.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 5:36am | Report
"That's too bad!"
Then I'll probably play more casual than ranked for now :)
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 6:56am | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

Thanks Devampi, that would be really appreciated! :D

I can give you a link of a dotafire member blog regarding MM in qualifiers there. IMO the MOBA's share the same system (you would think they won't but they do as the hidden elo does the same as MMR in dota)

I like that theory (it hasn't been confirmed but is for me the most acceptable)

the theories for qualifier Matchmaking that a lot of people have are (in most common what I have seen at least):
1.Your stats also get valued aka player damage, KDA etc. (IMO the worst theory but the most used one. it's the worst because then all matches should look at scores and the game only values one thing did you lose or win.)

2.They take your casual Elo and make it count heavier in reductions or gain (this one is more acceptable and is part of the 3rd)

3.they give you the start Elo (I have no idea) with heavy reduction/gain and then place you somewhere between your casual CQ and the Elo from the qualifiers that will be your ranked elo (the qualifier Elo is more to look at if your casual elo is right aka a moment prediction. This is for me one of the better theories.)

I'm going to search for that blog/discussion of the dotafire member (his name is smuggels he has great blogs that apply a bit to smite too like some general noob mistakes.)

EDIT: found it

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }