Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Proof Hebo's 1 is OP. (Recent Game )

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Proof Hebo's 1 is OP. (Recent Game ) 46 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 21, 2013 9:23am | Report
Irox don't let him talk to you like that! Bring out your fatalities!
Don't say Khamehamaha either because thats cheatin. :)

Wait I got a good one.... Imagine Troll face here >>>>>> ;)

My fatality is hebo's 1. I think you know why because its ..... a bleepin fatality!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 21, 2013 9:35am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Irox don't let him talk to you like that! Bring out your fatalities!
Don't say Khamehamaha either because thats cheatin. :)

Wait I got a good one.... Imagine Troll face here >>>>>> ;)

My fatality is hebo's 1. I think you know why because its ..... a bleepin fatality!

i guess there are somethings people will never agree on. oh well.

ya know what icen im not going to send "your dead now" fatality at him but im gonna add insult to injurie.

im not gonna kill him. Have fun with that irox. <P

<3-All4Games.
have a nice day.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iRoxbro » August 21, 2013 11:22am | Report
I'm stealing the thread oops

iRoxbro

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 21, 2013 11:26am | Report
iRoxbro wrote:

I'm stealing the thread oops

well goodluck with life <3
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 21, 2013 12:28pm | Report
Well this is an interesting thread...

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 22, 2013 1:38am | Report
If the WWE comment championship is over, I like to state my opinion on He Bo.

I cringe every time someone says "But Water Cannon has no range" that doesn't matters because Water Sprout has all the range he needs, He can hit you with Water Sprout walk/swim or what ever he dose over to you hit you with Water Cannon and still have time to get away from you before you hit the ground. To make matters worst there is a bug/a over look in the skill that it doesn't always knock you up straight in to the air, Sometimes it knocks you away from him and sometimes towards him. This might not seem like much because it seems random, but I hate it that sometimes the skill literarily delivers me on a sliver plate and he can spam me with his Water Cannon as much as he wants which has gotten me killed a bunch of times.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emnity » August 22, 2013 1:54am | Report
Yeah, people keep claiming his 1 has no range, which is not really the case. Just play a game with him and you won't notice at all that he lacks range or something. Also water sprout can toss the enemy towards you, which often times mean you can hit him twice with water cannon, then slow him, then cannon again, then ult him maybe if he is THAT tanky and haven't died already.

P.S. Played a game with He Bo the other day. First time in like 5-6 months. Melted the enemy mid in the early game and yeah... had many many kills n stuff all game long. What I felt like was... that I was feeling really safe because of my damage. When someone goes for me I just go into the offence also. His damage is just ******ed with that scaling and those CD. It's so so so so good, it's too good. Was amazed that every freakin time I had something to cast and it usually resulted in like 1/3 of the enemy carry/mage/support HP and his ult with stacked passive is basically " I kill you now" skill.

Emnity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 22, 2013 3:11am | Report
I'm just stating some things you should acknowledge.

He Bo's Water Cannon offers nothing in terms of utility. It's just damage, and nothing more.

Second, while the range may not be an issue at all in a 1 vs 1 situation, the range is way too short to use in the midst of a teamfight, and can only be safely used to clean-up.

Finally, this is not to defend He Bo, but I feel like Water Cannon would be a fantastic ability on Chronos. It's exactly what he needs instead of his current spam-happy ability.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emnity » August 22, 2013 3:16am | Report
There are many examples from other mobas that prove that having crazy damage is enough to compensate lacking cc or range or something like that. Crazy damage is often times the factor you need to prevail. What good is a stun or having longer range if you can kill He Bo in 5 seconds when he can kill you in 3 ? He compensates very very good for the cons that he has, which are arguably that big of a cons.

P.S. Your statement for the teamfights is irrelevant. Team fight's revolve around one clusterfOck of aoe and people trying to cc priority targets. 90% of the time range doesn't matter during the first few seconds of the team fight. Ranged carries prevail in the seconds after the big ults are blown, meanwhile a He Bo already cleaned up half your team with his "short" range.

Emnity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 22, 2013 3:47am | Report
Emnity wrote:

P.S. Your statement for the teamfights is irrelevant. Team fight's revolve around one clusterfOck of aoe and people trying to cc priority targets. 90% of the time range doesn't matter during the first few seconds of the team fight. Ranged carries prevail in the seconds after the big ults are blown, meanwhile a He Bo already cleaned up half your team with his "short" range.

Tell me why range does not matter in the first few seconds of a teamfight when the AoE is being thrown around? Are you saying that a squishy melee carry such as Bakasura will be A-OK and actually have some form of presence in the first few seconds? Range plays a factor in the first few seconds of a teamfight. A He Bo can only safely throw out a Waterspout within the first few seconds of a teamfight, but then that's hardly any presence compared to other temafight ultimates. He Bo's kit is very clean-up oriented. The ability in question, Water Cannon, is much shorter than other abilities mages have, and I'm sure you aren't ignorant enough to question this.

My sincerest apologies in advance if this is blatantly obvious, but good focus will kill He Bo before he can kill your team, unless for some ungodly reason it's a full tank He Bo, but then he has no presence in the teamfight with such little damage. Yes, a very fed He Bo has the potential to deal DPS almost rivaling that of a carry, but if he goes in with his main source of DPS, Water Cannon, in the middle of a teamfight, then a decent team will focus him down immediately. If he stays back and waits for the clean-up, then your friendly neighbourhood Loki, or any other decent assassin, will be there to kill him, and the carry soon after.

He Bo is strong, I have to acknowledge that, but he does have flaws. He's not a completely flawless god. He's not so broken to the point that he needs incredibly hard nerfs. Yes, his Water Cannon does a lot of damage for such a low cooldown and could use some small tweaks. Yes, his Waterspout does allow for easy Water Cannons to be landed. But his active teamfight is not the greatest and is more clean-up oriented, his range does keep him in check, his Water Cannon is not broken, and you must be incredibly unopen and unreceptive to other valid arguments to not acknowledge the validity that is present within these points.

And once again, apologies if I do not reply to your counter-argument, because I am rather tired of discussing this.

Have a good night.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }