Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Problems with Launching from God Select

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Problems with Launching from God Select 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 3, 2014 2:43am | Report
Deathsession wrote:

I was on when servers were messing up.. Thought about complaining.. Then rememebered this is a free game. So wait. They owe me nothing?

Just because it is a free game, doesn't mean that nothing is worth complaining about.

I'll give you an analogy.

Say you're walking down the street, and a man offers you a free meat pie. You take it, and you take a big bite. Then, your mouth is filled with the sweet aroma of ****, as you look inside and see that it really is filled with dog ****.

Not only is it frustrating because you were looking forward to enjoying a delicious meat pie, but it also created a very unpleasant experience that, like I said, creates frustration.

You see, a company, game, whatever, is built on its fans, the people that play and enjoy the product. You see, this company, over time, has created people that like something and will actively follow it, and this one thing may be the thing that people look forward to every day after getting back from work.

To come back and find that this thing doesn't work, regardless of whether it is free or not, is disappointing.

You see, people complain because they come into something expecting it to be a good experience. Why? Because they love it. And if the company ****s it up, then they'll reluctantly be forced to start disliking it. If you have loved something for 10 years, and all of a sudden you are told that you must hate it, of course you're going be angry.

Yes, I know this counterargument is really messy, but I'm in a rush.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » January 3, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Hahaha. I'm sorry, that story was hilarious.

But seriously. 1. Don't take Meat pies from people on the street? 2. This isn't exactly the equivalent of a pie full of ****. lol. It's actually a very enjoyable game that you can play for free, and once outta 2 months the servers were down for 2 hours?

Just sayin'

I know. I understand companies needs to build reputation. I still just think people freak out abit.

Edit: I just logged on and got free favor too. woot.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 3, 2014 1:32pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Marijuana is illegal and hard to come by in Australia.

Hm...

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 3, 2014 1:40pm | Report
I want free favor, but my smite is not working. =w=

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » January 3, 2014 1:41pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

I want free favor, but my smite is not working. =w=

It's Dyrones fault :(

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PlainMcgee » January 3, 2014 2:37pm | Report
well i paid 29.99 for the god pack, which in turn is like buying the game, so by the game not working wouldn't they owe me something in return?...just saying whats the point of paying my money for a product that doesn't work properly? and lately there seems to be a lot more bugs going around on smite...the one i run into the most is the game will lag for every one really hard due to someone going AFK and returning.

Be you do what you do!!

PlainMcgee

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 3, 2014 2:39pm | Report
PlainMcgee wrote:

well i paid 29.99 for the god pack, which in turn is like buying the game, so by the game not working wouldn't they owe me something in return?...just saying whats the point of paying my money for a product that doesn't work properly? and lately there seems to be a lot more bugs going around on smite...the one i run into the most is the game will lag for every one really hard due to someone going AFK and returning.

There is some kiddo messing up with the servers( DDOS'ing), so it's not HiRez fault this time. Also, they're testing new server engines, so the game is a bit glitchy.

They gave to us 1500 Favor on December 18th, due to server crashing. They might give us something in return as well, I think.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PlainMcgee » January 3, 2014 2:46pm | Report
ok gotcha...well at least they gave us some favor that was nice of them

Be you do what you do!!

PlainMcgee

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 3, 2014 3:27pm | Report
I NEVER GET FREE GEMS OR FAVOR! QQ

Edit: Also, I can't get into the smite website. Everything crashed.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }