Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Poseidon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Poseidon 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ProRules » May 27, 2014 5:40am | Report
Hey guys, it will be short.
poseidon skill 3 (the pool that sucks you in), is probably the most op skill in the game, (excluding ultimate).
It does slow, it does suck you in, and... why not CRIPPLE?! why can't i do any skill, thats nonsense.
Enough the fact it does nice damage, moves you to center and gives you slow, but cripple like srsly.. should be able to do skills, its just way out of hands.

ProRules

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Heartwire » May 27, 2014 6:01am | Report
That's cause people use Gem of Isolation with Poseidon.
Without it, you can pretty easily just walk out.

Heartwire

Established (16)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 27, 2014 6:04am | Report
It doesn't slow you AND pulls you in, technically. It only pulls you win which seems like a slow because when you try to get out it pulls you back and thus slows you. If they get Gem of Isolation, it will do both and then it becomes a real pain.

But, it's not OP. You can get out of it, dodge it, beads it. You can say the same thing about tornadoes. Sure, it doesn't exactly slow/cripples you, but one step in there is equal to the damage of Whirlpool if you stand in it all the time.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » May 27, 2014 6:14am | Report
The thing is that once you're in the Whirlpool you're a pretty damn easy target. Tornadoes just rips you to shreds, but the pool can make you a sitting duck for every single ultimate from this world and the next one.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » May 27, 2014 8:59am | Report
Shavul wrote:

The thing is that once you're in the Whirlpool you're a pretty damn easy target. Tornadoes just rips you to shreds, but the pool can make you a sitting duck for every single ultimate from this world and the next one.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ProRules » May 27, 2014 12:22pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

It doesn't slow you AND pulls you in, technically. It only pulls you win which seems like a slow because when you try to get out it pulls you back and thus slows you. If they get Gem of Isolation, it will do both and then it becomes a real pain.

But, it's not OP. You can get out of it, dodge it, beads it. You can say the same thing about tornadoes. Sure, it doesn't exactly slow/cripples you, but one step in there is equal to the damage of Whirlpool if you stand in it all the time.

without gem of isolation its horrible.
See the difference is that skill 3 of ao kuang is his major and most important skill besides ultimate, ofc its suppose to be good, but then the pool is not poseidon's main skill (skill 1 is). and so thats just stupid to make it so OP, if he does that on you, any ultimate can hit you without you being able to do much at early game when you dont have many actives yet, The pull sucking you in + damage should be enough, cripple is too much.

ProRules

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 28, 2014 2:16am | Report
Whirlpool is Poseidon's main skill, since he has a two skill clear.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » May 28, 2014 2:32am | Report
festive1 wrote:

Whirlpool is Poseidon's main skill, since he has a two skill clear.

Two skill clear that drains A LOT of his tide meter, if i might add.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » May 28, 2014 3:04am | Report
I think Poseidon is a legend, he has been one of those gods since beta... The epic badass ones that wreck face while being pretty balanced.

Wait the pool pulls you in? I though it just slows xD
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2014 7:44am | Report

I think Poseidon is a legend, he has been one of those gods since beta... The epic badass ones that wreck face while being pretty balanced.

Wait the pool pulls you in? I though it just slows xD

If you ever stand still in it you would now

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }