Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 6.4, "Darkness Falls" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 6.4, "Darkness Falls" - Bran's Thoughts 11 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 4, 2019 12:19am | Report
Alright, played some Assault last night. Not the winningest night ever...but oh well.

Anyway, here's my rough approximation of the new map.

The visuals are definitely S5 feel...cleaner, but cartoony. Some of the pathing is screwy...looks like you should be able to stand in certain areas like the corners of the walls in the titan area, but you can't. And then in other areas, you totally can. Not very consistent with the art.

The new healing orbs (Vital Orbs) are basically like an extra Med. Since they pop back up every 60 seconds, if you're the winning team, it gives you a stronger advantage. As towers go down, some pop up in the vicinity of where the tower used to reside, so they keep allowing you to push harder. The concept is nice...if people are going to camp their tower, they should have some kind of disadvantage, right?

Well, when you're playing with a Ra who decides to dive the enemy team for a(n attempted) kill instead of healing his teammates...or roll 4 phys (and then 4 magical) after rerolling to try to balance while the other team is both balanced and with incredible poke from an Ah Puch, well guess what? You're going to be back on your heels, whether you personally are doing okay or not.

Ahhh, Assault, how I have such a love/hate relationship with you these days. At least you feel a bit fresher, though not much.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }