Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Out picked much?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Out picked much? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 16, 2013 5:58pm | Report

Dumbest team comp I've ever seen in Arena league!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 16, 2013 6:21pm | Report
I don't really see anything wrong with it.

They've got a rather weak physical carry, one of the strongest mages and a powerful minion *****, a very good healer, a top-tier tank, and an assassin.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 16, 2013 6:37pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I don't really see anything wrong with it.

They've got a rather weak physical carry, one of the strongest mages and a powerful minion *****, a very good healer, a top-tier tank, and an assassin.

you forget that that was arena.

Tyr and Ares have the best cc in the game (for arena) and Sobek pull is just always op and together with sobek pull merc can use special delivery without getting killed in 2 sec.

And freya is op as always :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 16, 2013 10:40pm | Report
Tyr is a nub to face, he really is
Tyr is soooooooooooo easy to avoid damage from

Mercury is more of a threat to me than tyr, sure tyr does good damage but what good is damage if you can't hit your opponent?

How to counter a tyr with ease and make him feel worthless
- Stay in front of him at all times, when he turns you turn, when he blinks you beads or aegis

If I stay in front of tyr he can't do anything besides push me back into my own team and I doubt he wants to try a move like that because he will end up dead.

Tyr is a god that is USELESS unless you get behind someone

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DuckyFrenzy » November 17, 2013 1:00am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Tyr is a nub to face, he really is
Tyr is soooooooooooo easy to avoid damage from

Mercury is more of a threat to me than tyr, sure tyr does good damage but what good is damage if you can't hit your opponent?

How to counter a tyr with ease and make him feel worthless
- Stay in front of him at all times, when he turns you turn, when he blinks you beads or aegis

If I stay in front of tyr he can't do anything besides push me back into my own team and I doubt he wants to try a move like that because he will end up dead.

Tyr is a god that is USELESS unless you get behind someone

True and untrue.
Tyr rely on positioning behind the enemy, but he can change to defensive stance and use his 1 in front of the enemy and than change to assault stance and do fearless.
Furthermore, in arena when you have Ares & Sobek on your side, enemies will be too busy to notice Tyr trying to get under their belt. One time when you lack concentration and you're gone. a smart Tyr will seek for that opportunity.

DuckyFrenzy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 17, 2013 3:58am | Report
It's not the individual picks that you should look for..

Yes, Tyr on his own isn't super strong. If he gets blink you can Purification Beads etc as you said (but this makes you waste a 90 sec cooldown for a skill with a 9 second cooldown as long as you build cdr, as you always should do in Arena). So he is basically a beads/aegis breaking machine, which combined with Ares, Sobek, Mercury and Freya (when it comes to the aegis, is pretty damned important).

When you think about picks you have to think team comp, not the individual god (this is especially when it comes to Arena league).

We got Ares and Tyr to burn beads and aegis, Sobek to pick ppl off and Mercury and Freya to kill them.
We had 3 of the strongest engagers with Tyr, Ares and Sobek.
we got insane burst damage with Freya and Mercury ( Made You Look combined with No Escape...) Xbalanque would have been better than Mercury ofc.

So all this all this leads to me as Ares being able to use No Escape and getting at least 1 person every time (burning beads and aegis on the rest) every time and the 2nd time I get 2-3 into either a Fearless to get them farther back towards us or just into damage from Made You Look and Valkyrie's Discretion. Sobek and Tyr can pick ppl off, I shakle into damage from Mercury and Freya. And as tou can see all this ends up in a11 minute surrender with almost 200 tickets lead, would say that pretty much says it all. :P

Hope you learned something about picking (hopefully we'll never see someone throwing the game before it even starts).

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 18, 2013 3:56pm | Report
I like how the "Rather weak physical carry' had the best KD of his team.
Honestly their comp isn't bad, yours is just good.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » November 19, 2013 9:53am | Report
Nothing wrong with that comp really. its not great, but its easily still winnable
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }