Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on the Chang'e buffs/nerfs?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on the Chang'e buffs/nerfs? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 11, 2013 5:13am | Report
With the new Kali patch there's been some pretty significant changes to chang'e.
- Her 1 has gained very strong protections for both melee AND magic
- her 3 has reduced healing
- Her 4's ult radius has been reduced

And an indirect nerf - polynomicon now only triggers once every 4 seconds

What are your opinions on these changes?

- I think the buff on her one is ok. It has its uses in team fights and 1v1'ing.
- Her 3 reduced healing makes me sad. This is the second nerf to her healing. She's pretty bad as a healer now, which reduces her effectiveness in team fights and reduces her sustain.
- I think there was two ways to change her ult. Reducing the size to make it a harder skill shot is a sound way to reduce its effectiveness imo. [It is harder to hit multiple gods now, from what I've tested at least.] I would've preferred a reduce on her stun duration instead, but meh.

- Polynomicon nerf. I think this was probably needed, but REALLY impacts chang'es dps. From the games I've played her in, she seems like a much weaker psuedo-support god that can secure kills in team fights.

Overall opinion:

I don't like her changes honestly. Her healing had already been reduced once, but now it's pretty pathetic. I understand the nerf on her ult. I think her damage reduction due to polynomicon makes her a much less viable pick, as she really relied heavily on that damage. The protection on her one is great for certain playstyles, but my own playstyle as an aggressive chang'e I feel has been severely neutered.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 11, 2013 6:00am | Report
They way I understand it is that her ultimate has not been reduced, at least not her ultimate's hit indicator. The situation was that the ultimate actually had a much wider hit-area than the hit-indicator displayed. They simply reduced it to match the indicator with the actual area it will hit, much like with other gods. I never noticed the issue before, but that's what I take out of it.
+ I believe I read it in a topic here, somewhere.
(Waxing Moon
The projectile's width has been reduced by 25% to match that of the targeter)
- patch notes

I personally think her increased defense balances out or still makes her better than before, with the slightly better healing.
The polynomicon nerf will cripple her abilities by a bit, but doesn't make her any less annoying or less viable for ranked play.

Overall, I don't think she is much different from what she was before. Less healing, more defense, means she takes less damage that she has to heal. I'm not a theory crafter, but I feel as if it balances out. Her other skills are unchanged if you never miss her ult, so yea. Nothing new really.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 11, 2013 6:40am | Report
I suppose you can't really class the ultimate "nerf" as anything more than a fix really. XD It does make it more of a skill shot though, which is probably what was originally intended anyway.

Her defense buff does equalise her healing nerf for support chang'e. I just dislike it because I play a much more aggressive chang'e that takes so much damage that I needed the higher healing. Oh well! I guess I'll take less damage so it sort of equalises. *sort of*

That said, I have no idea what hi-rez is trying to do with her. This might just be my elo talking, But not alot of people pick chang'e, and its pretty rare in casual to see her played well. Maybe this is different in high-end ranked though.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 11, 2013 7:34am | Report
IMO they should increase the heal again and reduce the damage, make her a damned support plea!

This unkillable damage machine is just annoying :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 11, 2013 9:16am | Report
Her 3 should've never had damage added on it. Her heal was never strong compared to Aphro or Hel's. The bonus was fine since it was just for her. She only had two damaging abilities and one was her ultimate. Without Polynomicon she couldn't even kill a squishy with all her abilities. Not that she can now with her 3 dealing a basic attack's worth of damage.
I think she was just fine that way.

What I think about her now?
The protections are welcome, but i'd rather have the heal back to 170 + 50% bonus and no damage on her 3 and no protections at all.
Again, Hi-rez did it all wrong.
Reducing the area on her ultimate was not right. They could've just made the targeter to fix the ultimate, but then even more crybabies would've spammed reddit with "Chang'e to overpowered!!!!1111" stuff.
The stun duration should be as TormentedTurnip suggested (1/1/2/2/2).The range& area was fine and the damage is fine too. It's an ultimate after all. If Chang'e's ultimate deals too much damage as some say I wonder how Poseidon's is doing.

What she needs? A revert back to how she was before AMC patch.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 11, 2013 12:47pm | Report
Totally agreed that she just needs reverted to where she was a couple patches ago. HiRez took a car that was running a little slower than it should, souped the hell out of it by giving her 3 damage and made it too powerful. Now instead of just taking back that change, they're trying to change everything else and just making it worse. She needed small changes before, and they added a huge one. Now she's so far out of balance that they're struggling big time with her.

They gave her 1 a huge buff, the big reason why she's so strong, mini-nerfed her heal... and they actually called it a nerf. I don't think HiRez understands what's going on with her at all :/

Her kit is just problematic in general though. She has so much utility that she's always going to be super strong if she's relevant. She was better balanced before, but she was also hardly ever played because her super weak early game made her too hard to carry to her great late game (compared to other carries.) She's going to be tough to truly balance.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 11, 2013 3:54pm | Report

IMO they should increase the heal again and reduce the damage, make her a damned support plea!

This.

Like people are saying, revert her back a couple patches ago, fix her ult up a little bit, and let her be. She was a great support back then, minus her ult which needed working with, and now she's very problematic where she's constantly banned. Revert everything back before her heal got damage and decrease her stun time on her ult. Don't agree at all with Hi-Rez wanting her to be a regular mage rather than a full support where, in my opinion, she shined at. Hi-Rez is just breaking her with every patch, and it's clearly evident that they have no idea how to fix/balance her.

However, just as a response to the most recent patche's change, I'm definitely not a fan of another heal reduction at all. In fact, I severely dislike it, but the added protection should soften the blow a bit. I haven't tried her out yet, so I don't know. As for the change on her ult, I'm all for it, but it's only a start and needs to be followed up with a reduction in the stun capability or like someone else said on Reddit, possibly changing it to a mez or something.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 11, 2013 4:46pm | Report
Meh, I really think a big problem with HiRez' problems balancing Chang'e is that so many people think she's a support. She hasn't been a support at any recent time. She's not a support for the same reason that Aphro isn't; the support needs to be able to tank damage to peel and protect the back line and secure objectives. Tanks can do that, and so can a few bruisers. Mages can't. People just think heal = support. In reality, peel, tankiness and ability to be useful with a gold disadvantage are much more important.

HiRez is pushing Chang'e towards a full mage like they should, but they're doing it in a bad way. The numbers on her heal aren't the problem, it's the numbers in all of her kit put together with her utility. She needs to lose protections on her 1, or have the numbers go down/have the CD increased.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 11, 2013 5:06pm | Report
I tend to agree generally - the damage potential on her heal is unnecessary [nice for wave clear, but she has low cdr 1...] I actually LIKED the fact that you got additional heal for each god you heal - it was a great way to force selfish players to play her at least somewhat supportively.

I've actually been playing her some more today. The healing reduction is fairly significant, I don't notice the protections buff all that much [But then, I don't play conquest, where I think it could come in more handy] as it's so short. Honestly she's still *good* but now requires more set-up for her ult to really pay off in a team fight.

The main issue I have is that reverting her back to her healing glory and removing the damage has an issue - the polynomicon nerf will then really hurt. The sting is lessened atm by the damaging heal. Remove that damage so she only has one skill and honestly, I don't think she's such a strong pick. [Comparative to aphro, who has a knock back with damage, stun on low cdr, stronger 1-man heal with damage and a get out of jail free card for herself and an ally.]

I'd actually quite like a rework on her to be honest. She has a unique skill [2] which she should keep in some form, but the other 3 skills could do with a rework once hi-rez decides what the hell they want chang'e to be. I'd like them to maintain the way she feels though, she just flows into each move so well. :)

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 11, 2013 5:39pm | Report
The protections are huge in conquest. She buffs her own defense, plus the minion wave while she clears. Combined with her heal, she outpushes most other gods early, which gives her a very easy laning phase. The recent buff is significant because now she can do to mages what she used to do to bruisers (plus she can do it better, since she got extra phys prot added too.) He Bo can't chunk her when she gets so much free defense. She has 100 magic protection once she finishes Void Stone. Between that and her kit, she's extremely hard to kill. And this is for a late game monster that you're supposed to have to carry.

I can't speak to other game modes, but Chang'e is currently top ban in ranked conquest, Aphro isn't viable.

I don't think Chang'e needs a full rework, but she can't get so much utility if they want to make her a true mage. Agni, He Bo and Zeus are OP with high damage and a little utility. Chang'e can keep the stun on her ult and a heal, but she can't debuff healing, buff/debuff protections, have a year long stun, heal 'and' have huge damage.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }