Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on the Chang'e buffs/nerfs?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on the Chang'e buffs/nerfs? 11 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 12, 2013 3:15am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

The protections are huge in conquest. She buffs her own defense, plus the minion wave while she clears. Combined with her heal, she outpushes most other gods early, which gives her a very easy laning phase. The recent buff is significant because now she can do to mages what she used to do to bruisers (plus she can do it better, since she got extra phys prot added too.) He Bo can't chunk her when she gets so much free defense. She has 100 magic protection once she finishes Void Stone. Between that and her kit, she's extremely hard to kill. And this is for a late game monster that you're supposed to have to carry.

I'll honestly have to take your word for that :P The protections don't really last long, and randomly spamming your one for the protections isn't exactly efficient [which is why I don't think they're good.] She is definitely hard to kill, which is one of her attractions really. That said her damage is nowhere near as large as people make out. Compare chang'e to any pure mage like hebo and she isn't great. Honestly, chang'e can't really burst down people, she needs a prolonged engage to trigger polynomicon, which is a weakness imo. Her main strength for me is the ability to poke well without truly risking yourself at any point, due to her waltz. She's great like that.

"Chang'e can keep the stun on her ult and a heal, but she can't debuff healing, buff/debuff protections, have a year long stun, heal 'and' have huge damage."

I tend to agree. The debuff to healing is pretty useless honestly, I don't even know why its there. The Buff to protections for such a short time isn't great either imo [but then I don't play conquest,] and I wouldn't mind that being removed. Her stun is only really potent in a 5v5 scenario where you hit at least 3 people, perhaps limiting the stun to 3 seconds max would be best imo. At a bare minimum she needs to maintain her damaging abilities though, since the poly nerf. I wouldn't call her damage "huge" though. As I mentioned earlier - any pure mage completely decimates her in dps and burst.

EDIT: "I can't speak to other game modes, but Chang'e is currently top ban in ranked conquest, Aphro isn't viable."

I mean't I doubt she would be truly better than aphro if she was reverted to her prior state with the poly nerf in effect.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }