Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OP Gods need to be balanced!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » OP Gods need to be balanced! 32 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 18, 2013 10:20am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Anyone who says Loki is overpowered has never been near or watched the competitive scene. His only escapes are his only damage. If he initiates on you, you kill him, plain and simple.
If you're referring to solo lane with Decoy, it doesn't even one shot the minions, and it's at the expense of losing pretty much all your damage.

I'm sorry, what? Loki might not be overpowered, but he was starting to become a force. He was starting to get banned. You can't "just kill him", because if he initiates on you he is going to deal a truckload of damage. In a 1v1 situation against a squishy that has already taken some prior damage he is incredibly lethal. It's not as easy for him to go in against an entire team, but he could ult in, kill a squishy and combat blink out before dying if he was in capable hands. He was actually pretty powerful. Especially as his Decoy, contrary to your statement, actually did oneshot minions. At lvl 4 it killed the entire wave barring big minions.

The reason I'm speaking in past tense here is that I'm not too sure how goo he is after his nerf this patch. Will have to test a bit to see if he still works or if this has hit him hard.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 18, 2013 11:14am | Report
Kripox wrote:

I'm sorry, what? Loki might not be overpowered, but he was starting to become a force. He was starting to get banned. You can't "just kill him", because if he initiates on you he is going to deal a truckload of damage. In a 1v1 situation against a squishy that has already taken some prior damage he is incredibly lethal. It's not as easy for him to go in against an entire team, but he could ult in, kill a squishy and combat blink out before dying if he was in capable hands. He was actually pretty powerful. Especially as his Decoy, contrary to your statement, actually did oneshot minions. At lvl 4 it killed the entire wave barring big minions.

The reason I'm speaking in past tense here is that I'm not too sure how goo he is after his nerf this patch. Will have to test a bit to see if he still works or if this has hit him hard.

Finally, someone who gets it!

Don't forget 1st level meditation is also pretty decent on him. A Loki with cooldown items consumes a lot of mana, and the heal isn't bad, either. That solves the mana problem.

The new meta seems to be farming Heartseeker stacks with Decoy. And sadly, its pretty effective.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }